Sugo in Long Beach: Urban Italian fare

Full story: Newsday 87
Adding a new Italian accent to the Long Beach dining scene is Sugo, which opened Memorial Day weekend at 62 W. Park Ave., 516-431-7846. Chef Merlin Tlapa, who has cooked at Coco Pazzo and Centolire in ... Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Urban Italian

Freehold, NJ

#84 Nov 20, 2009
Sicilian Eggplant!
Liano

Freehold, NJ

#85 Nov 21, 2009
I went to Sugo last night and man have they come a long way, it was packed and deservedly so. We were able to get a quiet table behind a wall near the entrance. Ordered martinis and Parmesan crusted chicken and a shirt teak, one more delicious than the other, we shared the dishes, but I got the left overs, just had them and had to post. And the pretzel bread is awesome, no butter needed on it at all.
The eclectic decor and city chic feel is a cool addition to Long Beach, even thought they've been around a few years.
Go, try it, I guarantee, you'll love it.
shelly

Thomaston, CT

#86 Nov 21, 2009
nobody has mentioned the veal parmigian which is my favorite italian dish next to sophia loren...i havent been to this place nyet but how are they still busy and still open with all the bad reviews..this place has touched a nerve with so many people i might have to find out myself..
Lon Gisland Guy

United States

#89 Feb 18, 2011
Wow, I'm not sure WHAT happenend on 7-17-2010, but it sure looks like somebody was pissed off....
I thought this place was in a sort of steady nobody cares lackadaisical decline for a year, but I think they've bounced back.
Whatever they changed, it's starting to show.
Joanna S

Freehold, NJ

#90 Feb 18, 2011

A really great restaurant that won't rip you off like so many others do. Food was great...service was friendly and the prices were very reasonable. We've been back recently a few times and I have to say that they have stepped up their game. I got a pork chop that was so big and juicy my husbandgot the ribs, both were ( Ymmmmmm)!
My daughter got the mac-n-cheese a huge, creamy portion like mom used to make. I'd say thier's was the best in Long Beach, and the price was very affordable..The food was very nicely prepared and the place is very cozy and clean.
LB Local

Stamford, CT

#91 Feb 18, 2011
I was there on Valentines day. Menu was very limited in selection and food was fair at best. I had the filet mignon and the meat was good, but the choice to season it with espresso rub and some sort of chocolate sauce totally ruined it. I will give it another chance.........
Tea Party Joe

Freehold, NJ

#92 Feb 19, 2011
Not to agree with you or disagree, BUT! You can not judge a restaurant on a day like Valentines Day, it is not a typical day.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bologna, Italy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vatican exorcism conference warns the Devil is ... (May '14) Nov '14 Catholic Girl 29
Andrew Medichini / AP Photo A Gay Wedding in Ro... (Oct '12) Jul '14 Nick 14
Radical Feminist Mob Storms Catholic Cathedral ... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Curteese 3
Judge rejects house arrest bid by jailed ex-UBS... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Nicknat 1
How to eat like an Italian (Sep '13) Oct '13 cold black coffee 9
John Derbyshire: Barilla, Golden Dawn-A Busy Ti... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Gremlin 1
The MOnitoring Resynchronization dEvices and CA... (Aug '13) Aug '13 ZZZZZZZZZZXXXXXXX... 1
More from around the web

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:44 pm PST