Iranian Kickboxer Gives Basij The Boot

Iranian Kickboxer Gives Basij The Boot

There are 10 comments on the Weekday Magazine story from Aug 11, 2011, titled Iranian Kickboxer Gives Basij The Boot. In it, Weekday Magazine reports that:

News / From Our Bureaus Iranian kick boxer Ahmad Fouladizadeh Iranian martial arts expert Ahmad Fouladizadeh says he has left the country rather than agree to train Basij volunteer paramilitaries and plainclothes police how to neutralize participants in street protests, RFE/RL's Radio Farda reports.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Weekday Magazine.

Leon

Chatham, UK

#1 Aug 11, 2011
Well done Ahmad Fouladizadeh. The Basij are violent enough already. They have enough ways to crush the spirit of the people.
Bob

Chatham, UK

#2 Aug 12, 2011
"I'm an athlete…I cannot betray my own people," he said.
A truly great Iranian. He cares about his own people. If only the vicious government could show such care.
kam

Neutral Bay, Australia

#3 Aug 12, 2011
What a load of crap, so who in Iran train him??
Oh no now Iran can't keep rioters in check, this is his ticket out an idiots buy it,
He could have stayed in Iran and not trained anyone.
Leon

Chatham, UK

#4 Aug 12, 2011
kam wrote:
What a load of crap, so who in Iran train him??
Oh no now Iran can't keep rioters in check, this is his ticket out an idiots buy it,
He could have stayed in Iran and not trained anyone.
Yes he could have stayed in Iran - but who wants to stay in the hell hole, Evin Prison. The Iranian system punishes innocent people who don't do as they're told. Basij have enough ways to inflict pain on the good people!
ami

Palm Coast, FL

#5 Aug 12, 2011
Leon wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes he could have stayed in Iran - but who wants to stay in the hell hole, Evin Prison. The Iranian system punishes innocent people who don't do as they're told. Basij have enough ways to inflict pain on the good people!
It seems you know alot about the system of punishment first hand or you just reiterating the things you read. He had arterial motives. it takes a long time for anyone in Iran to get a visa and leave , he must have been pre-planning this for a long time, that is the BS he delivered to the host country to get an asylum and probably they were fully aware of his scheme anyway and for sake of negative publicity against Iran, visa was granted to him , as demonizing Iran is a win win situation for the zionists
Leon

Chatham, UK

#6 Aug 13, 2011
My wife is Iranian. I know first hand about the 'difficulties' of the Iranian system. The oppression and suppression of women and girls; the violent reaction towards all who dare to speak up for freedom; Neda and Zahra; the distortion of Islam; the corruption from within. Ahmad is an Iranian who has shown in his actions that he will not be used to further suppress the people.
ami wrote:
<quoted text>
It seems you know alot about the system of punishment first hand or you just reiterating the things you read. He had arterial motives. it takes a long time for anyone in Iran to get a visa and leave , he must have been pre-planning this for a long time, that is the BS he delivered to the host country to get an asylum and probably they were fully aware of his scheme anyway and for sake of negative publicity against Iran, visa was granted to him , as demonizing Iran is a win win situation for the zionists
ami

Palm Coast, FL

#7 Aug 13, 2011
@leon, I had heard the same thing till I had a chance to visit there 2 years ago around election time and i saw first hand how wrong i was and how the US and the brits tried to destabilize election in Iran that is another subject all together but you brought up the Neda and you are wrong on that one big time too as I was personally in demonstration and the police had a chance to kill many if they wanted and why should only single pick and kill Neda makes no sense , you better do some research on that one and do not believe in your crook zionist ruppert murdock and his stooge BBC news. things are not perfect and not all is well anywhere mainly for young women basically with hejab restrictions and i think it is stupid law as i see no point in that since all these ladies fully expose their hair anyway only cover a portion on top with a tiny head scarf and their excessive make up wear makes you vomit, honestly makes them look like whores, things you rarely see women do in west and however, that doesn’t sit well with morality police. other than that there is different freedom than here and i have lived in US for 35 years and if you referring to Iran political system being not democratic i see no difference than the system in here at least they are working for their constitute and not working for big corporations and elite bankers or like your crook MPs .i saw thriving happy society like here, for sure is not north Korea and certainly not a police stae like UK with camera watching you in your own bathroom!
Leon

