Audit: U.S. cannot account for $8.7B in Iraqi funds

Full story: Daily Breeze 8
In this Jan 24, 2004 file photo, fires flare off the gas from crude oil at Iraq's oldest oil processing plant in the northern Iraqi town of Baba Gurgur, outside Kirkuk, Iraq. Full Story

“Beautiful Ugly”

Since: Jul 10

West Hills, CA

#1 Jul 28, 2010
This is ridiculous!! 95% of billions of OUR dollars cannot be accounted for??

F our Gov!! We are being taken advantage of is so many ways!!

When are we going to stop this madness???

“Beautiful Ugly”

West Hills, CA

#2 Jul 28, 2010
Ahhh...after actually reading the article, we are stealing THEIR money...darn thiefs!

Since: Apr 10

Torrance, CA

#3 Jul 28, 2010
-WSJ-IS-MY-HERO- wrote:
Ahhh...after actually reading the article, we are stealing THEIR money...darn thiefs!
According to the article, the U.S. Government was allowed to tap into the Iraqee account and hopefully the missing funds were pumped back into the war effort by the U.S. Now that would be poetic justice.

“Beautiful Ugly”

West Hills, CA

#4 Jul 28, 2010
R-Smart wrote:
<quoted text>
According to the article, the U.S. Government was allowed to tap into the Iraqee account and hopefully the missing funds were pumped back into the war effort by the U.S. Now that would be poetic justice.
Or, it was pumped into the pockets of these crooks...that is what Im leaning towards!

Since: Apr 10

Torrance, CA

#5 Jul 28, 2010
-WSJ-IS-MY-HERO- wrote:
<quoted text>
Or, it was pumped into the pockets of these crooks...that is what Im leaning towards!
I hear you,,,,but,,,,will we ever know the truth??? I know that I'm not holding my breath!
Saint Peter

Irvine, CA

#6 Jul 28, 2010
KBR, the spawn of Satan (Dick Cheney) & Halliburton was given no-bid contract after no-bid contract in Iraq. Is it any wonder that everything was grossly over budget and that most of the funds are unaccounted for? Hard to believe we went to Iraq (instead of Afghanistan) for any reason other than lining the pockets of these war criminals.

“Beautiful Ugly”

West Hills, CA

#7 Jul 28, 2010
R-Smart wrote:
<quoted text>
I hear you,,,,but,,,,will we ever know the truth??? I know that I'm not holding my breath!
No..us "littel guys" will never know, and it is a God damn shame!
Local Yokel

Palos Verdes Peninsula, CA

#8 Jul 28, 2010
Saint Peter wrote:
KBR, the spawn of Satan (Dick Cheney) & Halliburton was given no-bid contract after no-bid contract in Iraq. Is it any wonder that everything was grossly over budget and that most of the funds are unaccounted for? Hard to believe we went to Iraq (instead of Afghanistan) for any reason other than lining the pockets of these war criminals.
Cheney will no doubt kick the bucket before anyone can unravel this mess. Fair trade I suppose.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baba Gurgur, Iraq Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BP-Led Consortium Wins Iraq Oil Deal (Oct '09) Oct '09 White Collar Crime 3

Baba Gurgur, Iraq People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE