Italy Opens Murder Trial of U.S. Soldier

Full story: Newsday

An American soldier is being tried in absentia Tuesday for the killing of an Italian intelligence agent at a checkpoint in Iraq two years ago -- a case that has strained relations between Italy and the United ...
Comments
1 - 16 of 16 Comments Last updated Dec 31, 2012
massimo

Richmond, VA

#1 Apr 16, 2007
The US obeys no laws or treaties. It is the #1 terrorist state on the planet.
candince

Brooklyn, NY

#2 Apr 16, 2007
omg!! imm soo speechless
Rachel

Brentwood, NY

#3 Apr 16, 2007
I Love This.... Wait No I Hate It.... It's Stupid!!!!!
Lucasluver

Brentwood, NY

#4 Apr 16, 2007
this country is the number 1 for terrerest attackst and now all of our soldiers r getting kiulled this is freaking crazy bitches!!!!
Hmmm

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#5 Apr 16, 2007
Hello, it's a war! "Friendly fire" is an unfortunate reality, as is collateral damage. Maybe the Italians shouldn't have driven the way they did towards the U.S. checkpoint. Hindsight is always 20/20, but the soldiers on the front line have to make a decision in a matter of seconds, based upon the information available, which could determine whether they live or die (just like police officers). This was an accident, not a crime!

Regarding the terror suspect from Egypt, the reason why Americans went after him is because Italy has a history of letting terrorists go. Remember the Achille Lauro, when Italy released the terrorist hijackers who killed Leon Klinghoffer in cold blood, and dumped his body into the Mediterranean Sea? Ronald Reagan gave the order for U.S. Navy fighters to force their plane down in Italy, where the Italians promptly let them go! If Italy took care of business (i.e., terrorists) in it's own country, we wouldn't have to!
Hmmm

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#6 Apr 16, 2007
Hey, Massimo, if you think we really are the "#1 terrorist state on the planet", why are you here? Perhaps you'd feel more comfortable in a "worker's paradise" like Iran, North Korea, Syria, Cuba, Venezuela, or any of a number of other countries ruled by dictators and despots. I'm sure many of the citizens of those countries would be quite happy to trade places with you!

What a putz you are!
MrRight

Tampa, FL

#7 Apr 16, 2007
Alright everyone, stop buying all that imported Italian furniture, olive oil, pasta and sauce for one year! And stay home for awhile.
JAMAICAN ME ANGRY

Brooklyn, NY

#8 Apr 16, 2007
"F" the Italians, those bunch of ingrates.

They'd be speaking German if it weren't for us.

PS: I'm allowed to say that because I'm Italian-American.
terry

Australia

#9 Apr 18, 2007
Italy home of the ermmmm oh ermmmmm oh ermmmm agh how could i forget their known world wide for being COWARDS. Have your trial you imbiciles. Then sit back and notice just how the world dont give a hoot at anything you got to say !!.
Mike

Narvon, PA

#10 May 9, 2007
This guy needs the MEDAL OF HONOR. SHOOT FIRST, ASK QUESTIONS LATER. THESE SONOFAB****** WILL CERTAINLY SHOOT FIRST.
IF THEY RAN THE CHECKPOINT. AIM FOR THE HEART.
Mike

Narvon, PA

#11 May 9, 2007
massimo wrote:
Is the name Massimo islamo-fascist for "MY HEAD LIVES IN MY ANAL CANAL". Thought so.
Former Marine

Louisville, KY

#12 May 9, 2007
Well for f@cksake. HMMM you took the words right out of my mouth, but you will have preston2, cana, angelika, and the other pissants that won't see it that way, they will twist around to their own belief. Massimo, my head in my a$$ or whatever the hell you want to call your stupidself, You are a piece of sh!t. No wait that is to good for you. This is what really irritates the hell out of me. people like these scumbags think we need to just stand their like targets, oh wait we are targets.

Ok how long have we had checkpoints? Ok now why were they driving they way they were? And Myheadinmyassio you say we know no rules? We are the only playing by the rules. But thing again hell why not blame us the soldier, it's seems anymore when sh!t like this happens we are criminals. Amazing when we raise our right hand to take an oath, that they forgot to mention oh and by the way if you kill someone by accident you will be convicted of murder.

This soldier needs to be given a medal just like the rest of the soldiers on trial for doing their jobs. Wow.
Rick

Syracuse, NY

#13 May 24, 2007
massimo wrote:
Kiss my azz, you donkey!
Why don't you go back to your PETA meeting?
Rick

Syracuse, NY

#14 May 24, 2007
Halt!
Who goes there?
Advance to be recognized.
Oooops!
Sorry.
I have an itchy trigger finger.
Should of took that towel off your head!
Rick

Syracuse, NY

#15 May 24, 2007
God Bless that soldier!
Lets work up a defense fund for him!
Who's in?
How about you masterbatesimo?
SGT Steve

New York, NY

#17 Dec 31, 2012
Former Marine wrote:
Well for f@cksake. HMMM you took the words right out of my mouth, but you will have preston2, cana, angelika, and the other pissants that won't see it that way, they will twist around to their own belief. Massimo, my head in my a$$ or whatever the hell you want to call your stupidself, You are a piece of sh!t. No wait that is to good for you. This is what really irritates the hell out of me. people like these scumbags think we need to just stand their like targets, oh wait we are targets.
Ok how long have we had checkpoints? Ok now why were they driving they way they were? And Myheadinmyassio you say we know no rules? We are the only playing by the rules. But thing again hell why not blame us the soldier, it's seems anymore when sh!t like this happens we are criminals. Amazing when we raise our right hand to take an oath, that they forgot to mention oh and by the way if you kill someone by accident you will be convicted of murder.
This soldier needs to be given a medal just like the rest of the soldiers on trial for doing their jobs. Wow.
I agree our soldiers deserve the best. This crap needs to stop.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baghdad, Iraq Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'The War Is Not Over' (Sep '06) 8 min MoreLogicalThanYou 276,462
Thousands of Abu Ghraib photos set for release 8 hr Asian Guy 41
Aid flows into Iraq Shiite town after siege broken 17 hr USA Today 1
Iran says Iraq able to fight militants alone Sun Beatr 2
Besieged Iraqi town of Amerli buoyed by prospec... Aug 30 Jeff Brightone 1
Iraq isn't sliding into civil war, Rice says (Aug '06) Aug 29 Swedenforever 14
Mom pleads for release of captive US journalist Aug 28 Deo Vindice 3
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••