Chatham, UK

#8 Aug 13, 2011
Thank you for putting your points of view so succinctly. Many I 'debate' with on here just resort to swearing and immature name calling.
I am basing my opinions on what I have seen and heard from my relatives.
Regarding the election.....firstly the result was announced well before there had been time to count all the votes. Secondly, opposition supporters have been threatened, and suppressed. Mr. Mousavi and his family have suffered and for what ?..just being the voice of the opposition!
The Neda shooting was purported to have been committed by 'members of the security' who over reacted to opposition unhappiness at their perception of an unfair election result. I know for a fact that some people (including a family member) who merely support a more free and fair system of government, have been dragged off the street, beaten and in some cases murdered. This is a fact not heresay.
The impact on women in Iran is a disgrace ....no freedom to dress in a (suitable) manner of their choice; they receive a lesser share of parental inheritance compared to male family members; they are in many cases treated like skivvies, serving the men who expect their women folk to wait on them. I have seen this it is a fact. In law courts the word of a man has greater standing than the word of a woman ....I could go on but I know you are aware of such inequalities.
UK, a police state ...haha. Did you see the weak performance of the police when the riots took hold. In some cases they watched the looting. Ahmadinejad is the world expert on utilising the security forces to ensure that he maintains his grip on power.
Yes there are 'democratic' difficulties in the west ...but right at the heart of democracy is freedom to choose your religion, and the way you live your life (within the law) and freedom to elect the government that the majority supports. Democracy in Iran is light years behind that of the west.
ami wrote:
@leon, I had heard the same thing till I had a chance to visit there 2 years ago around election time and i saw first hand how wrong i was and how the US and the brits tried to destabilize election in Iran that is another subject all together but you brought up the Neda and you are wrong on that one big time too as I was personally in demonstration and the police had a chance to kill many if they wanted and why should only single pick and kill Neda makes no sense , you better do some research on that one and do not believe in your crook zionist ruppert murdock and his stooge BBC news. things are not perfect and not all is well anywhere mainly for young women basically with hejab restrictions and i think it is stupid law as i see no point in that since all these ladies fully expose their hair anyway only cover a portion on top with a tiny head scarf and their excessive make up wear makes you vomit, honestly makes them look like whores, things you rarely see women do in west and however, that doesn’t sit well with morality police. other than that there is different freedom than here and i have lived in US for 35 years and if you referring to Iran political system being not democratic i see no difference than the system in here at least they are working for their constitute and not working for big corporations and elite bankers or like your crook MPs .i saw thriving happy society like here, for sure is not north Korea and certainly not a police stae like UK with camera watching you in your own bathroom!
Leon

Chatham, UK

#9 Nov 10, 2011
ami wrote:
things are not perfect and not all is well anywhere mainly for young women basically with hejab restrictions and i think it is stupid law as i see no point in that since all these ladies fully expose their hair anyway only cover a portion on top with a tiny head scarf and their excessive make up wear makes you vomit, honestly makes them look like whores, things you rarely see women do in west and however, that doesn’t sit well with morality police.
I disagree with you that Iranian women look like whores because they (in your opinion) wear excessive make up.
women can wear as much or as little make up as they like. personal choice is at the heart of democracy and freedom.
Whilst women are criticised by men like yourself for how they look there will be little chance of true freedom in Iran.
Leon

Chatham, UK

#10 Nov 21, 2011
ami wrote:
how the US and the brits tried to destabilize election in Iran that is another subject all together !
So what did you see that suggested UK and USA were trying to destabilise the election?
ami wrote:
but you brought up the Neda and you are wrong on that one big time too as I was personally in demonstration and the police had a chance to kill many if they wanted and why should only single pick and kill Neda makes no sense !
some of my wife's relatives were in that demonstration too. They are normal people who dont go in for trouble; they are not politiical; they are just ready for change like so many others. They have reported much violence exerted on the demonstrators by the security thugs.
More than one shot was fired at denonstrators. Security dont need to kill many to take control - Neda's death was the catalyst for the end of the demo - the Iranian people know that the government are capable of a shooting spree and rivers of blood. You will have seen heavy handed security yourself as you were there.
ami wrote:
if you referring to Iran political system being not democratic i see no difference than the system in here at least they are working for their constitute and not working for big corporations and elite bankers or like your crook MPs!
It is amazing that you see no differences between irans and usa's political system. Heres a couple:
1. In Iran the opposition is harassed, abused, violently attacked and arrested for no reason; not so in USA.
2. In Iran there is no equality, women are shackled under a barrage of repressive laws that makes them 2nd class citizens; not so in US where equality is the aim.
ami wrote:
i saw thriving happy society like here, for sure is not north Korea and certainly not a police stae like UK with camera watching you in your own bathroom!
That is not the message I get from my in laws. yes within the home happiness can reign; but unfair and corrupt politics and the lack of freedom are huge burdens for the people.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hormozgan, Iran Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Science Shock: Electromagnetic fields from mobi... (Jan '16) Jun '16 Johan 2
News European churches say growing flock of Muslim r... Jun '16 Andrew 3
News Iran Seizes Assyrian Church, Will Turn into - I... (Jan '16) Jan '16 Darious 7
News At a Berlin church, Muslim refugees converting ... (Sep '15) Sep '15 PATRIOT_TEXAN 4
News At a Berlin church, Muslim refugees converting ... (Sep '15) Sep '15 Muslims are liars 2
News Iran: Two Christians Recalled to Jail (Aug '15) Aug '15 Mez 1
News Iranian teachers begin strike to protest wages,... (Jan '15) Aug '15 Mez 2
More from around the web