Iran Says Baha'i University Illegal

Iran Says Baha'i University Illegal

There are 44 comments on the Payvand News of Iran story from Jun 5, 2011, titled Iran Says Baha'i University Illegal. In it, Payvand News of Iran reports that:

The Baha'i Institute of Higher Education in Iran has been declared an "illegal" organization by the Ministry of Science and Technology.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Payvand News of Iran.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Leon

Newbury, UK

#1 Jun 5, 2011
Freedom sinks deeper into the oblivion of modern Iran.

“Pardon my nosiness ”

Since: May 07

London, England

#2 Jun 5, 2011
Leon wrote:
Freedom sinks deeper into the oblivion of modern Iran.
There has never been freedom in theocratic Iran for the Baha'i religion, because the ruling mullah's consider them to be heretics.
I'm surprised that they're still practising their religion in Iran, since I thought that to be a Baha'i was considered a capital crime.

Maybe young honest Neon could enlighten us?

Here's a bit of freedom busting news from Iran that you probably won't read about:
The Iranian government has refused to issue marriage licenses to Iranian women wanting to marry Afghani men, even though Afghanis are Muslim.
This new ruling is definitely anti-Islamic - of course it has nothing to do with religion and everything to do with racism.
Iranians look down on Afghanis as being less educated and even illiterate, plus they have thousands of refugees from Afghanistan that they hope will return one day.
neon

Fremont, CA

#3 Jun 6, 2011
reza june wrote:
<quoted text>
There has never been freedom in theocratic Iran for the Baha'i religion, because the ruling mullah's consider them to be heretics.
I'm surprised that they're still practising their religion in Iran, since I thought that to be a Baha'i was considered a capital crime.
No messenger of God after Muhammad.
JimBob

Canada

#4 Jun 6, 2011
In 2004 the gravesite of Quddus, a prominent figure in early Baha’i history was leveled by the wicked Iranian regime.
The government also destroyed another holy site, the house of Mirza Abbas Nuri, the father of Baha’u’llah.
Bahá'ís in many different localities in Iran are still subjected to arbitrary arrest, short-term detention, and persistent harassment, intimidation and discrimination even execution.
Cruelty is the corrupt Iran regime specialty.

“Pardon my nosiness ”

London, England

#5 Jun 6, 2011
neon wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep! The Bab and many others after him claim to be the Mahdi or 'hidden one' even Ahmadinejad regularly visits with his followers the well that, supposedly, the 12th Imam disappeared into.
Some people now think that the president of Iran can resurrect the last Imam.
The Baha'is are an elitist group more into making money and fame than for any religious purpose.
neon

Fremont, CA

#6 Jun 6, 2011
reza june wrote:
<quoted text>
Some people now think that the president of Iran can resurrect the last Imam.
I don't care about rumors.

“Pardon my nosiness ”

London, England

#7 Jun 6, 2011
"The Shah of Iran, often seen as a secular modernizer, allowed mobs to attack Bahais, a sect seen as heretics by conservative Shia."

http://www.ufppc.org/us-a-world-news-mainmenu...
Leon

Newbury, UK

#8 Jun 6, 2011
neon wrote:
<quoted text>
If that is your belief, good for you.
If someone else does not believe that, so what its up to them.

“Pardon my nosiness ”

London, England

#9 Jun 6, 2011
JimBob wrote:
In 2004 the gravesite of Quddus, a prominent figure in early Baha’i history was leveled by the wicked Iranian regime.
The government also destroyed another holy site, the house of Mirza Abbas Nuri, the father of Baha’u’llah.
Bahá'ís in many different localities in Iran are still subjected to arbitrary arrest, short-term detention, and persistent harassment, intimidation and discrimination even execution.
Cruelty is the corrupt Iran regime specialty.
Just as corrupt and cruel as the Shah's regime, my wife's uncle was executed under the last Shah's regime.
SHIRO

Brooklyn, NY

#10 Jun 6, 2011
There are nothing new in Bahaisim ,Jama el Din Afghani has more to write about reform in Islam then Bahullah .Ayatollah Taleqani has even more critical views of religion establishment .Still I say to Ali khamene E :LEAVE BAHAIES ALONE ,DO NOT HARRAS THEM.
SHIRO

Brooklyn, NY

#11 Jun 6, 2011
I forgot :Doctor Ali Sherati has more critical views of religion then Bahualla, ALISHIR ( SHIRO) has alot more reform in mind then all of the above, and he is not an ayatollah,not even an akhund ,may be a Mulla

“Pardon my nosiness ”

London, England

#12 Jun 6, 2011
SHIRO wrote:
There are nothing new in Bahaisim ,Jama el Din Afghani has more to write about reform in Islam then Bahullah .Ayatollah Taleqani has even more critical views of religion establishment .Still I say to Ali khamene E :LEAVE BAHAIES ALONE ,DO NOT HARRAS THEM.
"The Shah of Iran, often seen as a secular modernizer, allowed mobs to attack Bahais, a sect seen as heretics by conservative Shia."

