Erie man charged in assault on Neighb...

Erie man charged in assault on Neighborhood Watch official

There are 38 comments on the Erie Times News story from Jul 28, 2014, titled Erie man charged in assault on Neighborhood Watch official. In it, Erie Times News reports that:

An east Erie Neighborhood Watch coordinator suffered significant head and facial injuries when city police said he was attacked by a man on East Fourth Street on Sunday morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Erie Times News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Real Tough Guy

Erie, PA

#21 Jul 30, 2014
jack wrote:
"Dude" was trespassing on penelec property.
Multiple complaints previously filed on this jerk.
Go home to 21st and plum where you live to sleep, which, by the way doesn't seem like a real prosperous section of town to qualify for a 100k UN secured bond. No offense to the good people that live there.
Carney either dropped the ball, or knows this guy.
As far as drug dealers on 6th and 7th and wallace, make no mistake, the cops are well aware.
Do yourself a favor and read the article before you post.
Your reply is ludicrous.
Get well wishes to Mr. Birch, I spoke to him once and he seemed like a good guy.
He probably figured the guy wouldn't fight back much if at all. So he throws his weight around, guys like Toby need to be surprised one of these days and get knocked back by a person they think is a sitting duck. I would laugh my *** off.
jack

Franklin, PA

#22 Jul 30, 2014
Well, according to the news tonight, Daneri wants a cash bond now.

He must have got numerous complaints.

Either way, that bum isn't going to skate.
Whitey

Erie, PA

#23 Jul 30, 2014
Figures, a white man gets beat an unsecured bond, it's clear the legal system ONCE AGAIN is too harsh on whitey
repatriateYinzer s

Erie, PA

#24 Jul 30, 2014
tim leary wrote:
<quoted text>just unbelievable.
Tom Carney, the pistol waving district justice, was recently re-elected. He was UNOPPOSED. Why?

The Democratic party needs to dump the crony machine politics now.
Nancy Pelosi

Erie, PA

#25 Jul 31, 2014
repatriateYinzers wrote:
<quoted text>
Tom Carney, the pistol waving district justice, was recently re-elected. He was UNOPPOSED. Why?
The Democratic party needs to dump the crony machine politics now.
Because D comes before R and all D's smell nice like me.
Nancy

Erie, PA

#26 Jul 31, 2014
I'm really sorry that our neighborhoods and our city have such moronic people. I googled this Toby, he's a bit old for this
jack

Corry, PA

#27 Aug 1, 2014
Nancy wrote:
I'm really sorry that our neighborhoods and our city have such moronic people. I googled this Toby, he's a bit old for this
'
HMMMM I think Mr. Birch has a better name than "moron". The guy who attacked him is a psycho. Age has little to do with the crime.

I also agree with the other poster asking why Carney got back in. Demacraps must think his decision making is acceptable.

This should prove to them otherwise.
Concerned and frustrated

West Springfield, PA

#28 Aug 12, 2014
jim wrote:
Carney released this bum on 100k UN secured bond.
What a joke our legal system is.
So much for neighborhood watch programs.
WASTE of time.
THe Truth of the matter is that the neighborhood watch individual was in the wrong this time. He came onto private property and was attempting to take pictures of Toby who was in his mobile home.Toby informed him he was not on Penelec property and the man continued to film and come at Toby he then reached into his pocket and at that time Toby was afraid for his life this man should have called the police if he thought a law was being broke. instead he took the law into his own hands and a struggle issued and he got the worst of it .seems like this yet another George Zimmerman Wanna B
Concerned and frustrated

West Springfield, PA

#29 Aug 12, 2014
Real Tough Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
He probably figured the guy wouldn't fight back much if at all. So he throws his weight around, guys like Toby need to be surprised one of these days and get knocked back by a person they think is a sitting duck. I would laugh my *** off.
No he was not on Penelec property it was his childrens mothers yard FYI
Concerned and frustrated

West Springfield, PA

#30 Aug 12, 2014
GeorgeZ wrote:
I would have shot him. Real neighborhood watch capts. pack heat
OK now your out of control you would have shot the guy for what he was in his van on his own computer on his ex's yard bothering no one and SIR WOULD SHOOT HIM YOU ARE DANGEROUS
slavko

Erie, PA

#31 Aug 12, 2014
Concerned and frustrated wrote:
<quoted text>THe Truth of the matter is that the neighborhood watch individual was in the wrong this time. He came onto private property and was attempting to take pictures of Toby who was in his mobile home.Toby informed him he was not on Penelec property and the man continued to film and come at Toby he then reached into his pocket and at that time Toby was afraid for his life this man should have called the police if he thought a law was being broke. instead he took the law into his own hands and a struggle issued and he got the worst of it .seems like this yet another George Zimmerman Wanna B
Hope this Toby lunatic gets 50 years. Your post is pure crap. Anyone that has ever met Del knows, and I mean no disrespect to Del, that Bill Nye the science guy is more intimidating than Del.

