Iran Christians Urge Prayers Amid Massive Arrests

Jan 19, 2011 Full story: www.worthynews.com 10

Iranian Christians requested prayers Sunday, January 16, amid a new wave of arrests of Christian converts, many of them former Muslims ...

Full Story

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#1 Jan 19, 2011
from worthynews:

"Detained Christians have limited telephone contact with relatives, according to MEC investigators. No formal charges were known to have been filed against any of those detained Sunday, January 16.

"Those arrested reportedly include also some from traditional Christian backgrounds, including ethnic Armenian Pastor Leonard Keshishian of the Assemblies of God church in Isfahan who was detained on December 31, Christians said.

"The Governor General of Tehran Province, Morteza Tamadon, said in a statement this month that several evangelical Christians had been arrested. He referred to their 'corrupting' influence and warned that further arrests were imminent."

No compulsion in religion?
3434xxw5t5

Piscataway, NJ

#2 Jan 19, 2011
Joe DeCaro wrote:
from worthynews:
"Detained Christians have limited telephone contact with relatives, according to MEC investigators. No formal charges were known to have been filed against any of those detained Sunday, January 16.
"Those arrested reportedly include also some from traditional Christian backgrounds, including ethnic Armenian Pastor Leonard Keshishian of the Assemblies of God church in Isfahan who was detained on December 31, Christians said.
"The Governor General of Tehran Province, Morteza Tamadon, said in a statement this month that several evangelical Christians had been arrested. He referred to their 'corrupting' influence and warned that further arrests were imminent."
No compulsion in religion?
This sounds like what Christians are doing to muslims at Gitmo?
Quiet_Dave

Tucson, AZ

#4 Jan 20, 2011
3434xxw5t5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Only the jihadi at GITMO were involved in attacking and killing others, not merely worshiping peacefully in private; and, despite the propaganda, they are not tortured or abused.
Sam

Bristol, UK

#5 Jan 20, 2011
3434xxw5t5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Regardless of how Muslims are being or have been treated in Guantanamo, it's not an excuse or justification to mistreat others.
Sam

Bristol, UK

#6 Jan 20, 2011
Quiet_Dave wrote:
<quoted text>
Only the jihadi at GITMO were involved in attacking and killing others, not merely worshiping peacefully in private; and, despite the propaganda, they are not tortured or abused.
Once again it's of no real surprise to hear or read the rhetoric that it's only Jihadist's that are being held at Guantanamo. There are reports that children under the age of 13 have been held at the camp, how would you class all the folk that have been flown back to their home countries without charge (maybe innocent), if they guilty why release them without charge. The whole world knows that Guantanamo is illegal, it goes against human right protocols which were established by the UN.

“... truth will out.”

Since: May 08

Stratford, Connecticut.

#7 Jan 20, 2011
Sam wrote:
... The whole world knows that Guantanamo is illegal, it goes against human right protocols which were established by the UN.
Apparently the UN didn't establish any protocols for Iran's Christian captives.
Haleem

Quispamsis, Canada

#8 Jan 20, 2011
Killing Christians and Jews are preached by their so called prophet Mohamed. The fun part is Muslim countries, which get dole free beggar money from Christian America-example: Pakistan,Egypt,and Syria.
Muslims want to curb any Muslim changing his religion by killing him , and at the same time declare "ISLAM IS THE FASTEST GROWING RELIGION IN THE WORLD". I t is just like a boxer, who declares him self the world's greatest boxer, but bands any other boxer challenging and fighting him.
Sam

Bristol, UK

#9 Jan 20, 2011
Joe DeCaro wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently the UN didn't establish any protocols for Iran's Christian captives.
Whether they did or not is not all to relevant to my original post, however if Christians are being unfairly treated, then obviously that's wrong.

Funny how you didn't reply to my post on the other topic.
Quiet_Dave

Tucson, AZ

#10 Jan 21, 2011
Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again it's of no real surprise to hear or read the rhetoric that it's only Jihadist's that are being held at Guantanamo. There are reports that children under the age of 13 have been held at the camp, how would you class all the folk that have been flown back to their home countries without charge (maybe innocent), if they guilty why release them without charge. The whole world knows that Guantanamo is illegal, it goes against human right protocols which were established by the UN.
Those reports of children at GITMO are among the propagandists' lies. There were two young men under 18, one accused and tried for killing the medic called to attend to his battlefield injuries with a grenade; and another whose age wasn't determined until well after his capture and who was separated and released as soon as possible from the general population. Yes, many were released uncharged, but a lot hinged on determining whether they were dangerous or not. There were no real protocols for illegal combatants established prior to the GWOT, and they are being developed as we learn to deal with un-uniformed terrorists. Personally, I believe enemy combatants, legal or not, should be held until the end of hostilities, just as in any other war.

“My hand is over my crotch.”

Since: Jan 10

It's time to put it to use

#11 Jan 22, 2011
Another crusade is necessary!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Khorasan, Iran Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pakistan International Airlines touches down in... (Mar '14) Jul '14 NITiN 4
Iran Planning to Attract More Tourists May '14 Francesco Sinibaldi 1
Iran's Khamenei 'uncertain' if Holocaust occured (Mar '14) Mar '14 Dr moris and Dr p... 4
Iran Cleric Calls Rushdie Fatwa 'Golden Page' F... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Onelawforall 2
U.S. targets key Iran-based Al-Qaeda facilitator (Feb '14) Feb '14 Pheonix121 2
Iran: 19 executions in one week, including (Jan '14) Jan '14 Gary 1
jews from iran please I have question (Oct '13) Oct '13 No-Doubt 1
•••

Khorasan, Iran People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••