'The War Is Not Over'

WASHINGTON - President Bush led the nation on Monday in marking the fifth anniversary of the Sept. Full Story
ABs

Aiken, SC

#287073 Mar 26, 2013
I guess my comrade and friend MUQ is tied up engineering at the royal commission headquarters in Yanbu Industrial City. Lots of projects and foreign workers making lots of money in the KSA...I hope he is well and hurry back comrade...I still have unanswered questions of islam...
Sandy

Champion, MI

#287074 Mar 26, 2013
Sandy

Champion, MI

#287075 Mar 26, 2013
ABs wrote:
<quoted text>
EASY there ol boy! The only person here focused on Dick is frankie, the rest of us believe that marraige is a union of man and woman...
I bet you're loving the supreme court today.....ha ha ha! America, where everyone gets treated equally. Thanks Obama.https://petitions.whiteh ouse.gov/ Send him a thank-you letter.:)
ABs

Aiken, SC

#287076 Mar 27, 2013
Sandy wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet you're loving the supreme court today.....ha ha ha! America, where everyone gets treated equally. Thanks Obama.https://petitions.whiteh ouse.gov/ Send him a thank-you letter.:)
THANKS OBUMBLE...
Despite the 6.5% stock market rally over the last three months, a handful of billionaires are quietly dumping their American stocks ... and fast.
Warren Buffett, who has been a cheerleader for U.S. stocks for quite some time, is dumping shares at an alarming rate. He recently complained of “disappointing performance” in dyed-in-the-wool American companies like Johnson & Johnson, Procter & Gamble, and Kraft Foods.
In the latest filing for Buffett’s holding company Berkshire Hathaway, Buffett has been drastically reducing his exposure to stocks that depend on consumer purchasing habits. Berkshire sold roughly 19 million shares of Johnson & Johnson, and reduced his overall stake in “consumer product stocks” by 21%. Berkshire Hathaway also sold its entire stake in California-based computer parts supplier Intel.
With 70% of the U.S. economy dependent on consumer spending, Buffett’s apparent lack of faith in these companies’ future prospects is worrisome.
Unfortunately Buffett isn’t alone.
Fellow billionaire John Paulson, who made a fortune betting on the subprime mortgage meltdown, is clearing out of U.S. stocks too. Finally, billionaire George Soros recently sold nearly all of his bank stocks, including shares of JPMorgan Chase, Citigroup, and Goldman Sachs. Between the three banks, Soros sold more than a million shares.
So why are these billionaires dumping their shares of U.S. companies?
After all, the stock market is still in the midst of its historic rally. Real estate prices have finally leveled off, and for the first time in five years are actually rising in many locations. And the unemployment rate seems to have stabilized.
It’s very likely that these professional investors are aware of specific research that points toward a massive market correction, as much as 90%.
One such person publishing this research is Robert Wiedemer, an esteemed economist and author of the New York Times best-selling book Aftershock.
“Once you hit 10% inflation, 10-year Treasury bonds lose about half their value. And by 20%, any value is all but gone. Interest rates will increase dramatically at this point, and that will cause real estate values to collapse. And the stock market will collapse as a consequence of these other problems.”
And this is where Wiedemer explains why Buffett, Paulson, and Soros could be dumping U.S. stocks:
“Companies will be spending more money on borrowing costs than business expansion costs. That means lower profit margins, lower dividends, and less hiring. Plus, more layoffs.”
No investors, let alone billionaires, will want to own stocks with falling profit margins and shrinking dividends. So if that’s why Buffett, Paulson, and Soros are dumping stocks, they have decided to cash out early and leave Main Street investors holding the bag.
Spocko

