Azerbaijanis Blame Iran For Flooding

May 11, 2010 Full story: Weekday Magazine - Azerbaijan 99

Some Azerbaijani politicians have blamed Iran for manipulating reservoirs near their common border and contributing to the flooding of villages in southeastern Azerbaijan, RFE/RL's Azerbaijani Service reports.

Full Story

“Get started, Go ahead!!”

Since: Oct 09

Doha, Qatar

#61 Jun 24, 2010
RC Cola wrote:
<quoted text>
No, the Holy Bible was not written by Armenians but Armenians ARE the FIRST country to adopt Christianity as a national religion in 301 A.D. First churches in Artsakh were also built starting in the 2nd and 3rd centuries.
Catholic Pope John-Paul II visited Armenia in 2001 to celebrate the 1700 years of Christianity in Armenia!
Like I said, you can't distort history. Those lands are ours!
I am not saying that , you are not christian or not coverted to christianity , I am not interested in it at all!!!

What I am saying is being an ancient nation or country not giving you a right to eliminate other nations in the region by putting a territorial claims on them..

Karabakh is a Turkish name, that says everything and I don't give a shit to whether it belonged to you or other nation 1000 years ago or not , what matters for me is last 1000 years , it has been belonging to me , that's all!!.
ami

Winter Park, FL

#62 Jun 24, 2010
persian wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you batshit insane or stupid? I want it separated from Iran.
I would like to be lot of things but i see what realties are. first of all who the fu$$ do you thing you are that you think your thought count to anything. I am Azzari myself and proud of being Iranian.
RC Cola

Switzerland

#63 Jun 24, 2010
Uzun Hasan wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not saying that , you are not christian or not coverted to christianity , I am not interested in it at all!!!
What I am saying is being an ancient nation or country not giving you a right to eliminate other nations in the region by putting a territorial claims on them..
Karabakh is a Turkish name, that says everything and I don't give a shit to whether it belonged to you or other nation 1000 years ago or not , what matters for me is last 1000 years , it has been belonging to me , that's all!!.
Armenia being an ancient nation/culture gives every right to claim these historic lands, especially lands where Armenians are a majority today. In Artsakh's case, it's more than justified! And no, that region's historic name is Armenian and it's ARTSAKH, even on ancient maps! Look it up! Karabakh was used for only the past few centuries by turkic invaders.

1. Azeris attacked Armenian civilians starting in 1988
2. We could not let another genocide by turkic people happen in Artsakh
3. Armenians were the majority in the already autonomous oblast within USSR
4. Those are historic Armenian lands with dozens of churches with Armenian writing
5. The right for self-determination is NATURAL for Artsakh since historically Armenian and majority population today.
6. Artsakh was illegally given to az-ssr by stalin!
7. Even Gorbachev said that he was about to reattach Artsakh to Armenia right before the fall of the ussr.
8. Armenians won the war started by azeris and signed in 1994 a document accepting defeat
9. Armenians have given up enough to turks, the world knows we deserve those historic Armenian lands.
10. LONG LIVE THE GREAT ARMENIAN CIVILIZATION :)

“Get started, Go ahead!!”

Since: Oct 09

Doha, Qatar

#64 Jun 24, 2010
RC Cola wrote:
<quoted text>
Armenia being an ancient nation/culture gives every right to claim these historic lands, especially lands where Armenians are a majority today. In Artsakh's case, it's more than justified! And no, that region's historic name is Armenian and it's ARTSAKH, even on ancient maps! Look it up! Karabakh was used for only the past few centuries by turkic invaders.
1. Azeris attacked Armenian civilians starting in 1988
2. We could not let another genocide by turkic people happen in Artsakh
3. Armenians were the majority in the already autonomous oblast within USSR
4. Those are historic Armenian lands with dozens of churches with Armenian writing
5. The right for self-determination is NATURAL for Artsakh since historically Armenian and majority population today.
6. Artsakh was illegally given to az-ssr by stalin!
7. Even Gorbachev said that he was about to reattach Artsakh to Armenia right before the fall of the ussr.
8. Armenians won the war started by azeris and signed in 1994 a document accepting defeat
9. Armenians have given up enough to turks, the world knows we deserve those historic Armenian lands.
10. LONG LIVE THE GREAT ARMENIAN CIVILIZATION :)
was the point # 10 fact or your wish?..LOL
RC Cola

Switzerland

#65 Jun 25, 2010
haha, no, no, point 10 is a REALITY CHECK!

