Iran upgrades its MiG 29 fighter jets with modern electronics

Aug 4, 2012 Full story: Examiner.com 28

FARS news agency reported on an effort by Iran to overhaul and upgrades it's tactical MiG29 fighter jets.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Iqbal Mohammed

Kolkata, India

#1 Aug 6, 2012
I hope Iran not only upgrade but also manufacture the new mig I propose the new name is Gazi

“bless the USA”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#2 Aug 6, 2012
I hope they installed a toilet.
Travis

Saint Peters, MO

#3 Aug 12, 2012
Still can't compete with F-22,F-18,X-35,B-2etc.
Red Rider BB Gun

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#4 Aug 12, 2012
Travis wrote:
Still can't compete with F-22,F-18,X-35,B-2etc.
Iran is a joke, America would crush their military with a single Ohio class submarine and me and my red rider BB gun
Travis

Saint Peters, MO

#5 Aug 12, 2012
Red Rider BB Gun wrote:
<quoted text> Iran is a joke, America would crush their military with a single Ohio class submarine and me and my red rider BB gun
Well said just be careful and don't shoot your eye out
David

Pflugerville, TX

#6 Nov 2, 2012
The U.S. Air Force chased these aircraft from the sky back when they were young. Now that they aren’t, they’re just cannon fodder. New electronics won’t make much difference when confronted with an F-22 or JSF armed with state-of-the-art, helmet-cued air-to-air missiles that can acquire the target off axis and are themselves highly maneuverable and resistant to electronic countermeasures. Add to the equation that the U.S. fields the most combat experienced pilots in the world and Iranian boasting rings hollow. In a head-to-head fight, the IRIAF would last one to two days maximum.

David F. Crosby is the author of A Guide to Iranian Man-Portable Air Defense Weapons. His book A Guide to Airborne Weapons was a 2003 Military Book Club selection. He has published numerous defense-related articles in national magazines such as Aviation History, Vietnam, and Civil War Times Illustrated. In addition, Mister Crosby wrote history for the U.S. Air Force and worked as a doctrine developer for U.S. Army Air Defense Artillery School. He has served in both the infantry and the military police.
Anonymous

Toronto, Canada

#7 Nov 7, 2012
David wrote:
The U.S. Air Force chased these aircraft from the sky back when they were young. Now that they aren’t, they’re just cannon fodder. New electronics won’t make much difference when confronted with an F-22 or JSF armed with state-of-the-art, helmet-cued air-to-air missiles that can acquire the target off axis and are themselves highly maneuverable and resistant to electronic countermeasures. Add to the equation that the U.S. fields the most combat experienced pilots in the world and Iranian boasting rings hollow. In a head-to-head fight, the IRIAF would last one to two days maximum.
David F. Crosby is the author of A Guide to Iranian Man-Portable Air Defense Weapons. His book A Guide to Airborne Weapons was a 2003 Military Book Club selection. He has published numerous defense-related articles in national magazines such as Aviation History, Vietnam, and Civil War Times Illustrated. In addition, Mister Crosby wrote history for the U.S. Air Force and worked as a doctrine developer for U.S. Army Air Defense Artillery School. He has served in both the infantry and the military police.
Yo David,
The upgrades are still better having nothing,
take a look at the below diagram & not even the F 22s can
bypass these traps tell if I a correct?
Hala wala Goda shista budeain Salam Brothers use
this strategy to defend against any incoming aircrafts
ha ha cheap yet effective ?

Any +'ve feed back appreciated?

http://jedi434.ipage.com/personal/att.htm
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#8 Nov 7, 2012
Kudos to Iran. Now they are only 40 years behind.
Anonymous

Toronto, Canada

#9 Nov 8, 2012
Its not about 40 years behind, new technology is still breakable by physical realities, you see, suppressing one country by economic or military or what not, is kind of unfair tactics, so my diagram for Iranians is better than upgrade on the Migs, at least it will give a running bet on F22 pilots ? Any positive comments please - the above wasn't +'ve regard military tactics I was just bored to reply back?

http://jedi434.ipage.com/personal/att.htm

Something like drones but cost effective?
lolol

Albuquerque, NM

#10 Nov 8, 2012
muzzie hoopla over 1970's airplanes .... oh the irony ... do they still use rotary dial phones too ?
Anonymous

Toronto, Canada

#11 Nov 8, 2012
Yeah they do, in some villages in South America, forgot there are 800 million in new technology life styles versus eh ... what I am thinking you are living a life in penthouse with American life style yeah? minus 8 billion people who don't even have rotary or any phones for that matter? What has war become latest technology vs none, lets put 1 on 1 battle with equal technology & take it from there?
SHIRO

New York, NY

#12 Nov 8, 2012
NO BODY SHOULD DARE TO IGNORE OUR FLYING PERSIAN CARPETS.... And kelims too
Election rescheduled

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#13 Nov 8, 2012
Can we just nuke Iran now and get this whole thing over with
Old Jew

San Francisco, CA

#14 Nov 9, 2012
Long live Israel, land of "God's Children".
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#15 Nov 9, 2012
It would take the USA approximately 24 hours to destroy Iran's air force and to render their ability to make war deaf, dumb and blind....leaving them utterly defenseless.
Anonymous

Toronto, Canada

#16 Nov 9, 2012
Dreams are for dreamers & now muslims have the Nuclear deployment ability, & one has it all HAVE IT ? h a h a ha ha

Since: Nov 12

Toronto, Canada

#17 Nov 12, 2012
Iran not need to do that just look at the "prevant attack from Isreal US by 3 pronged etc"? Any comments?
Chairman Obama

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#18 Nov 12, 2012
Faith wrote:
It would take the USA approximately 24 hours to destroy Iran's air force and to render their ability to make war deaf, dumb and blind....leaving them utterly defenseless.
Less than that if we ignored killing a few filthy Muslim civilians
BMW

Santee, CA

#19 Nov 12, 2012
You people are bunch of dummies!

Since: Nov 12

Toronto, Canada

#20 Nov 12, 2012
Why don't you pick a fight 1 on 1 eh? than use someone else created Technology from Harvard or MIT to bully around, whito?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tabriz, Iran Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anti-gay Eurovision protests intensify in Irana (May '12) Aug '14 Roy 8
Rouhani out of ideas, out of time to save Lake ... Aug '14 Pin 1
Will the Islamic Republic face economic collapse? Jul '14 Vic 5
Iran: Call to save lives of 6 political prisone... Jul '14 Dim 1
The Creation Of Armenia May '14 Herbert 2
Iran orders subway coaches from China in return... (Jul '13) Jul '13 El ameen 1
Iranian MP criticizes disregard towards Lake Urmia (Jul '13) Jul '13 El ameen 2

Tabriz, Iran People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE