The Best of the Berkshires: You chose...

The Best of the Berkshires: You chose the winners

There are 24 comments on the Berkshire Eagle story from Jun 24, 2010, titled The Best of the Berkshires: You chose the winners. In it, Berkshire Eagle reports that:

Twelve thousand people wrote in this year to tell us their favorite places. Every year at the beginning of summer, The Eagle runs a readers' poll.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Berkshire Eagle.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
jwc

Easthampton, MA

#1 Jun 24, 2010
This self servinmg BS
a full house

United States

#2 Jun 24, 2010
City Hall, it's not my favorite place, but it's definitely a place full of winner.
a full house

United States

#3 Jun 24, 2010
a full house wrote:
City Hall, it's not my favorite place, but it's definitely a place full of winner.
a full house of winners.
zens1

East Otis, MA

#4 Jun 24, 2010
you mean ZENS isnt on here? come on!
Left WINGED PARROT

Hartford, CT

#5 Jun 24, 2010
Best newspaper: Pittsfield Gazette !!!!
Best

Berne, NY

#6 Jun 24, 2010
Best butt of jokes: Angelo Stracuzzi
Brent

Heath, MA

#7 Jun 24, 2010
They should look into the buisnesses before awarding them with the award.
w-t-f

Monsey, NY

#8 Jun 25, 2010
funny list, it tells alot about who submitted the entry forms - McDonald's???
Zagat

South Glens Falls, NY

#9 Jun 25, 2010
Best Beer: Moe's Tavern
The masses

Berne, NY

#10 Jun 25, 2010
These votes are mostly meaningless. All it shows is what businesses the masses frequent. Who can seriously claim that the buffet at Old Country is better than Bounti-Fare? And that's just one example.
Little Old Me

West Springfield, MA

#11 Jun 25, 2010
This contest is kind of like all those vote-in reality TV shows--the real "vote" has nothing to do with who's chosen. The Eagle chooses the "winners" based on their advertising dollars. What a sham.
Ridiculous

Albany, NY

#12 Jun 25, 2010
Yes, this whole vote is meaningless. Berkshire bank spent $13k of their own money buying newspapers and having staff fill them out. Yea, this is legit.
JDM

Albany, NY

#14 Jun 25, 2010
Rigged like crazy
Dim Farkas

Ballston Spa, NY

#15 Jun 25, 2010
Brent wrote:
They should look into the buisnesses before awarding them with the award.
Yes. Thank you.
Dim Farkas

Ballston Spa, NY

#16 Jun 25, 2010
The masses wrote:
These votes are mostly meaningless. All it shows is what businesses the masses frequent..
...it also shows what companies bought multiple newspapers and had each employee and their families fill them out.

This is just an advertising gimmick for the Eagle.

"Hey", says the Eagle, "you were voted in, you should buy an ad for the flier"
Dim Farkas

Ballston Spa, NY

#17 Jun 25, 2010
Ridiculous wrote:
Yes, this whole vote is meaningless. Berkshire bank spent $13k of their own money buying newspapers and having staff fill them out. Yea, this is legit.
I don't know if they spent $13K, but I know that they had everyone and their families submit forms - and each form had to be handed into a Berkshire Bank representative to assure that the employee (and their families) actually voted for the bank.

What a sham.
Justanothermom

Clockville, NY

#18 Jun 25, 2010
It's pretty clear that the majority of the people polled or who wrote in, (however they collected their data) are from South County. I know of several places that sell sandwiches that are way better than Angelina's. Seeing McDonald's on the winners list is laughable.
good stuff

Hudson Falls, NY

#19 Jun 25, 2010
Best? This, like others have said, is rubbish. Spend an afternoon listening to WUPE while eating you McDonalds? Best bird cage liner? And the winner is.......The Berkshire Eagle!
Beer Drinker

East Otis, MA

#20 Jun 25, 2010
Zagat wrote:
Best Beer: Moe's Tavern
I think the Old Forge has Moes beat by about a hundred beers!
Local

Berkshire, MA

#21 Jun 25, 2010
Woooohoooo congrats everyone!!! Especially Nonnies Country Store!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bologna, Italy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Italy's Tuscany always on my mind (Aug '12) Jan 1 edna-m 5
News How to eat like an Italian (Sep '13) Oct '16 stellabahl 11
News Remembering Umberto Eco (Feb '16) Feb '16 MARIANNE 1
News A Winged Victory For the Sullen on the Power of... (Apr '15) Nov '15 Kid_Tomorrow 2
News Bruce and Wini Johnson selected 2015 ECR Grand ... (May '15) May '15 marooldit 1
News Vatican exorcism conference warns the Devil is ... (May '14) Nov '14 Catholic Girl 29
News Andrew Medichini / AP Photo A Gay Wedding in Ro... (Oct '12) Jul '14 Nick 14
More from around the web