Show me another ancient Christian civilization surrounded by hostile Muslims that survived for so long!

“Get started, Go ahead!!”

Since: Oct 09

Doha, Qatar

#66 Jun 25, 2010
RC Cola wrote:
haha, no, no, point 10 is a REALITY CHECK!
Show me another ancient Christian civilization surrounded by hostile Muslims that survived for so long!
first , your point about religion(muslims tried to destruct christians ) is not a right, second even though , you are wrong , what about georgians?
RC Cola

Wynigen, Switzerland

#67 Jun 26, 2010
Uzun Hasan wrote:
<quoted text>
first , your point about religion(muslims tried to destruct christians ) is not a right, second even though , you are wrong , what about georgians?
Georgians have Russians to the north and no conflicts with turks...for now...but Georgians were idiot for spoiling their relation with Russia. Georgia is not as surrounded as Armenia by muslims. Armenia is the front line to the muslim world.

Ottoman Turks called a jihad in 1915 against ALL Christians not just Armenians, after turks lost the balkan war in 1913! There were Pontians, Assyrians and many other Christians in Anatolia and AZ. 4 million Christians in total...

Tell me, what happened to all the Christians in AZ...all the Albanians? They were a majority in AZ and now 2% left!

Starting from Oghuz Turks, the turkic policy was "pressure conversion", which is also a form of destruction of cultures (you are probably one of those converts to Islam and turkification)

“Get started, Go ahead!!”

Since: Oct 09

Doha, Qatar

#68 Jun 26, 2010
RC Cola wrote:
<quoted text>
Georgians have Russians to the north and no conflicts with turks...for now...but Georgians were idiot for spoiling their relation with Russia. Georgia is not as surrounded as Armenia by muslims. Armenia is the front line to the muslim world.
Ottoman Turks called a jihad in 1915 against ALL Christians not just Armenians, after turks lost the balkan war in 1913! There were Pontians, Assyrians and many other Christians in Anatolia and AZ. 4 million Christians in total...
Tell me, what happened to all the Christians in AZ...all the Albanians? They were a majority in AZ and now 2% left!
Starting from Oghuz Turks, the turkic policy was "pressure conversion", which is also a form of destruction of cultures (you are probably one of those converts to Islam and turkification)
There were 26 tribes living in Albania till 9th century, amongst them , some of them were caucasian tribes , some were turkic..Since the arrival of Oghuz Turks in the region , the smaller caucasian tribes been assimilated into Turkic tribes where the biggest tribes such as Udin, Lezgin, Avars kept their national identity and still living in Azerbaijan , in their homeland.

It is a different question when you speak about their religion, most of them were already converted to Islam since Arabs invasion of the region. So , Turks have not changed the religion of those caucasian tribes , because, when Oghuzs arrived in region , they , themselves have not been muslims yet !!

I am a Oghuz Turk and always been , I was not Turkified..
RC Cola

Wynigen, Switzerland

#69 Jun 28, 2010
Uzun Hasan wrote:
<quoted text>
There were 26 tribes living in Albania till 9th century, amongst them , some of them were caucasian tribes , some were turkic..Since the arrival of Oghuz Turks in the region , the smaller caucasian tribes been assimilated into Turkic tribes where the biggest tribes such as Udin, Lezgin, Avars kept their national identity and still living in Azerbaijan , in their homeland.
It is a different question when you speak about their religion, most of them were already converted to Islam since Arabs invasion of the region. So , Turks have not changed the religion of those caucasian tribes , because, when Oghuzs arrived in region , they , themselves have not been muslims yet !!
I am a Oghuz Turk and always been , I was not Turkified..
I am aware of the different "tribes" that compose today's fake AZ.

Unlike you, Armenians didn't give in, not even to Arab invasions! We always kept our culture and religion, prefering death rather than change. The few Armenians that converted were cowards anyway!