Oakland, CA

#287077 Mar 27, 2013
ABs wrote:
<quoted text>
THANKS OBUMBLE...
Despite the 6.5% stock market rally over the last three months, a handful of billionaires are quietly dumping their American stocks ... and fast.
Warren Buffett, who has been a cheerleader for U.S. stocks for quite some time, is dumping shares at an alarming rate. He recently complained of “disappointing performance” in dyed-in-the-wool American companies like Johnson & Johnson, Procter & Gamble, and Kraft Foods.
In the latest filing for Buffett’s holding company Berkshire Hathaway, Buffett has been drastically reducing his exposure to stocks that depend on consumer purchasing habits. Berkshire sold roughly 19 million shares of Johnson & Johnson, and reduced his overall stake in “consumer product stocks” by 21%. Berkshire Hathaway also sold its entire stake in California-based computer parts supplier Intel.
With 70% of the U.S. economy dependent on consumer spending, Buffett’s apparent lack of faith in these companies’ future prospects is worrisome.
Unfortunately Buffett isn’t alone.
Fellow billionaire John Paulson, who made a fortune betting on the subprime mortgage meltdown, is clearing out of U.S. stocks too. Finally, billionaire George Soros recently sold nearly all of his bank stocks, including shares of JPMorgan Chase, Citigroup, and Goldman Sachs. Between the three banks, Soros sold more than a million shares.
So why are these billionaires dumping their shares of U.S. companies?
After all, the stock market is still in the midst of its historic rally. Real estate prices have finally leveled off, and for the first time in five years are actually rising in many locations. And the unemployment rate seems to have stabilized.
It’s very likely that these professional investors are aware of specific research that points toward a massive market correction, as much as 90%.
One such person publishing this research is Robert Wiedemer, an esteemed economist and author of the New York Times best-selling book Aftershock.
“Once you hit 10% inflation, 10-year Treasury bonds lose about half their value. And by 20%, any value is all but gone. Interest rates will increase dramatically at this point, and that will cause real estate values to collapse. And the stock market will collapse as a consequence of these other problems.”
And this is where Wiedemer explains why Buffett, Paulson, and Soros could be dumping U.S. stocks:
“Companies will be spending more money on borrowing costs than business expansion costs. That means lower profit margins, lower dividends, and less hiring. Plus, more layoffs.”
No investors, let alone billionaires, will want to own stocks with falling profit margins and shrinking dividends. So if that’s why Buffett, Paulson, and Soros are dumping stocks, they have decided to cash out early and leave Main Street investors holding the bag.
The exact opposite is happening Warren Buffet just bought HJ Heinz for 23 Billion
Quote: "You're seeing a shrinking world and an equilibrium of wealth creation, this kind of activity is only going to accelerate over the next years."
ABs

Aiken, SC

#287078 Mar 28, 2013
Spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
The exact opposite is happening Warren Buffet just bought HJ Heinz for 23 Billion
Quote: "You're seeing a shrinking world and an equilibrium of wealth creation, this kind of activity is only going to accelerate over the next years."
Always the comedian you are Francis...
Next you will tell us that buying Heinz by teaming up with a BRAZILIAN PRIVATE EQUITY FIRM has what bearing on his aggressive dumping of stocks in US companies?

Speaking of your mother, here's another joke for you...

Subject: Fw: An Observation on an Age Old Question - really - which would you rather???

I mowed the lawn today, and after doing so I sat down and had a cold beer.
The day was really quite beautiful, and the drink facilitated some deep thinking on various topics.
Finally I thought about an age old question:

Is giving birth more painful than getting kicked in the nuts?
Women always maintain that giving birth is way more painful than a guy getting kicked in the nuts.
Well, after another beer, and some heavy deductive thinking, I have come up with the answer to that question.

Getting kicked in the nuts is more painful than having a baby; and here is the reason for my conclusion.
A year or so after giving birth, a woman will often say, "It might be nice to have another child."

On the other hand, you never hear a guy say, "You know, I think I would like another kick in the nuts."

I rest my case. Time for another beer.
ABs

Aiken, SC

#287079 Mar 28, 2013
Sandy wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no issue with fags marrying...have at it...the fun is going to really begin when straight friends start pretending they are gay so that they qualify for the benefits of married couple tax rates and benefits. What affect do you see that on the national debt picture? Here's a nickel, buy a clue...
Spocko

Oakland, CA

#287080 Mar 28, 2013
ABs wrote:
<quoted text>
Next you will tell us that buying Heinz by teaming up with a BRAZILIAN PRIVATE EQUITY FIRM has what bearing on his aggressive dumping of stocks in US companies?
The one constant we know for a FACT is that brain-dead Obama haters will always be in a constant state of confusion.
Spocko

Oakland, CA

#287081 Mar 28, 2013
ABs wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of your mother, here's another joke for you...
Subject: Fw: An Observation on an Age Old Question - really - which would you rather???
I mowed the lawn today, and after doing so I sat down and had a cold beer.
The day was really quite beautiful, and the drink facilitated some deep thinking on various topics.
Finally I thought about an age old question:
Is giving birth more painful than getting kicked in the nuts?
Women always maintain that giving birth is way more painful than a guy getting kicked in the nuts.
Well, after another beer, and some heavy deductive thinking, I have come up with the answer to that question.
Getting kicked in the nuts is more painful than having a baby; and here is the reason for my conclusion.
A year or so after giving birth, a woman will often say, "It might be nice to have another child."
On the other hand, you never hear a guy say, "You know, I think I would like another kick in the nuts."
I rest my case. Time for another beer.
If only you could tear yourself away from your Church of FAUX News – you’d be a better person for it! Buffet is buying not dumping – yemoron!
Warren Buffet on CNBC’s “Squawk Box” last week, Quote:“We are buying stocks now, we're buying them not because we think they're going to go up in the immediate future, but because we're getting excellent value”
Spocko

Oakland, CA

#287082 Mar 28, 2013
ABs wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no issue with fags marrying...have at it...the fun is going to really begin when straight friends start pretending they are gay so that they qualify for the benefits of married couple tax rates and benefits. What affect do you see that on the national debt picture? Here's a nickel, buy a clue...
The case against same sex marriage:

• Leviticus 18:22, Deuteronomy 23:17, Romans 1:26

• Could further weaken traditional American values like prejudice, intolerance, and hatred

• Nation could be running out of citizens to make second-class

• It could prevent the erosion of the ever so perfect and totally flawless American family
ABs

Snellville, GA

#287083 Mar 28, 2013
Spocko wrote:
<quoted text>
The case against same sex marriage:
• Leviticus 18:22, Deuteronomy 23:17, Romans 1:26
• Could further weaken traditional American values like prejudice, intolerance, and hatred
• Nation could be running out of citizens to make second-class
• It could prevent the erosion of the ever so perfect and totally flawless American family
Couldn't havesaid it better myself, thanks francis...nice to see you visit reality on occassion.....now hurry back to the Rache Madcow show now showing on queers and steers tv...
ABs

Snellville, GA

#287085 Mar 28, 2013
News you won't see or hear on IRNA or the KSA Enquirer....

The highly strategic intersection of the Syrian, Israeli and Jordan borders, just east of the Golan, was captured by the Al Musanna Brigade of al Qaeda’s Syrian arm, Jabhat al-Nusra on March 25, sources report. This put the jihadists directly opposite 14 Israeli southern Golan villages and at a distance of 5-6 kilometers from one of Israel’s earliest kibbutzim, Ein Gev, on the shores of the Sea of Galilee. Military sources report that this sensitive area fell to al Qaeda in a fierce battle waged with the Syrian army’s 5th Division in the village of Sham Al-Jawla. Control of this village has opened the way for the jihadists to reach the Syrian Golan sector from the south and for direct access to the Syrian-Israeli-Jordanian borders. On a second front, al Qaeda fighters have seized control of Wadi ar-Ruqqad, a 70-kilometer long waterway which forms the Golan’s eastern boundary.

MEANWHILE BACK IN WASHINGTON... You Go, Obumble....you go BOI!
...The US State Department's Rewards for Justice program posted $5 million rewards for information leading to the arrest or conviction of two Americans who have served in leadership positions in Shabaab, al Qaeda's affiliate in Somalia. One of the Americans, Jehad Serwan Mostafa, is believed to have served as an emissary for Ayman al Zawahiri, al Qaeda's emir, the FBI told The Long War Journal. The other, Omar Hammami, is currently engaged in a personal dispute with Shabaab. The $5 million rewards offered for Mostafa and Hammami match that of 37 other terrorists in the Rewards for Justice program. The program offers a higher reward for only seven other terrorist leaders and operatives. Ayman al Zawahiri tops the list at $25 million. Mostafa is also known as Emir Anwar, Ahmed Gurey, and Anwar al-Amriki.
Obumble's murder for hire program in full swing....here a drone, there a drone.....everywhere a drone drone....
ABs

Aiken, SC

#287086 Mar 29, 2013
More news you will not see on IRNA or the Kingdom Times Magazine...

