Iranian women present in every facet ...

Iranian women present in every facet of life: diplomat

There are 2 comments on the Tehran Times story from Nov 6, 2013, titled Iranian women present in every facet of life: diplomat. In it, Tehran Times reports that:

The Pakistani Embassy in Tehran held a function to commemorate the occasion of Kashmir Black Day, which marked the 66th anniversary of the Indian occupation of part of Jammu and Kashmir.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Tehran Times.

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1 Nov 9, 2013
Yes this was my perception of Iran when I visited there last, and at that time it was the height of the Iraq/Iran war.
I could go anywhere at any time of the day or night and not feel afraid - the laws of physical abuse against any person are strictly enforced with dire consequences. I also travelled by public transport and several cities throughout the country never fearing for my life, and I'm a white Englishman who sticks out in a country like Iran, but I was treated kindly and with respect.
If I could get another visa to visit I'd be back there in a flash - a truly beautiful country indeed!
Tom Bola

London, UK

#2 Nov 12, 2013
Iran is indeed a beautiful country with many wonderful citizens however, I disagree with parts of Mr. Siddiqui's perception of Iran.
For example,women can not always safely travel alone unless they are in a taxi or keep to well populated and well lit areas at night. Most husbands, brothers and fathers would not allow their women-folk to travel alone.
It is not 'completely false' that women are suppressed in Iran. It is also not true that the 'law is equal for everyone'. For example, women do not enjoy the same status as men. A man's word is worth more than that of a woman in a court of law.There is a lack of equality of opportunity here.
Some people may say that the maintaining of law and order is in part due to the brutality of the police. Mr. Siddiqui has given a lovely view of Iran but he has failed to see the whole picture.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Esfahan, Iran Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Iran Entezam crowned Iran's best film photograp... May '15 ari 1
News Omar Khayyam: Persian Mathematician, Astronomer... May '15 hpcaban 2
News Iran to hold its first UAV military exercises (Apr '14) Apr '14 Kanai 1
adoption from Esfahan orphanage (Sep '13) Sep '13 ton van grinsven 1
News New head of Iran's National Gas Company appointed (Sep '13) Sep '13 Irani 1
We can help you to clean out you black Dollar Aug '13 Southrand Laboratory 0
is iran to the middle east what japan is to eas... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Ssnyder1171 1
More from around the web