Harsh Iranian response to Obama's out...

Harsh Iranian response to Obama's outreach offers glimpse into ...

There are 597 comments on the Newsday story from Mar 21, 2009, titled Harsh Iranian response to Obama's outreach offers glimpse into .... In it, Newsday reports that:

The Iranian leader's rebuff on Saturday to President Barack Obama's offer for dialogue was swift and sweeping: Words from Washington ring hollow without deep policy changes.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 30
Next Last

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#643 Apr 21, 2009
Guy Wiliford wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, do some research. You will find that there have been many tombs unearthed with the name Jesus. they all had remains in them.
Not true.
Guy Wiliford

Vinita, OK

#644 Apr 21, 2009
falasha wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true.
Do some research and check out the work of Professor Amos Kloner, Israeli archaeologist and professor at Bar LLan University in Ramet Gan, Israel.

He has documented 71 ancient tombs bearing the name Jesus, and 2 bearing Jesus, son of Joseph.

They all date from around the time Jesus lived and died, and are in the general area where Jesus lived and died. They all had remains in them when they were unearthed.

This doesn't mean Jesus didn't rise from the dead. It just means you have to accept it by faith.

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#645 Apr 22, 2009
Guy Wiliford wrote:
<quoted text>
Do some research and check out the work of Professor Amos Kloner, Israeli archaeologist and professor at Bar LLan University in Ramet Gan, Israel.
He has documented 71 ancient tombs bearing the name Jesus, and 2 bearing Jesus, son of Joseph.
They all date from around the time Jesus lived and died, and are in the general area where Jesus lived and died. They all had remains in them when they were unearthed.
This doesn't mean Jesus didn't rise from the dead. It just means you have to accept it by faith.
Could you provide a link. I have googled but cannot find any information from a credible source.
Guy Wiliford

Vinita, OK

#647 Apr 22, 2009
falasha wrote:
<quoted text>
Could you provide a link. I have googled but cannot find any information from a credible source.
There are many sources available if you google Kmos Kloner but I am not sure what you would consider a credible source.

However, unless you are one of those who absolutely refuses to believe anything from "mainstream media", you can go to www.abc.net.au/science/news/stories/2007/1859...
(Sorry I don't know how to post a link.)

Personally, I consider ABC News to be a credible source.

One thing is for certain, you can find dozens of sources quoting Dr. Kloner speaking of these tombs, and not one where he disputes the validity of these quotes. In other words, if he was being misquoted that much, he surely would speak out. Yet he hasn't.

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#648 Apr 23, 2009
Guy Wiliford wrote:
<quoted text>
There are many sources available if you google Kmos Kloner but I am not sure what you would consider a credible source.
However, unless you are one of those who absolutely refuses to believe anything from "mainstream media", you can go to www.abc.net.au/science/news/stories/2007/1859...
(Sorry I don't know how to post a link.)
Personally, I consider ABC News to be a credible source.
One thing is for certain, you can find dozens of sources quoting Dr. Kloner speaking of these tombs, and not one where he disputes the validity of these quotes. In other words, if he was being misquoted that much, he surely would speak out. Yet he hasn't.
Thanks. I consider ABC News to be credible. But I was looking for something first hand. In other words, from the IAA. I have googled it in many forms but could not find anything definitive. I understand Yeshu was a common name but the grouping of names in the Talpiot tomb could be considered statistically significant.

“I own a mansion & a yacht”

Since: Jul 08

Saint Paul, MN

#649 Apr 23, 2009
Guy Wiliford wrote:
<quoted text>
Do some research and check out the work of Professor Amos Kloner, Israeli archaeologist and professor at Bar LLan University in Ramet Gan, Israel.
He has documented 71 ancient tombs bearing the name Jesus, and 2 bearing Jesus, son of Joseph.
They all date from around the time Jesus lived and died, and are in the general area where Jesus lived and died. They all had remains in them when they were unearthed.
This doesn't mean Jesus didn't rise from the dead. It just means you have to accept it by faith.
I believe Jesus was a fairly common name at the time.
Guy Wiliford

Vinita, OK

#650 Apr 23, 2009
Jugdish wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe Jesus was a fairly common name at the time.
Yes it was. That's my point. This all started when someone posted that you could pinpoint the tomb of Jesus Christ and it was empty, therefore proving that he was resurrected.

I responded that there have many graves uncovered with the name Jesus, and no one knows which, if any of them, is the tomb of Jesus Christ.

