the Roving Eye : Assad talks, Russia walks

Full story: Asia Times 14
THE ROVING EYE Assad talks, Russia walks By Pepe Escobar So Bashar al-Assad has spoken - exclusively , to Argentine daily El Clarin . Full Story
Syrian

New London, CT

#1 May 20, 2013
Excellent Article!! Finally the truth is beginning to come out in the media.
Syrian

Waterford, CT

#2 May 23, 2013
The Russians mean business!
John Kerry

United States

#3 May 23, 2013
"a ragged collection of warlords, gangsters and opportunists of every possible brand, intersecting with hardcore jihadis of the Jabhat al-Nusra kind (but also other al-Qaeda-linked or inspired outfits)."

Oh, my. What have I gotten myself into?
Syrian

Waterford, CT

#4 May 23, 2013
John Kerry wrote:
"a ragged collection of warlords, gangsters and opportunists of every possible brand, intersecting with hardcore jihadis of the Jabhat al-Nusra kind (but also other al-Qaeda-linked or inspired outfits)."
Oh, my. What have I gotten myself into?
LOL!!!
hmphh

United States

#5 May 23, 2013
Syrian wrote:
The Russians mean business!
That's true. They're really actually quite fed up with this amateurish interventionist mindset roaming our halls of congress. We should thank them for bringing us to our senses.

As Mike Holmes' dad used to tell him: "If you don't know what you're doing on the job, leave and find something you're actually good at, for everybody's sake."
BOB

Needham, MA

#6 May 23, 2013
what ever happened to a good old fashion civil war?assad is going to end up in a pile of pig slop where he belongs anyway.
Syrian

New London, CT

#7 May 24, 2013
hmphh wrote:
<quoted text>
That's true. They're really actually quite fed up with this amateurish interventionist mindset roaming our halls of congress. We should thank them for bringing us to our senses.
As Mike Holmes' dad used to tell him: "If you don't know what you're doing on the job, leave and find something you're actually good at, for everybody's sake."
That's because there are a bunch of clueless fools in Congress! They are more interested in fighting pointless wars 10,000 miles away, than in helping their fellow Americans who have been decimated by the recent economic downturn. There already have been over 7,000 young American lives lost, and over a Trillion US taxpayer dollars wasted, in those idiotic wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, with little to show for it.
mxlplx

United States

#8 May 24, 2013
Actually, I retract the 'amateurish' part. There are elements in our government that are actually quite proficient and devious.

These talks may be going the way of Rambouillet, which was a sham devised by Madeleine Albright and her cohorts and designed to fail from the onset.

The Russians are very aware of this occasion and will be digging in their heels on this one.

I quote the BBC here for effect. There are far more critical analyses of this sham in the media:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/682877.stm

Sunday, 19 March, 2000, 12:37 GMT
Rambouillet talks 'designed to fail'
mxlplx

United States

#9 May 24, 2013
And of course, Shambouillet was designed 'on its face' to halt a civil war that claimed in the final count less than 5000 casualties (amidst western claims of 100,000+), so you can imagine what 'certain elements' in Washington are willing to do in this case.
Syrian

New London, CT

#10 May 24, 2013
mxlplx wrote:
Actually, I retract the 'amateurish' part. There are elements in our government that are actually quite proficient and devious.
These talks may be going the way of Rambouillet, which was a sham devised by Madeleine Albright and her cohorts and designed to fail from the onset.
The Russians are very aware of this occasion and will be digging in their heels on this one.
I quote the BBC here for effect. There are far more critical analyses of this sham in the media:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/682877.stm
Sunday, 19 March, 2000, 12:37 GMT
Rambouillet talks 'designed to fail'
Interesting!!
mxlplx

United States

#11 May 24, 2013
Here's the 'rebel in the streets' answer to a now deposed rebel leader who dared even consider negotiations to stop the killing.

Asi, an activist who works at a makeshift hospital in Qusayr, a Syrian town where clashes are raging between government forces and rebels, wrote on his Facebook page:“This pathetic nobody Moaz, the dangerous, is calling for Assad to leave. You donkey, you’re going to be tried before Assad, God willing.”(The word for “dangerous” in Arabic is similar to Sheik Khatib’s surname.)

These talks are going nowhere.
Syrian

New London, CT

#12 May 24, 2013
mxlplx wrote:
Here's the 'rebel in the streets' answer to a now deposed rebel leader who dared even consider negotiations to stop the killing.
Asi, an activist who works at a makeshift hospital in Qusayr, a Syrian town where clashes are raging between government forces and rebels, wrote on his Facebook page:“This pathetic nobody Moaz, the dangerous, is calling for Assad to leave. You donkey, you’re going to be tried before Assad, God willing.”(The word for “dangerous” in Arabic is similar to Sheik Khatib’s surname.)
These talks are going nowhere.
LOL!!
rtloder

Australia

#13 May 25, 2013
mxlplx wrote:
Actually, I retract the 'amateurish' part. There are elements in our government that are actually quite proficient and devious.
These talks may be going the way of Rambouillet, which was a sham devised by Madeleine Albright and her cohorts and designed to fail from the onset.
The Russians are very aware of this occasion and will be digging in their heels on this one.
I quote the BBC here for effect. There are far more critical analyses of this sham in the media:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/682877.stm
Sunday, 19 March, 2000, 12:37 GMT
Rambouillet talks 'designed to fail'
Good effect.
Rambouillet's talks are not re-creatable
No the world was unipolar then.
The earth was in the great frozen ice age.
The centre of the poles.
Thanks to the life of our dear Brother Leader the earth is now set on its proper axis.
Back in 2000 The Russian people were ordered by God to relinquish the parasites of the "pericardium".
It was opportunity lost for the cognition of civilization.
But the preoccupation was evident regardless of that.
It is no longer so.
China was obsessing about economic advancement.
No longer the case *-* the consumer led recovery has gone out the window.
So thank you Maummar Gadaffi we are bipolar again.
And now the progressive movement "don't got" the bogey man of communism to worry about.
And the US have been lumbered with queers.


Syrian

New London, CT

#14 May 25, 2013
rtloder wrote:
<quoted text>
Good effect.
Rambouillet's talks are not re-creatable
No the world was unipolar then.
The earth was in the great frozen ice age.
The centre of the poles.
Thanks to the life of our dear Brother Leader the earth is now set on its proper axis.
Back in 2000 The Russian people were ordered by God to relinquish the parasites of the "pericardium".
It was opportunity lost for the cognition of civilization.
But the preoccupation was evident regardless of that.
It is no longer so.
China was obsessing about economic advancement.
No longer the case *-* the consumer led recovery has gone out the window.
So thank you Maummar Gadaffi we are bipolar again.
And now the progressive movement "don't got" the bogey man of communism to worry about.
And the US have been lumbered with queers.
LOL!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baghdad, Iraq Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'The War Is Not Over' (Sep '06) 1 hr spocko 276,525
We Don't Need No Stinking Strategy 4 hr Thinking 68
U.S. hits ISIS position near Baghdad innew phas... 15 hr Garry Ackerman 2
Mideast complexities confound US coalition effort 18 hr SirPrize 7
First U.S. Airstrikes in Expanded Iraq Fight Tue mjjcpa 2
How ISIS is growing, and the fight to stop it Mon Tanoja 6
WRAPUP 2-Iran supreme leader spurns U.S. overtu... Mon Cat74 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Baghdad, Iraq People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••