So you see the Ayatollah Ali Khamenei wasn't the only one to harass
the Bahai's.
SHIRO

Brooklyn, NY

#13 Jun 6, 2011
That is it .We must abondon Islam ,I change my mind.Izlam pain in the neck >Bahaies full of you know what.All semitics prophets specially the Jewish ones were bunch of sex maniacs ,charlatan,not to mention been bachah baz .
I change my religion ,I think I should become a Mazdaqi , and Kill every body else.Tamam shoud raft ,final.
Persian

Toronto, Canada

#14 Jun 6, 2011
Religions belong to Mighty God! Nothing happens without God's Permission!
When we are going to understand that all Prophets and self- claimed prophets were just human being who came to teach us about one true God and Morality in life! People worship Jesus, Mohammad, his Grand children even the religious leaders, which is wrong!
So leave Bahai alone! They are very good people! They are ver educated! And the most important thing is, they love IRAN!
It's not for you to judge people as far as their religion goes! If Mighty God wants only one religion, one race, one nation, then that would be it! Since it's not, may be God wants to teach us about TOLERANCE!
ALISHIR

Brooklyn, NY

#15 Jun 6, 2011
In Islam i. e kuran religion conflict is for forbidden categorically , but Abu Bakiir and Othman ,Omer shit all over Kuran ,They introduce Islamofascism,or Islamo totalitarianism, Ali Khamenei follow Kaylif Omer method and interpretation of Kuran . The Kuran state avoid argument for every party is happy with what they got Omer said no ,and he devastated Persia and Byzantia , Islm says LA EKRAHE FEL DIN ,meaning that they shall be no coersion in religion Omer Ali khameneh uses all his coersive power to promote his OMERI brand of religion
neon

Anonymous Proxy

#16 Jun 6, 2011
Leon wrote:
<quoted text>
If that is your belief, good for you.
If someone else does not believe that, so what its up to them.
Baha'ism is different from Judaism,christianity or Zoroastrianism.
If we accept it,it means we don't believe in our beliefs.
"There is no prophet after Muhammad".
neon

Anonymous Proxy

#17 Jun 6, 2011
SHIRO wrote:
I forgot :Doctor Ali Sherati has more critical views of religion then Bahualla, ALISHIR ( SHIRO) has alot more reform in mind then all of the above, and he is not an ayatollah,not even an akhund ,may be a Mulla
what a ridiculous compare between Dr. Ali Shariati and Bahuallah.
neon

Anonymous Proxy

#18 Jun 6, 2011
reza june wrote:
<quoted text>
Just as corrupt and cruel as the Shah's regime, my wife's uncle was executed under the last Shah's regime.
First you have to say what was his crime.
SHIRO

Brooklyn, NY

#19 Jun 6, 2011
Iran has changed ,people in Iran ,specially Western parts speak Holy of Zerdusht , Bahaisim is Islam de Javu .we will know what we want when OmerAli Khaminei is out .For now people have found that Islam is a Bad religion , but it is good for bad people ,Bad people become powerful and rich under Islam...Look at those sick looking Arabs and Turks , do we have anything in comon with them?
SHIRO

Brooklyn, NY

#20 Jun 7, 2011
neon wrote:
<quoted text>
what a ridiculous compare between Dr. Ali Shariati and Bahuallah.
Haji Agha , I am not comparing ,I am telling you that there are thinkers ,reformers , searches and researches in Islamics school always. Bahaies is just one out of many .
As a child I frequentlly asked my mother : who created God ,I still do..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Hormozgan, Iran Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Science Shock: Electromagnetic fields from mobi... (Jan '16) Jun '16 Johan 2
News European churches say growing flock of Muslim r... Jun '16 Andrew 3
News Iran Seizes Assyrian Church, Will Turn into - I... (Jan '16) Jan '16 Darious 7
News At a Berlin church, Muslim refugees converting ... (Sep '15) Sep '15 PATRIOT_TEXAN 4
News At a Berlin church, Muslim refugees converting ... (Sep '15) Sep '15 Muslims are liars 2
News Iran: Two Christians Recalled to Jail (Aug '15) Aug '15 Mez 1
News Iranian teachers begin strike to protest wages,... (Jan '15) Aug '15 Mez 2
More from around the web