Or at least that's what I tried to get across.
merlelynn

Skokie, IL

#651 Apr 23, 2009
Guy Wiliford wrote:
<quoted text>
Do some research and check out the work of Professor Amos Kloner, Israeli archaeologist and professor at Bar LLan University in Ramet Gan, Israel.
He has documented 71 ancient tombs bearing the name Jesus, and 2 bearing Jesus, son of Joseph.
They all date from around the time Jesus lived and died, and are in the general area where Jesus lived and died. They all had remains in them when they were unearthed.
This doesn't mean Jesus didn't rise from the dead. It just means you have to accept it by faith.
It just means that Israel is honest and that there were many named Jesus. Christians are not denied rights in Israel or the U.S. They are just not considered the last word on law.

Iran wants all the world to be Muslim...
merlelynn

Skokie, IL

#652 Apr 23, 2009
Conservative Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
Consider this; Islam is the 2nd most oldest religion in the world. Christianity comes a very distant 4th, but that's not my point. My point is that Muslim countries have been established for thousands of years, whereas ours is only 232 years old (233 this coming 4th of July). Ask any parent if they would listen to their children on how to raise them and then you'll understand that's the proverbial "beef" of many Muslim countries; who's the US to tell them how to live their lives when they've been doing it for 20 times longer than we have?
We're fanatical when it comes to freedom and democracy; they're fanatical when it comes to monarchies and dictatorships. Two fanaticals trying to prove a point!! That's scary!
We tried it in Vietnam; it didn't work. We pulled out and Vietnam has never been a threat to us, and it won't be. Haven't we learned our lesson? Wait, poor comparison; Vietnam only had opium to interest us; the middle east has oil.
Christianity came before Islam.
merlelynn

Skokie, IL

#653 Apr 23, 2009
Obama will see that his way of dealing with Islam and our enemies will mean he's going to have to change our freedoms...and he will stop trying to be friends with those who don't want us to exist. Meanwhile, we know Bush's policies didn't work...we must at least show some new ways.

Obama will not give up America for Islam. He also will support Israel as it is pro-America and not using its holy books as law. He is for fairness to all religions...and Islam is against fairness.

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#655 Apr 23, 2009
Guy Wiliford wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes it was. That's my point. This all started when someone posted that you could pinpoint the tomb of Jesus Christ and it was empty, therefore proving that he was resurrected.
I responded that there have many graves uncovered with the name Jesus, and no one knows which, if any of them, is the tomb of Jesus Christ.
Or at least that's what I tried to get across.
I see.
Mr Cleese

United States

#656 Apr 23, 2009
It seems that Dumbya invaded the wrong I country.
Yeah well

Port Washington, NY

#658 Apr 24, 2009
Yep wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. The real terrorists are in Israel and across the hall from his office.
www.truthtellers.org
Hello, AIPAC...

“America, where are you now?”

Since: Feb 09

Born in Seattle

#659 Apr 24, 2009
Yep wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep. The real terrorists are in Israel and across the hall from his office.
www.truthtellers.org
Go heil yourself.
here we go again

Norfolk, VA

#660 Apr 24, 2009
HOLEEEEEEE Shi-ite! I just read that Iranians are upset because Iranians were killed in the latest Iraq suicide bombings! But, isn't that ok? Didnt they have to be sacrificed because they were in the wrong place? Because JIHAD should come first? HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM i guess not. Excuse me I have to put my water board away....
inku

Saudi Arabia

#661 May 3, 2009
i want to see sex movi and pics

Since: Mar 08

Brookhaven PA

#662 May 3, 2009
well i want to see you muslim savages stop molesting little children and decapitating non-combatants.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 30
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Khorasan, Iran Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Opinion: Iran should stand trial for persecutio... (Oct '14) Oct '16 Ivonka22 3
News Iran Seizes Assyrian Church, Will Turn into - I... (Jan '16) Jan '16 Darious 7
News Iran arrests hotel staff after Saudis pilgrims ... (Jun '15) Jun '15 tom_ 4
News Saudi Arabia summons Iran ambassador after pois... (Jun '15) Jun '15 Elisabetta C 1
News Pakistan International Airlines touches down in... (Mar '14) Jul '14 NITiN 4
News Iran Planning to Attract More Tourists (May '14) May '14 Francesco Sinibaldi 1
News Iran's Khamenei 'uncertain' if Holocaust occured (Mar '14) Mar '14 Dr moris and Dr p... 4
More from around the web