Caspian Airlines: 168 believed dead in Iran jet crash

In this photo released by the semi-official Iranian Students News Agency, an unidentified man observes the scene of a plane crash near the village of Jannatabad today. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Montys python

Henderson, NV

#1 Jul 15, 2009
So the Iranians are blaming the US for the crash of a Russian made airliner.They cite the '79 embargo by the US and its allies.Too bad,and,oh by the way, the last US built plane was delivered to Iran in 1976,that's 33 years ago.Those planes are junk,and even if the embargo on parts was lifted,no one in their right mind would fly on one.
JSIII

Chicago, IL

#2 Jul 15, 2009
and the article somehow tries to blame the US for not selling the Iranians parts...I love the Bias of this paper. Keep up the sympathy for our enemies.
Ex-Aircraft Mechanic

Lake Bluff, IL

#3 Jul 15, 2009
Montys python wrote:
So the Iranians are blaming the US for the crash of a Russian made airliner.They cite the '79 embargo by the US and its allies.Too bad,and,oh by the way, the last US built plane was delivered to Iran in 1976,that's 33 years ago.Those planes are junk,and even if the embargo on parts was lifted,no one in their right mind would fly on one.
I agree that the embargo does not have a damn thing to do with this crash and can't figure out who in their right mind can even remotely blame the US for this. If they weren't so busy trying to build a nuke, they could make their own damn airplanes and parts.
Crying shame

New York, NY

#4 Jul 15, 2009
...I heard there were three empty seats.
GEM

Seattle, WA

#5 Jul 15, 2009
Crying shame wrote:
...I heard there were three empty seats.
What's your point?
Marg

Hanover, Germany

#6 Jul 15, 2009
Poor innocent people. It is real terrible tragedy.
usa is responsible as always - it is all thanks to sanctions - Iranians cannot buy new jets because criminals from usa banned it. Such jets which are older than 20 years must NOT fly. Besides it is not very far from Iran to Armenia. Can they not better build rail transport?
Why are ussmen so degenerate pigs? Do they like to live with those thoughts that they have so many innocent people on their consciences? Why do they impose sanctions and what nuts degenerates from another so called west and not onlywest countries agree on sanctioning of this Iran in such way. They must have allowance to buy new jets.
And now what? West countries and especially ussa - all those degenerates pricks and war criminals responsible for these sanctions murdered all these 168 persons - poor innocent people.
To remember. It was a jet which was shot by ussmen - 275 Iranians were murdered by ussmen - no criminal was punished.
dude

Palo Alto, CA

#7 Jul 15, 2009
Crying shame wrote:
...I heard there were three empty seats.
Shame on you!
Joe

Chicago, IL

#8 Jul 15, 2009
Marg wrote:
Poor innocent people. It is real terrible tragedy.
usa is responsible as always - it is all thanks to sanctions - Iranians cannot buy new jets because criminals from usa banned it. Such jets which are older than 20 years must NOT fly. Besides it is not very far from Iran to Armenia. Can they not better build rail transport?
Why are ussmen so degenerate pigs? Do they like to live with those thoughts that they have so many innocent people on their consciences? Why do they impose sanctions and what nuts degenerates from another so called west and not onlywest countries agree on sanctioning of this Iran in such way. They must have allowance to buy new jets.
And now what? West countries and especially ussa - all those degenerates pricks and war criminals responsible for these sanctions murdered all these 168 persons - poor innocent people.
To remember. It was a jet which was shot by ussmen - 275 Iranians were murdered by ussmen - no criminal was punished.
You have a lot of nerve accusing another country of being war criminals, Marg.
Karl

River Grove, IL

#9 Jul 15, 2009
Marg, they have this really cool thing called Google. By using this “Google” you can search news items from recent past. Low and behold look what I found:

Germany wants new sanctions against Iran: report
Dec 13, 2008
BERLIN (AFP)— Germany wants further sanctions to be imposed against Iran, hitting the banking and transport sectors, according to the weekly Der Spiegel to be published Monday.

Maybe you should focus on your home country instead of always pointing the finger our way.
Marg wrote:
Poor innocent people. It is real terrible tragedy.
usa is responsible as always - it is all thanks to sanctions - Iranians cannot buy new jets because criminals from usa banned it. Such jets which are older than 20 years must NOT fly. Besides it is not very far from Iran to Armenia. Can they not better build rail transport?
Why are ussmen so degenerate pigs? Do they like to live with those thoughts that they have so many innocent people on their consciences? Why do they impose sanctions and what nuts degenerates from another so called west and not onlywest countries agree on sanctioning of this Iran in such way. They must have allowance to buy new jets.
And now what? West countries and especially ussa - all those degenerates pricks and war criminals responsible for these sanctions murdered all these 168 persons - poor innocent people.
To remember. It was a jet which was shot by ussmen - 275 Iranians were murdered by ussmen - no criminal was punished.
Corks

Seattle, WA

#10 Jul 15, 2009
Marg wrote:
Poor innocent people. It is real terrible tragedy.
usa is responsible as always - it is all thanks to sanctions - Iranians cannot buy new jets because criminals from usa banned it. Such jets which are older than 20 years must NOT fly. Besides it is not very far from Iran to Armenia. Can they not better build rail transport?
Why are ussmen so degenerate pigs? Do they like to live with those thoughts that they have so many innocent people on their consciences? Why do they impose sanctions and what nuts degenerates from another so called west and not onlywest countries agree on sanctioning of this Iran in such way. They must have allowance to buy new jets.
And now what? West countries and especially ussa - all those degenerates pricks and war criminals responsible for these sanctions murdered all these 168 persons - poor innocent people.
To remember. It was a jet which was shot by ussmen - 275 Iranians were murdered by ussmen - no criminal was punished.
Go have a few more pilsners, you drunk.

