We quit our hellish honeymoon in Afri...

We quit our hellish honeymoon in Africa after just 48 hours

There are 11 comments on the The Sun Online story from May 23, 2012, titled We quit our hellish honeymoon in Africa after just 48 hours. In it, The Sun Online reports that:

A COUPLE arrived at a hotel in Africa for a dream ten-day honeymoon - but quit and returned to the UK after TWO nights.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Sun Online.

sweet

UK

#1 May 24, 2012
Read this in the paper, I think they're are stupid for not doing their research properly and not speaking to a rep before flying back home.
Gambia is a developing country which you don't go for luxury living, it's all about seeing the country not the inside of the hotel room!!
lindaff40

Cleveleys, UK

#2 May 24, 2012
I read this yesterday and concluded this couple are just idiots.the hotel room didn't look that bad. Anyway if they wanted five star The sheraton. kairaba and ocean bay fit the bill better.Unless you are ill,have urgent news at home or suffered a violent crime, who flies home two days into a holiday
Curious

Gambia

#3 May 24, 2012
I agree! No way is Atlantic Beach 5 star.
Any update on Sharon/Lamin Jammeh discussion from 'Names of cheating Gambian men' forum?
Lisa

London, UK

#4 May 24, 2012
Clearly they are not familiar with African culture, nor the beauty of Thione Secke music.......

Happiness is not all about 4 or 5 star luxury.

Lisa

London, UK

#5 May 24, 2012
Sun readers what would you expect lol
lindaff40

Cleveleys, UK

#6 May 24, 2012
Lisa wrote:
Sun readers what would you expect lol
to be honest I think they have sold this story to a few nationals. I first came across the article in The Daily Mail Online yesterday
and it attracted about 300 comments. I heard it is also in the Mirror.

Hey Lisa if only us women were quick to fly out of the country when approached by the Scambian bumster lol
sweet

UK

#7 May 24, 2012
Thinking about this story, how come papers are printing this story when there are loads of holidays from hell in europe?
Which this story is nothing like that, is there something hidden behind it? Ie trying to stop gambia getting any tourists?
Karl

Coventry, UK

#8 May 24, 2012
Poor bloke had a hissy fit.
Lisa

London, UK

#9 May 24, 2012
sweet wrote:
Thinking about this story, how come papers are printing this story when there are loads of holidays from hell in europe?
Which this story is nothing like that, is there something hidden behind it? Ie trying to stop gambia getting any tourists?
You have a point. It is a Murdoch rag, and he is a racist.

I have been on genuine 'holidays from hell' in Spain, where the hotel was crammed wall to wall with tattoed bald fat drunken hooligans shouting and brawling till 4am making sleep impossible.Worse than any bumster.

Worse in fact than Butlins, but you never read anything derogatory about Spain or Turkey for that matter which both attract drunken yobs.

The Sun sells £12 'holidays' to trailer parks and downmarket holiday camps, with as much ambience as Colditz!.

Now that would be a real 'holiday from hell'.
shean

Hangzhou, China

#10 May 25, 2012
Thank you for sharing.
sweet

Dagenham, UK

#11 May 25, 2012
Exactly Lisa

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Twitter Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News HTC One M9 Nougat US rollout begins with unlock... Dec 6 Analog Watchface 1
News OneHalton: our region at your fingertips Nov 18 as peeps sleep in... 1
News Ambush slaying of Iowa police officers shocks s... Nov '16 Repeal the Second 1
News Have you downloaded Apple's iDrain? iPhone user... Sep '16 ydtparts 1
News Russian president Vladimir Putin returned but w... Sep '16 just a guy i knew 2
News No, online polls dona t show a hidden Donald Tr... Sep '16 tina anne 271
News Flood destroys home of man who believes floods ... Aug '16 RalphB 20
More from around the web