Iran Says Baha'i University Illegal

Iran Says Baha'i University Illegal

There are 44 comments on the Payvand News of Iran story from Jun 5, 2011, titled Iran Says Baha'i University Illegal. In it, Payvand News of Iran reports that:

The Baha'i Institute of Higher Education in Iran has been declared an "illegal" organization by the Ministry of Science and Technology.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Payvand News of Iran.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“Pardon my nosiness ”

Since: May 07

London, England

#42 Jun 12, 2011
Leon wrote:
<quoted text>
There are references to Jesus as the son of God in the Bible.
The word 'son' has different interpretations.
It can be said that we are all 'Gods children' so we are all 'sons' and 'daughters' in that sense.
I digress to note that many Iranian men love to ask (usually untouchable) women to be their 'sister'. A cynic would say that is an opportunistic attempt to keep in touch with a beautiful woman who more often than not has shunned the advances of that man!
My own daughter has noted this practice.
Indeed I have seen some 'sisters' treat their new 'brothers' terribly and vice versa!
in the presence of my wife I was encouraged to ask her friend to be my sister.
The bro sis relationship lasted until she stole from my family. Some sister!!!
Happy families!
I agree Leon, and I'd like to add to that bro/sis reference.
It's also used a lot in the non-Muslim African American community, probably as an unifying term within that culture, but at the same time they call their women ho's (whores).
This brother/sister BS probably started in the Catholic Church centuries ago when celibacy was the rule of the day. Soo when a randy monk glanced over at the Rev. Mother, bending over picking turnips, he immediately realised that he was thinking incestuous thoughts and rushed over to his confessor for absolution for his unnatural desires, but not until he had described in minute detail every nuance of his fantasy with the Rev. Mother.

My Iranian wife tells me that the custom of calling another woman 'Sister'(only since the Revolution) doesn't mean that you accept her into your family, it's just a way of addressing a stranger in the street if you don't know her name.
Do you have any connections with Iranians Leon?

“Pardon my nosiness ”

London, England

#43 Jun 12, 2011
Feli wrote:
<quoted text>
Naturally but we are children of God. The whole universe or universes belong to God and all possible living creatures including us, good angels and even satan are children of God. But it does not mean that we are Gods. We must be obey to God´s rules to return to Him after our deaths and to make this world and our lives just like lives of our brothers and sisters all over the world possible to live. It cannot be like till now.
But it does not mean that we are Gods.
Where did Leon say that?
Leon

Newbury, UK

#44 Jun 12, 2011
The teachings of Jesus are inspirational and are essential in creating the faith that Christians hold. But not all His teachings are compatible with all religions. But yes, more understanding that people can follow any religion they like without fear of persecution and religious freedom should be an essential part of a country's constitution.(it appears to be only a problem for those countries where there is severe oppression of the people in all walks of life. Maybe they are afraid that their 'people' are weak in their beliefs and will quickly flee to the other side!)
Feli wrote:
<quoted text>
Naturally that Jesus Christ was the God the same, who came to this world to show the way of life, to show what should people do to come back to God and to sacrify His life for the whole human kind. And naturally that Jesus has said that people should believe in God and in Him. It means that people do not need to throw own reigions out, but they should confront teaching of Jesus with own religions.

“Pardon my nosiness ”

London, England

#45 Jun 12, 2011
Feli wrote:
<quoted text>
But why? Afghans are just like Iranians, the same race and the same root of people practically and Afghans are very pretty men.
Well they are Caucasian, and they do speak a dialect of Farsi since having once been part of the Persian empire, but having said that we also know that they are a historically and culturally different.

The reason for the cultural racism (i can't think of any other name for it) is a matter of job demographics, Iran is under great pressure to provide work for it's young population so a couple million foreign refugees entering into the Iranian job market isn't exactly welcomed no matter how pretty they are.

Imagine if two million Austrians came over into Germany looking for work and citizenship?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Esfahan, Iran Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Iran Entezam crowned Iran's best film photograp... (May '15) May '15 ari 1
News Omar Khayyam: Persian Mathematician, Astronomer... (May '15) May '15 hpcaban 2
News Iran to hold its first UAV military exercises (Apr '14) Apr '14 Kanai 1
News Iranian women present in every facet of life: d... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Tom Bola 2
adoption from Esfahan orphanage (Sep '13) Sep '13 ton van grinsven 1
News New head of Iran's National Gas Company appointed (Sep '13) Sep '13 Irani 1
We can help you to clean out you black Dollar Aug '13 Southrand Laboratory 0
More from around the web