Iraqi al-Qaeda and Syria militants announce merger

Apr 9, 2013 Full story: USA Today 32

Rebels from al-Qaeda affiliated Jabhat al-Nusra, wave their brigade flag as they step on the top of a Syrian air force helicopter, at Taftanaz air base in Jan.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Kurd Killer

United States

#21 Apr 9, 2013
We Turks know how to keep under the radar. Stretch your war out to ten years and not just two and nobody'll be the wiser.
truth always beats lIes23

Covington, VA

#22 Apr 9, 2013
So basically this article is saying the CIA and mossad are going to be fighting openly with their terrorist proxie forces??? As most of the world knows alqueda was created and is funded to this day by the american government and israel.
Syrian

Waterford, CT

#23 Apr 10, 2013
Falcon wrote:
All that these backers have done through their meddling has created stronger bonds between extremest terrorists, which believe me will have greater consequences for the future. This planet is becoming smaller not because of advancements but rather because of threats and dangers that are being bred. Countries are not becoming poorer because of depleting resources, but because of elitists engineering economical collapses and wars...
Excellent point!
Syrian

Waterford, CT

#24 Apr 10, 2013
Jeff Brightone wrote:
Just another success of Obama in pushing forward the Mozlem Brother terrorists of al Qaida in Syria similar to the expansion of al Qaida over Northern Africa countries including Egypt, Tunisia and Libya. US embassy in Benghazi before the 9-11-13 attack that killed Ambassador Stevens now said to be involved in providing arms to the Syrian opposition and the al Qaida terrorists from Iraq that have connections with the Syrian terrorists as well as the Libyan al Qaida that were involved in removing Gaddafi from power and killing him with the support of NATO air strikes. Why it is interest of the American people to provide arms to the al Qaida terrorists from Iraq that are now united with the Syrian terrorists?
Good question!
Syrian

Waterford, CT

#25 Apr 10, 2013
ocxz wrote:
<quoted text>
That's US foreign policy for you.
Always war, destabilisation of countries, provoked regime change...
Been going on for decades.
So true!
Carlos

New York, NY

#26 Apr 24, 2013
ASSAD supported TONS of terrorists long before there was a civil war.

It's cool to hate on your own government when the economy's going bad, I get that. But let's not get too delusional here. Any friend of Iran is no friend of the West.
Oliver Cromwell

Accrington, UK

#27 Apr 24, 2013
George wrote:
I heard tell that Assad is carpet bombing with napalm, white phosphorus and all kinds of FDA approved chemicals now.
Where did you hear that,Clown? don't tell me Fox News,CNN,or the Jerusalem post? i feel a WMD scare story coming on.
Oliver Cromwell

Accrington, UK

#28 Apr 24, 2013
George wrote:
I heard tell that Assad is carpet bombing with napalm, white phosphorus and all kinds of FDA approved chemicals now.
Sorry mate i didn't realize you were being ironic,for a second i thought you were the other George,you know the stupid one North of the border.
mxlplx

United States

#29 Apr 24, 2013
I do a pretty good impersonation, eh?
Syrian

New London, CT

#30 Apr 24, 2013
mxlplx wrote:
I do a pretty good impersonation, eh?
LOL!!!
DENG

Nanjing, China

#33 Apr 29, 2013
RUMOR IS OBAMA GAVE ALQAEDA 2 BILLION DOLLARS TO ATTACK LIBYA IN 2011.
Syrian

New London, CT

#34 Apr 30, 2013
DENG wrote:
RUMOR IS OBAMA GAVE ALQAEDA 2 BILLION DOLLARS TO ATTACK LIBYA IN 2011.
Interesting!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baghdad, Iraq Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'The War Is Not Over' (Sep '06) 4 hr John_Schuylkill C... 276,689
The Skies Above Iraq Are Getting Deadly Thanks ... Dec 18 kuda 21
U.K. probe nets Iraqi, Jordanian doctors (Jul '07) Dec 16 Amazing Dan 2
Islamic State beheads 4 Christian kids for not ... Dec 16 undertaker A9 15
Higher prices, shortages create pressure for IS Dec 13 Stephany McDowell 1
Minister: Turkey starts to buy Iraqi oil Dec 12 USA Today 3
ISIS militants behead 4 Christian kids who won'... Dec 12 USA Today 2
More from around the web

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:35 pm PST