Santa Cruz Pasta Factory: Dine-In or take-home pasta

There are 11 comments on the Nov 26, 2008, Santa Cruz Sentinel story titled Santa Cruz Pasta Factory: Dine-In or take-home pasta. In it, Santa Cruz Sentinel reports that:

As a child, the only pasta I knew was dry spaghetti in a box or SpaghettiOs in a can.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Santa Cruz Sentinel.

Wescruz

Santa Cruz, CA

#1 Nov 26, 2008
Hmmm the review made my mouth water!! Heck with Turkey for thanksgiving! Now I know what I'm going to chow down on!!
homer

San Jose, CA

#2 Nov 26, 2008
Their pasta is really good and the Bolognese sauce is to die for. Highly recommended.
Jia Tella Cambodian is also really good.
BlondeAmbition

San Jose, CA

#3 Nov 26, 2008
They are TERRIBLE sorry to say...
I work in SV and tried them once about 6 mos ago and it was the WORST. I even emailed the owner and told him of my experience and all he said was sorry..
I drive by there almost every day around lunch time and the place is deserted, what does that tell ya ??

Anyway just my 2 cents worth.
Wescruz

Santa Cruz, CA

#4 Nov 26, 2008
Funny how a place can be given a completely different opinion from one person to the next. I wonder if it depends upons who is the chef at the time? Maybe this sentinel reviewer got there at a good time and someone like "blondeambition" gets there at a terrible time. But a truly good place is just good. Now I don't know what to think.
Yuck

Santa Cruz, CA

#5 Nov 26, 2008
Sorry, i've been there, and it SUCKS! The food is NOT good, and it is expensive. It's nothing special. The service was bad, too.
Yuck

Santa Cruz, CA

#6 Nov 26, 2008
They censored $ ucks
SantaCruzResiden t

Santa Cruz, CA

#7 Nov 26, 2008
But I was able to say BullCrap!
Pasta Pimp

Daly City, CA

#8 Nov 26, 2008
I tried SC Pasta Factory and it was ....just ok.

The pasta was good, but the service was s l o w! and the price was hIGh.$31+ for two pastas and a kids meal. And we used a coupon!!

You're better off throwing some pasta from the store into some boiling water the old fashion way, and then simmering some Pasta Barilla sauce...

Sorry SCPF, you wont be getting anymore of my [pasta] dough $$.

Since: Jun 08

Daly City, CA

#9 Nov 26, 2008
I love pasta and cant wait to try it, someday when I have enough money to eat out, hopefully they will still be in business then....
Burrito

Santa Cruz, CA

#10 Nov 26, 2008
I've been there and the pasta was okay. Nothing to rave about and it was expensive. Probably would not go there again.
Burrito

Santa Cruz, CA

#11 Nov 26, 2008
I forgot to add, ditto concerning Jia Tella Cambodian. The food is amazing. The Garlic Salmon is to die for and the spring rolls.....outstanding.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bologna, Italy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News A Winged Victory For the Sullen on the Power of... Apr 3 Sterkfontein Swar... 1
News Vatican exorcism conference warns the Devil is ... (May '14) Nov '14 Catholic Girl 29
News Andrew Medichini / AP Photo A Gay Wedding in Ro... (Oct '12) Jul '14 Nick 14
News Radical Feminist Mob Storms Catholic Cathedral ... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Curteese 3
News Judge rejects house arrest bid by jailed ex-UBS... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Nicknat 1
News How to eat like an Italian (Sep '13) Oct '13 cold black coffee 9
News John Derbyshire: Barilla, Golden Dawn-A Busy Ti... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Gremlin 1
More from around the web