Iran Training Iraqi Hit Squads To Assassinate US, Iraqi Troops

Aug 15, 2008 | Posted by: Iria | Full story: www.huffingtonpost.com

Iraqi Shiite assassination teams are being trained in at least four locations in Iran by Tehran's elite Quds force and Lebanese Hezbollah and are planning to return to Iraq in the next few months to kill specific Iraqi officials as well as U.S. and Iraqi troops, according to intelligence gleaned from captured militia fighters and other sources in Iraq.
Comments
1 - 20 of 55 Comments Last updated Aug 20, 2008
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“It's about the American People”

Since: Jun 07

Flushing, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Aug 15, 2008
 

Judged:

5

2

2

What a surprise to learn that the evil Iranian radical Islamic regime is continuing to enjoy free pass in using his Islamic terrorist suicide bombers organizations all over the Middle East to murder the enemies of radical Islam.
US State department under Rice failed in its appeasement policy and diplomacy with the rogue and apocalyptic regime of Ahmadinajad as US never retaliated against the Iranian regime for killing more than thousand of our brave US troops in Iraq.
US failed and weak attitude toward Iran only encouraged the Iranian Islamic terrorist organization to expand their attacks and take over Lebanon government using the Hezbollah, and taking over Gaza and the West Bank using Hamas and Islamic Jihad organizations.
In Iraq, US troops did not destroy the Iranian regime bases of the Mehdi Army that hide thousands of missile inside mosques near Baghdad, waiting for Obama to take the presidency to take over Iraq.
Even the promised sanctions on the Iranian ships that carry gasoline to Iran through the Strait of Hormuz was not implemented, letting Ahmadinajad to rush to the nukes and dirty bombs that will destabilize the entire Middle East.
Don Joe

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Aug 15, 2008
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Why is the Huffington Post shilling for the bush administration. I didn't see even the slightest hint that this so-called military figure could simply be lying to help the bush administration start yet another war. Of course this "officer" would be removed if they don't lie for bush. He was probably ordered to spread such misinformation.
Sure They Are

Beijing, China

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Aug 15, 2008
 

Judged:

3

3

2

Jones wrote:
What a surprise to learn that the evil Iranian radical Islamic regime is continuing to enjoy free pass in using his Islamic terrorist suicide bombers organizations all over the Middle East to murder the enemies of radical Islam.
US State department under Rice failed in its appeasement policy and diplomacy with the rogue and apocalyptic regime of Ahmadinajad as US never retaliated against the Iranian regime for killing more than thousand of our brave US troops in Iraq.
US failed and weak attitude toward Iran only encouraged the Iranian Islamic terrorist organization to expand their attacks and take over Lebanon government using the Hezbollah, and taking over Gaza and the West Bank using Hamas and Islamic Jihad organizations.
In Iraq, US troops did not destroy the Iranian regime bases of the Mehdi Army that hide thousands of missile inside mosques near Baghdad, waiting for Obama to take the presidency to take over Iraq.
Even the promised sanctions on the Iranian ships that carry gasoline to Iran through the Strait of Hormuz was not implemented, letting Ahmadinajad to rush to the nukes and dirty bombs that will destabilize the entire Middle East.
The information/intel coming out of Iraq is nothing but regurgitated Bush-style bullsh** propaganda.

Not that these predictions won't come true only, when (or if) the do, it won't be at the hands of some lunatic Iranian assassin.

If I was Maliki, I'd watch my back. The U.S. has been known to turn particularly during times of bad publicity or when things aren't going as planned. Armed with a renewed rally of the brainwashed masses an Iranian attack would be in order and these brainwashed masses, after witnessing such an act committed by an "Iranian" assassin, they'll approve.

If untrue, why is it that since coming to power, Iraqi leaders have sought ways to come together in peace through meetings with Iranian leaders who have obliged and welcome the idea? If Iran wanted them dead, they don't have to train specialists to get the job done - they could've just killed them then!
Dandridge Dan

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Aug 15, 2008
 

Judged:

3

1

Sounds like another load of crap from our Bone-Smoking Masters.
clone benson

Bryan, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Aug 15, 2008
 

Judged:

3

2

1

all these wars will drain america dry, a sad day for america, sick middle class has destroyed america the beatiful,, and will sell out are childrens futures behind human comprehension

“First take log out of own eye ”

Since: Jan 07

Defender of Islamic Iran

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Aug 15, 2008
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Iran is good friend with Iraq, Iraq has become Iran’s best wheat customer along with many other economic links and projects Iran and Iraq are building power and oil facilities together and relations have not been better. There are many other reasons why Iran Iraq are brothers there are millions of marriages between Iranians and Iraqi’s and they shear the history of man.

Thank you America for removing the criminal Saddam, the people of the M.E can take it from here.