I have nothing to live for, therefore allah wishes that I kill in his name and promise of reward in the afterlife...
A Pakistan suicide bomber killed at least 10 people near the US consulate in Peshawar today; the attacker was reportedly targeting a police commander who received "only scratches," an official says. Some 28 were wounded in the attack, AFP reports. The bomber detonated his explosives when the commander's convoy stopped at a checkpoint about 1,000 feet from the consulate. No one has yet claimed responsibility for the attack, which a police rep said involved 22 pounds of explosives and killed two women, two soldiers, and a police officer, CNN notes. Pakistan's Taliban often attacks police and troops.
ABs

Aiken, SC

#287087 Mar 29, 2013
NEWS you would probably see on IRNA or the Kingdom Times Magazine...

Fellow muslims, see what extremes catholic go thru to show their loyalty to their prophet?

Northern Philippines villagers commemorated Good Friday in their traditional manner, with penitents whipping themselves before some two dozen were nailed to crosses, reports Reuters. Thousands of tourists were on hand to watch and photograph the scene. A local sign painter, 52, has now performed the ritual 27 times; his screams were projected through loudspeakers, the AP reports. He stayed on the cross in the heat for minutes; then the three-inch nails were removed and he was taken to a first-aid area.

"It's intriguing and fascinating what makes people do something like this, how you can believe so much that you make yourself suffer to that extent," said a tourist. The sign painter, Ruben Enaje, began taking part after he survived falling off a building. Another man said he participated "for good luck and for my family to be healthy." But the Catholic Church opposes the tradition. It's "not the desire of Jesus Christ," says an archbishop. "We should all concentrate on prayers."

In other words, that archbishop is sayin there is no way in HADES anyone is putting nails thru his hands...
ABs

Aiken, SC

#287088 Mar 29, 2013
More news yu would hear on the Syrian Tribune...

Off with his head, decries muslim fatwa...or better still off with the head of the young muslim girl who dared to defy islam and have her feet washed in publis...by a man she is not force married to...

The new pope has already done something none of his predecessors ever did: Yesterday, as he washed the feet of youths in a detention center, he included two young women—thereby violating liturgical rules, the AP reports. One of the women was a MUSLIM. "The pope's washing the feet of women is hugely significant because including women in this part of the Holy Thursday Mass has been frowned on—and even banned...islamic clerics are not impressed...
Linktv org

Oakdale, NY

#287089 Mar 29, 2013
Oh, where oh where, is our friend from the desert hiding?
Linktv org

Sayville, NY

#287090 Mar 29, 2013
The “new” Arab world through the Marx Brothers’ eyes
February 28, 2011/ by Michael Scheuer CIA Ret./http://tinyurl.com/6jvcpk 3

–1.) Security in Iraq continues to deteriorate, with one of the country’s biggest oil production facilities being shut down by an attack.

–2.) The U.S.-led coalition in Afghanistan is still losing, and reports are multiplying that General Petraeus is seeking a new job before the house of cards he and his counter-insurgency experts built collapses.

–3.) The Yemeni regime — deemed a “key ally” by the Obama administration — appears to be losing what little control it had of the country.

–4.) Mubarak’s regime, which, whatever you think of it, was the strongest and most reliable ally of Washington and Israel in the region has been destroyed, and the transition from Mubarak to a military dictatorship is being billed as the “birth of democracy.”

–5.) Much of Libya’s oil production is shut down and domestic gasoline prices in the U.S. are headed for economic-growth killing $4.00 or more per gallon.

–6.) President Obama and his fellow NATO and UN interventionists are discussing Libya with “all options” on the table, presumably including neo-colonial combat forces if Qahdafi’s resolve to survive continues to harden and his forces make gains.