Taking a photo with an ipad is not taking the law into ones own hands. Using you words, your pal Toby should have called the police instead of committing felony assault.

Did you put your house up for the bond so this scumbag can run loose?
jack

Erie, PA

#32 Aug 12, 2014
Concerned and frustrated wrote:
<quoted text>THe Truth of the matter is that the neighborhood watch individual was in the wrong this time. He came onto private property and was attempting to take pictures of Toby who was in his mobile home.Toby informed him he was not on Penelec property and the man continued to film and come at Toby he then reached into his pocket and at that time Toby was afraid for his life this man should have called the police if he thought a law was being broke. instead he took the law into his own hands and a struggle issued and he got the worst of it .seems like this yet another George Zimmerman Wanna B
OH PLEASE.

"Toby " HAD numerous complaints against him.
What was he afraid of, death by cell phone?

Taking pictures of someone doesn't warrant a beating that puts a person in the hospital.
This psycho is violent.

Mr Birch didn't deserve what happened to him.
Concerned and frustrated

Meadville, PA

#33 Aug 16, 2014
jack wrote:
<quoted text>
OH PLEASE.
"Toby " HAD numerous complaints against him.
What was he afraid of, death by cell phone?
Taking pictures of someone doesn't warrant a beating that puts a person in the hospital.
This psycho is violent.
Mr Birch didn't deserve what happened to him.
So if i come on your property and take pictures of you through your front living room window u would be ok with this huh.I highly doubt it mind your own business you wont find this sort of trouble why dont the watch pay more attention the drugs and guns in front of them maybe erie wouldnt be such a DETROIT SHIT HOLE
A Hitzler

Erie, PA

#34 Aug 16, 2014
We must stop thinking of the individual and start thinking about what is best for society.- Hillary Clinton

Continue to watch for crime and let the police know.. Tell on the neighbor or family members. Turn them over to the police. It's your responsibility to a healthy society. You will be rewarded with a patch on your sleaze.
Pro Fo Lak Tic

United States

#35 Aug 16, 2014
A Hitzler wrote:
We must stop thinking of the individual and start thinking about what is best for society.- Hillary Clinton
Continue to watch for crime and let the police know.. Tell on the neighbor or family members. Turn them over to the police. It's your responsibility to a healthy society. You will be rewarded with a patch on your sleaze.
The train and a good hot shower is waiting for you.
brooch

Hermitage, PA

#36 Jan 24, 2015
No Birch was on private property allegedly taking pictures of the van, that was clearly seen from the road...No Birch and his Ipod/Ipad must have been on this private property with a camera because of the little girls that swim in the pool in the backyard...which would be Toby's granddaughter's....See there are facts to this case, and then there is the bulls*** that Birch and his cronies could not wait to get out...by the way, the charges for agg assault with Big Mike, was plea bargained down to disorderly conduct via Daneri...get all the facts before you twist your fragile realities
kaitlin

Snover, MI

#37 Jan 24, 2015
Let the cops do their job -- nobody wants some dummy out there like Mike Ohara.He does not even have a drivers license and he driving around the city playing cop.Isnt that illegal ? Border lines on stalking doesn't it ? And why is this punk in jail for driving for a year now without a license?Cops know it many witnesses know it . W T .uck
lefjulie

Erie, PA

#38 Feb 1, 2015
A Hitzler wrote:
Thats what mike Ohara does only he will chase you in his truck ( he lost his license for a d u i ) and turn you in ,then lie about you to police. He serves alcohol at martys

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

iPad App Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Samsung Galaxy S8: What You Need to Know About ... Mar 21 will it cost more 1
News Talk Angela App "Kidnapper Behind the Camera" (Feb '14) Mar 19 Brivjfnbeehhehhd 296
News Chaffetz' iPhone gaffe lands him well-funded Ut... Mar 18 CodeTalker 3
News Facebook Messenger Day Rolls Out Globally: This... Mar 14 Michael 1
What to do before selling or giving away your iPad (Jun '16) Mar 8 Tinal 2
News Mike O'Donnell: Bruce Springsteen delivers what... Mar 6 Classic Rock 1
News iStonsoft iPad iPod iPhone Data Recovery (Oct '15) Feb 27 Bamboo 4
More from around the web