Iran wants America off its borders and to go home, this will only happen when there is peace, Iran knows that and so does America.

It is America that finds excuse to stay on Iran’s border and also threaten from the Gulf and Afghanistan, they like to make excuse to stay making trouble to use as propaganda against Iran.

In who’s interests is trouble in Iraq?
Lance Winslow

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Aug 15, 2008
 
pjam2825 wrote:
Iran is good friend with Iraq, Iraq has become Iran’s best wheat customer along with many other economic links and projects Iran and Iraq are building power and oil facilities together and relations have not been better. There are many other reasons why Iran Iraq are brothers there are millions of marriages between Iranians and Iraqi’s and they shear the history of man.
Thank you America for removing the criminal Saddam, the people of the M.E can take it from here.
Iran wants America off its borders and to go home, this will only happen when there is peace, Iran knows that and so does America.
It is America that finds excuse to stay on Iran’s border and also threaten from the Gulf and Afghanistan, they like to make excuse to stay making trouble to use as propaganda against Iran.
In who’s interests is trouble in Iraq?
Iran can "take it from here" ...got that right.

Since: Oct 07

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Aug 15, 2008
 

Judged:

2

1

1

America has an election in only three months. I'ld bet that these hit squads will attack after Obama is elected, because then it will be worth it for Iran to modify the Iraqi government to its taste. The "elected" Iraqi government is in grave jeopardy from realities on the ground (Iran and its Russian friends).

Actually, it makes me wonder why the oil companies have rushed in to Iraq so quickly.

With this going on, plus issues in Georgia and Poland, it makes me wonder if we are not on the cusp of a very large war.

Since: Oct 07

Tacoma, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Aug 15, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

pjam2825 wrote:
Iran is good friend with Iraq, Iraq has become Iran’s best wheat customer along with many other economic links and projects Iran and Iraq are building power and oil facilities together and relations have not been better. There are many other reasons why Iran Iraq are brothers there are millions of marriages between Iranians and Iraqi’s and they shear the history of man.
Thank you America for removing the criminal Saddam, the people of the M.E can take it from here.
Iran wants America off its borders and to go home, this will only happen when there is peace, Iran knows that and so does America.
It is America that finds excuse to stay on Iran’s border and also threaten from the Gulf and Afghanistan, they like to make excuse to stay making trouble to use as propaganda against Iran.
In who’s interests is trouble in Iraq?
Somehow I think the situation is a bit more complicated than that. Nice to think that all is hunky dory in La La Land, but that is rarely the case in the Middle East.

Did I say rarely? I exaggerated. Never.

“Liberty is Contagious”

Since: May 08

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Aug 15, 2008
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Jones wrote:
Even the promised sanctions on the Iranian ships that carry gasoline to Iran through the Strait of Hormuz was not implemented, letting Ahmadinajad to rush to the nukes and dirty bombs that will destabilize the entire Middle East.
Sanctions that we had no right to implement in the first place. So, the middle east is stable at the moment? Let Iraqi's take care of Iraq. First we went in because they had weapons of mass destruction, then it was related to 911, then Bush announced that Iraq had nothing to do with 911. So why are we there? No weapons of mass destruction, no involvement in 911.

Now all these things about Iran are hitting the news. Sounds like Americans are being prepped for another BS reason to go into Iraq and spend more money that we will have to borrow from China.

“Liberty is Contagious”

Since: May 08

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Aug 15, 2008
 

Judged:

2

1

Typo, last sentence should have been Iran not Iraq.

“First take log out of own eye ”

Since: Jan 07

Defender of Islamic Iran

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Aug 15, 2008
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Sovereignty wrote:
<quoted text>
So why are we there? No weapons of mass destruction, no involvement in 911.
It is easy to see why America is in Iraq, Saddam was pushing for the lifting of sanctions if that had happened then Iraq would have fallen under the influence of the EU, Saddam out of anger would of avoided any contracts with the US as could be seen by his switch to trading in euro dollars.

It’s clear to see why America is still in Iraq and why the Europeans support sanctions on Iran, It is because both America and the EU have lost their influence with in Iraq to the Iranian, Chinese and Russian alliance.

The Maliki government is a friend of Iran, it is Iran that has the natural spear of influence in Iraq just as Iraq has a natural influence on Iran, this is how it has been for thousands of years before the far away America even existed.

If America was about freedom they would allow the people of the M.E to chose their friends on their own, without propping one side up against the will of the people.

Why should Iraqi’s submit to American national interests over their own?

Since: Aug 08

Santa Rosa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Aug 15, 2008
 

Judged:

3

3

2

See ? This is where President Cheney was so incredibly stupid. Besides the fact that the U.S. shouldn't have gone there in the first place, there's no way to win, there. The only possible conclusion is to go home. Otherwise, it's a Viet Nam quagimire all over again, with another handful of dead American soldiers, day after day after day.