The surviving Armenians of today are like lions and don't have weak genes. We survived genocides as well. That is why AZ can't beat us. Darwin would say "Armenian survivors are superior due to natural selection".

On the other hand, AZ shows a weak personality from the start! Why did your population give in to islam??? Plus, AZ is not united today with some ethnic groups not even feeling azeri due to racism among each other.

“Get started, Go ahead!!”

Since: Oct 09

Doha, Qatar

#70 Jun 28, 2010
RC Cola wrote:
<quoted text>
I am aware of the different "tribes" that compose today's fake AZ.
Unlike you, Armenians didn't give in, not even to Arab invasions! We always kept our culture and religion, prefering death rather than change. The few Armenians that converted were cowards anyway!
The surviving Armenians of today are like lions and don't have weak genes. We survived genocides as well. That is why AZ can't beat us. Darwin would say "Armenian survivors are superior due to natural selection".
On the other hand, AZ shows a weak personality from the start! Why did your population give in to islam??? Plus, AZ is not united today with some ethnic groups not even feeling azeri due to racism among each other.
There is no racism in Azerbaijan, all nations living in Azerbaijan can confirm it , if you happen to ask them . If there was a racism in Azerbaijan , then our country would be monoethnic country as Armenia.

All the nations who have been living in Azerbaijan for centuries still living there , except Armenians due to known reasons. But , in Armenia , the situation is different!!

The "secret of your victory" in Karabakh war was not because of your nation is unbeatable nation, but , the supporter who used to help you by all the means starting with triggering internal problems within Azerbaijan till direct involvement.

Anyway, you are right, only results left in the history, and the result says , you won the I Karabakh battle ,no matter how you gained that victory..
RC Cola

Wynigen, Switzerland

#71 Jun 28, 2010
Uzun Hasan wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no racism in Azerbaijan, all nations living in Azerbaijan can confirm it , if you happen to ask them . If there was a racism in Azerbaijan , then our country would be monoethnic country as Armenia.
All the nations who have been living in Azerbaijan for centuries still living there , except Armenians due to known reasons. But , in Armenia , the situation is different!!
The "secret of your victory" in Karabakh war was not because of your nation is unbeatable nation, but , the supporter who used to help you by all the means starting with triggering internal problems within Azerbaijan till direct involvement.
Anyway, you are right, only results left in the history, and the result says , you won the I Karabakh battle ,no matter how you gained that victory..
Armenia is not monoethnic by choice! It's just the way it is due to the geographical situation..but we even have russians, jews, greeks, kurds, etc. Many new immigrants and students are arriving since 1995. We welcome diversity.

We had thousands of azeris also living there peacefully with armenians until 1987, despite the genocide.

As for azeris, you are even very racist among each other. Like the beatings of other ethnic groups even within your army.

As for the secret of our victory in NK, it was a matter of survival, we had no choice but win! We hate war! All we want is live free in our ancestors lands, period!

Just accept the situation and I'm sure we can be friends again.

Since: Jan 08

New York, NY

#73 Jun 28, 2010
I blame China & Russia.

“Get started, Go ahead!!”

Since: Oct 09

Doha, Qatar

#74 Jun 28, 2010
RC Cola wrote:
<quoted text>
Armenia is not monoethnic by choice! It's just the way it is due to the geographical situation..but we even have russians, jews, greeks, kurds, etc. Many new immigrants and students are arriving since 1995. We welcome diversity.
We had thousands of azeris also living there peacefully with armenians until 1987, despite the genocide.
As for azeris, you are even very racist among each other. Like the beatings of other ethnic groups even within your army.
As for the secret of our victory in NK, it was a matter of survival, we had no choice but win! We hate war! All we want is live free in our ancestors lands, period!
Just accept the situation and I'm sure we can be friends again.
You say : "Just accept the situation and I'm sure we can be friends again."
That's why , I am saying , Minsk has nothing more to offer, We are not going to accept the lose of Karabakh and you are not agree on Karabakh's status under Azerbaijan..

What else left? the core of the conflict is about Karabakh and both sides are having the same opinion as 22 years ago, so nothing changed.