–7.) Al-Qaeda is irrelevant and history has passed it by, even as its two main goals are on they way to being met — the destruction of the Arab tyrannies and and the fatal weakening of Israel’s security — and its third goal is reaching fruition as President Obama presides over the retreat of U.S. forces from Afghanistan and Iraq with none of Washington’s pre-war goals accomplished.

–8.) Egypt’s long-closed border with Gaza is being opened, and Israel’s air force is merrily bombing the Gazans.

–9.) A bin-Laden inspired, Saudi student was arrested in Texas last week — without the usual FBI “sting”— for planning attacks on the U.S. energy sector. His motivation: Washington’s intervention in the Muslim world.(NB: There are now thirty-thousand Saudi students in the United States on easy-for-Saudis-to-get student visas.)

–10.) Up to 40,000 convicted Islamist militants, insurgents, theorists, and terrorists have been released from Mubarak’s prisons. Unknown numbers also have been released in Tunisia and Libya.
http://non-intervention.com/846/the-new-arab-...
Linktv org

West Sayville, NY

#287091 Mar 30, 2013
Union Sundown
Well, my shoes, they come from Singapore,
My flashlight's from Taiwan,
My tablecloth's from Malaysia,
My belt buckle's from the Amazon.
You know, this shirt I wear comes from the Philippines
And the car I drive is a Chevrolet,
It was put together down in Argentina
By a guy makin' thirty cents a day.

Well, it's sundown on the union
And what's made in the U.S.A.
Sure was a good idea
'Til greed got in the way.

Well, this silk dress is from Hong Kong
And the pearls are from Japan.
Well, the dog collar's from India
And the flower pot's from Pakistan.
All the furniture, it says "Made in Brazil"
Where a woman, she slaved for sure
Bringin' home thirty cents a day to a family of twelve,
You know, that's a lot of money to her.

Sure was a good idea

Well, you know, lots of people complainin' that there is no work.
I say, "Why you say that for
When nothin' you got is U.S.-made?"
They don't make nothin' here no more,
You know, capitalism is above the law.
It say, "It don't count 'less it sells."
When it costs too much to build it at home
You just build it cheaper someplace else.

Sure was a good idea

Well, the job that you used to have,
They gave it to somebody down in El Salvador.
The unions are big business, friend,
And they're goin' out like a dinosaur.
They used to grow food in Kansas
Now they want to grow it on the moon and eat it raw.
I can see the day coming when even your home garden
Is gonna be against the law.

Sure was a good idea

Democracy don't rule the world,
You'd better get that in your head.
This world is ruled by violence
But I guess that's better left unsaid.
From Broadway to the Milky Way,
That's a lot of territory indeed
And a man's gonna do what he has to do
When he's got a hungry mouth to feed.

Sure was a good idea

Copyright ©1983
http://www.bobdylan.com/#/songs/union-sundown
ABs

Covington, GA

#287094 Mar 31, 2013
Linktv org wrote:
Oh, where oh where, is our friend from the desert hiding?
Unfortunately...I think the imam has ordered our comrade to quit conversing with us due to his inability to decipher the rationale of retaliatory muslims sharing the same heaven as those who turn the other cheek...
Foxy is Foxy

Indianapolis, IN

#287095 Mar 31, 2013
When they rolled away that heavy, heavy, heavy stone and went in they found that 'the war is not over' was still dead.

The Great Gig in The Sky
http://youtu.be/sxo0OJkbaMY

don't click on that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baghdad, Iraq Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mideast complexities confound US coalition effort 42 min SirPrize 7
U.S. hits ISIS position near Baghdad innew phas... 6 hr Jeff Brightone 1
First U.S. Airstrikes in Expanded Iraq Fight 8 hr mjjcpa 2
How ISIS is growing, and the fight to stop it Mon Tanoja 6
WRAPUP 2-Iran supreme leader spurns U.S. overtu... Mon Cat74 1
We Don't Need No Stinking Strategy Mon Thinking 66
Generals Raise Fears of Iraq Civil War (Aug '06) Mon swedenforever 30
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••