C'mon January 20, 2009 !

Since: Mar 08

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Aug 16, 2008
 
I certainly do trust all these sources giving us this information to avoid life without trial or parole in a chain link jail cell in Cuba.

Great source of intel there.

Plus I doubt the premise of the story itself since why are these guys telling us what we already know that these types have hit squads, infiltrators, spies and hit lists?

If they have these things, which they do, it isn't new, it's their business and has been all along.
babooph

Marilag, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Aug 16, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

Nothing like this ever happened when Saddam was in control there!!!Oops -oh not many will read it anyway.

Since: Aug 08

All nice cities in the world

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Aug 16, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

1

If this news was true, then the Bush administration official would not have any problem calling for a press conference and giving the profs to the public.

There are 2 issues with this story,

1- The 'confession' can be coming from people in Iraqi/US prison after extreme torture, which mean they would say anything to please their torturers.

2 - This is a feeler news, sent out to see the reaction of the media to hide the fact that the violent against Iraqi Shia is spreading and there are many suicide bombs each day in Iraq despite the "success" of the surge.

AP is and will always be the mouth piece of the US government, and the way the news is being spread is to create a circle of broadcasting of this news from one source to another to give it legitimacy, it will not surprise me if one Bush administration official use this as the proof of the IRI support of the attacks against Iraqi regime and it's supporters.

This is exactly how they did it before the start of the war in Iraq, and my wife covered it in her book "No Questions Asked : News coverage Since 9/11" http://www.noquestionsasked.org

The same criminal gang are preparing the world for another illegal war.
Krzysztof

Gdansk, Poland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Aug 16, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

I think that Iran is the next country threatened by USA. USA want to undermine Russia, China and Iran. These three countries should create a military pact just like NATO. If they will work military and economicly together they will be power. It cannot be that one country just this USA ruled by genocide and criminals ruin whole countries, threaten to another countries. It must be a counterweight.

“First take log out of own eye ”

Since: Jan 07

Defender of Islamic Iran

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Aug 16, 2008
 

Judged:

1

Krzysztof wrote:
I think that Iran is the next country threatened by USA. USA want to undermine Russia, China and Iran. These three countries should create a military pact just like NATO. If they will work military and economicly together they will be power. It cannot be that one country just this USA ruled by genocide and criminals ruin whole countries, threaten to another countries. It must be a counterweight.
Iran and Russia are bound together by the Caspian Energy Alliance, the many statements made by both Iranian and Russian officials leaves do doubt of Russian actions if Iran is attacked.

Russia and China are aliened though The Shanghai Cooperation Organization of which Iran is an observer.

Russia and China have always protected Iran but America has up until now been able to use the Chinese Olympics to restrict Chinese public support for Iran and Russia has been blackmailed with Georgia, now these two events are soon behind us you will see a much more unified front between these three powers.
b4its2late

Phillipsburg, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Aug 16, 2008
 

Judged:

2

1

1

We can blame Carter for this. Soon as those hostages were taken in 1979 Iran should have been leveled. I still cant believe he did nothing 30 yrs later.
RetiredArmyNCO

Fort Lee, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Aug 16, 2008
 
Farhad Abdolian wrote:
If this news was true, then the Bush administration official would not have any problem calling for a press conference and giving the profs to the public.
There are 2 issues with this story,
1- The 'confession' can be coming from people in Iraqi/US prison after extreme torture, which mean they would say anything to please their torturers.
2 - This is a feeler news, sent out to see the reaction of the media to hide the fact that the violent against Iraqi Shia is spreading and there are many suicide bombs each day in Iraq despite the "success" of the surge.
AP is and will always be the mouth piece of the US government, and the way the news is being spread is to create a circle of broadcasting of this news from one source to another to give it legitimacy, it will not surprise me if one Bush administration official use this as the proof of the IRI support of the attacks against Iraqi regime and it's supporters.
This is exactly how they did it before the start of the war in Iraq, and my wife covered it in her book "No Questions Asked : News coverage Since 9/11" http://www.noquestionsasked.org
The same criminal gang are preparing the world for another illegal war.
Was the first Gulf War illegal too?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Khuzestan, Iran Discussions

Search the Khuzestan, Iran Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Iran Prepares To Execute Political Prisoners As... Jun '14 Stef 1
Iran's Water Crisis Threatens its Future Apr '14 w wman uk 3
Iran Sunni group claims border raid (Oct '13) Oct '13 Timo 1
"61 Executions Since Iranian Elections" (Jul '13) Jul '13 umm 4
Herhold: Why the Starbucks tainted orange juice... (May '13) May '13 korosh 1
Photos: Village Women in Andika, Iran (Apr '13) Apr '13 Peace for all 5
Iran to relocate Ahvaz Airport in 5 years (Feb '13) Feb '13 SHIRO 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••