Pastor sentenced to death in Iran freed

Sep 8, 2012 Full story: Click Orlando 9

A Christian pastor sentenced to death in Iran for apostasy was reunited with his family Saturday after a trial court acquitted him, said a nonprofit group monitoring the case.

Full Story

Since: Apr 12

Martinez, CA

#1 Sep 9, 2012
Great news! But 3 years in jail for this is still unjustified...

"He was arrested in 2009 after he lodged a protest with local education officials after learning his child was being forced to read from the Quran, the Muslim holy book, in school.

He was charged with apostasy and convicted in a provincial court -- which sentenced him to death."
Pike Bishop

Limassol, Cyprus

#2 Sep 9, 2012
The Quran is as holy as Hitler's Mein Kampf.

Martinez, CA

#3 Sep 9, 2012
chinese version from my church's email broadcast...

http://bit.ly/U3rU8w

I know you don't read chinese... but just to show how the community is happy for the release.
Jinn Martini

Sweden

#4 Sep 9, 2012
It would have been better if they had stoned him to death.
One pedophile less ...
BMW

Santee, CA

#5 Sep 9, 2012
Jinn Martini wrote:
One pedophile less ...
Why don't you go and jump from a bridge. One fool less!

Martinez, CA

#6 Sep 9, 2012
Rusty Tin Can wrote:
chinese version from my church's email broadcast...
http://bit.ly/U3rU8w
I know you don't read chinese... but just to show how the community is happy for the release.
Lol! Out of curiosity, I tried Google-Translate of the article (chinese to english). Here's how Google-Translate went wrong from the 1st paragraph:

"...this pastor was forced to become a devout Christian and a model."

the chinese text actually says:

"...this persecuted pastor has become a model for devout christians."
BMW

San Diego, CA

#7 Sep 10, 2012
Jinn Martini wrote:
One pedophile less ...
Forgive the harsh words of my previous post Jinn.
But i am a pedophile too, so i obviously feel the fears that pastor must have been through.

Jesus loves you.
Karol

Kraków, Poland

#8 Sep 10, 2012
It is well that they have released this man. it was not criminal. Itmeans that these Persian leaders are merciful and good people.
Iranians, who are apparently innocent, honest and good people. And if they need convertion to Christianity-they should know legalized Christian religions like Catholicor Orthodox Christianity.
By the way Jesus Christ came to sinners and not to people, who are morally o'k'/ And it would be better if criminals ( hard, disgusting sinners )from Usa, Britain, Issrael and some another countries like Saudi arabia, Turkey would know Holy Bible of Jesus Christ. Christ came to change sinners and not these people, who are good, poor, innocent. They can and should read New Testament, but clearly that they are close to God in their lives.
pushstart

Thunder Bay, Canada

#9 Sep 10, 2012
Anyone not like the pure Iranians if had a chance will be shot on site by the Iranian government. That is there way! Being a white anglo-saxon christian is death by sentence in Iran if you speak up about it! Some country! and it's flawed society and religious cult! What a joke!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Gilan, Iran Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Iran Flogs Christians for Taking Communion Wine (Nov '13) Nov '13 warner 7
Christians to get 80 lashes for drinking commun... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Etienne 3
Rand Paul Demands America Help American Pastor ... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Pav 3
Iranian Presidential hopeful Qalibaf vows to re... (May '13) May '13 Sam 2
Christian pastor Nadarkhani freed from jail in ... (Jan '13) Feb '13 Winston 2
Eric Metaxas calls for release of American citi... (Feb '13) Feb '13 SHIRO 1
Iran Arrests and Imprisons Pastor on Christmas Day (Dec '12) Dec '12 SHIRO 1
More from around the web

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:29 am PST