The only way to settle this problem is the war..
RC Cola

Switzerland

#76 Jun 29, 2010
Uzun Hasan wrote:
<quoted text>
You say : "Just accept the situation and I'm sure we can be friends again."
That's why , I am saying , Minsk has nothing more to offer, We are not going to accept the lose of Karabakh and you are not agree on Karabakh's status under Azerbaijan..
What else left? the core of the conflict is about Karabakh and both sides are having the same opinion as 22 years ago, so nothing changed.
The only way to settle this problem is the war..
You Azeris started the first war because you denied the natural freedom of Armenians after the fall of the USSR (and let's not forget the illegal stalin drawn borders of NK, still autonomous but given illegally to azssr).

The world sided with Armenia (only 35 out of 200 countries voted against Armenia in the latest AZ U.N. res.)

Because YOU STARTED and most today believe in self-determination of the REAL local people.

Start a new war and world opinion will once again side with civilians of Artsakh!

Plus, if you lose more lands, Armenia will not be condemned since you are savages and we would need to enlarge the buffer zones.

Go right ahead attack! I dare you ;)
Fair Dinkum

Engadine, Australia

#77 Jun 30, 2010
Uzun Hasan wrote:
<quoted text>
You say : "Just accept the situation and I'm sure we can be friends again."
That's why , I am saying , Minsk has nothing more to offer, We are not going to accept the lose of Karabakh and you are not agree on Karabakh's status under Azerbaijan..
What else left? the core of the conflict is about Karabakh and both sides are having the same opinion as 22 years ago, so nothing changed.
The only way to settle this problem is the war..
We haven't finished the job yet. You are still holding Armenian lands around NKR, including Shahumian. You microbes start another war and you'll see what happens.

“Get started, Go ahead!!”

Since: Oct 09

Doha, Qatar

#78 Jun 30, 2010
Fair Dinkum wrote:
<quoted text>
We haven't finished the job yet. You are still holding Armenian lands around NKR, including Shahumian. You microbes start another war and you'll see what happens.
I know , what will happen, for every each Azeri soldier 4 Armenian will be killed and 4 will be wounded..
Fair Dinkum

Engadine, Australia

#80 Jul 1, 2010
Uzun Hasan wrote:
<quoted text>
I know , what will happen, for every each Azeri soldier 4 Armenian will be killed and 4 will be wounded..
Wishful thinking. You will be running faster than the deer and the rabbits.

“Get started, Go ahead!!”

Since: Oct 09

Doha, Qatar

#81 Jul 1, 2010
Fair Dinkum wrote:
<quoted text>
Wishful thinking. You will be running faster than the deer and the rabbits.
then , why you kept crying after 18th of june?
Bazunga

Vevey, Switzerland

#82 Jul 2, 2010
Uzun Hasan wrote:
<quoted text>
I know , what will happen, for every each Azeri soldier 4 Armenian will be killed and 4 will be wounded..
Why are you so filled with hatred??

All we did is defend ourselves! Talking like you do will not get you anywhere!

“Get started, Go ahead!!”

Since: Oct 09

Doha, Qatar

#83 Jul 2, 2010
Bazunga wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are you so filled with hatred??
All we did is defend ourselves! Talking like you do will not get you anywhere!
all you did was to kill , oppress Azeris and illegaly occupy the neigbours territory

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Khorasan, Iran Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Opinion: Iran should stand trial for persecutio... Oct '14 henry 1
Pakistan International Airlines touches down in... (Mar '14) Jul '14 NITiN 4
Iran Planning to Attract More Tourists (May '14) May '14 Francesco Sinibaldi 1
Iran's Khamenei 'uncertain' if Holocaust occured (Mar '14) Mar '14 Dr moris and Dr p... 4
Iran Cleric Calls Rushdie Fatwa 'Golden Page' F... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Onelawforall 2
U.S. targets key Iran-based Al-Qaeda facilitator (Feb '14) Feb '14 Pheonix121 2
Iran: 19 executions in one week, including (Jan '14) Jan '14 Gary 1
More from around the web

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:36 pm PST