Marg, what kind of name is that anyway??
We Are Better

Los Angeles, CA

#11 Jul 15, 2009
The fact that Americans aren't dancing in the streets as would be the case in Tehran if this was an American airliner, proves that as a people we Americans are the more humane and thus the superior people.
I won't celebrate this plane crash but neither will I give a damn about the victims.
Joe

Chicago, IL

#13 Jul 15, 2009
We Are Better wrote:
The fact that Americans aren't dancing in the streets as would be the case in Tehran if this was an American airliner, proves that as a people we Americans are the more humane and thus the superior people.
I won't celebrate this plane crash but neither will I give a damn about the victims.
Thanks for demonstrating the humanity you mentioned.
Michael Anthony

Chicago, IL

#14 Jul 15, 2009
We Are Better wrote:
The fact that Americans aren't dancing in the streets as would be the case in Tehran if this was an American airliner, proves that as a people we Americans are the more humane and thus the superior people.
I won't celebrate this plane crash but neither will I give a damn about the victims.
We are more superior? And you dont care about the victims?
Thats very UN-AMERICAN of you. These victims are not Iranian Government or Military leaders. These are ordinary men, women, and children. A youth sports group on the way to a game in Armenia were among the victims. Innocent people are always caught up in the politics of a country, and you should show more compassion to your fellow man.
If you followed the reports after the election fiasco, most reports cited that the majority of citizens wanted the current anti-American government out. Perhaps some of the freedom fighters were on the plane, or perhaps from their families. No one should be celebrating the loss of life.
Mel Frisbee

Saint Louis, MO

#15 Jul 15, 2009
Have mercy on their souls.

Unfortuantely, it merely a matter of time before US gets blamed for this.
Ima Conservative

Mattoon, IL

#16 Jul 15, 2009
Marg wrote:
Poor innocent people. It is real terrible tragedy.
usa is responsible as always - it is all thanks to sanctions - Iranians cannot buy new jets because criminals from usa banned it. Such jets which are older than 20 years must NOT fly. Besides it is not very far from Iran to Armenia. Can they not better build rail transport?
Why are ussmen so degenerate pigs? Do they like to live with those thoughts that they have so many innocent people on their consciences? Why do they impose sanctions and what nuts degenerates from another so called west and not onlywest countries agree on sanctioning of this Iran in such way. They must have allowance to buy new jets.
And now what? West countries and especially ussa - all those degenerates pricks and war criminals responsible for these sanctions murdered all these 168 persons - poor innocent people.
To remember. It was a jet which was shot by ussmen - 275 Iranians were murdered by ussmen - no criminal was punished.
I do feel sorry for the innocents who lost their lives and Marg should pull his/her head out of their Nazi butt.
HadEnough

Frankfort, IL

#17 Jul 15, 2009
Iran blames the fact that they use unsafe planes on the US? Maybe if they spent less money on centrifuges needed to make nuclear weapons and more on maintaining their infrastructure they wold not have these catastrophies.

Anyone that boards an Iranian airplane is apparently putting their lives at risk because the leadership in this country doesn't care a damn about their citizens!

But of course Obama wants to deal with this Administration and demands that Israel once again ignore its own defense so that the Obama Administration can bend over to Iran.

Time to start some pools. Some suggestions:

How long will it take for the citizens of Iran to revolt against this Government? And will or will not Obama support such a revolution?

How long will it be before Israel attacks Iran and takes out its nuclear dreams in spite of Obama's demands?

When will the apologist Obama wake up and figure out that Iran either has to give in or be further isolated from the World?
sara

Evanston, IL

#18 Jul 15, 2009
JSIII wrote:
and the article somehow tries to blame the US for not selling the Iranians parts...I love the Bias of this paper. Keep up the sympathy for our enemies.
actually you can thank pres o for this!
Social Justice

King Of Prussia, PA

#19 Jul 15, 2009
OK, I won't complain about United any more
Iransux

Falcon, NC

#21 Jul 16, 2009
Too bad the 168 who perished were not filthy mullahs, smelly ayatollahs, or corrupt clerics.

Their day of reckoning is coming soon and the world will be better off without these scum-buckets.

May they rot in hell for eternity
Lake County

Schaumburg, IL

#23 Jul 16, 2009
Hopefully Jimmy Carter, was on it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Qazvin, Iran Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Iranian women present in every facet of life: d... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Tom Bola 2
Iranian Councilor Banned For Being Sexy (Aug '13) Aug '13 mike 2
Iranian citizen committed an act of self-immola... (Jul '13) Jul '13 El ameen 1
Iranian President Ahmadinejad unhurt after heli... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Sohrab 8
Iran, Russia mulling cooperation in electric tr... (Dec '12) Dec '12 SHIRO 1
Eight Baloch Political Prisoners in Iran Face I... (Sep '12) Sep '12 Karol 3
Iran: 5 executed in public (May '11) Jun '11 reza june 72
More from around the web

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:00 pm PST