Colo. Pastor Charged for Robbing, Kidnapping Gay Man

Full story: EDGE

A pastor from Colorado Springs, Colo., has been accused of meeting gay men online in order to attack and rob them all while he allegedly posed as a U.S. marshal, Denver's CBS 4 reports.
Comments
21 - 35 of 35 Comments Last updated Feb 1, 2014
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Together for 24, legal for 5”

Since: Sep 07

Littleton, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2014

Judged:

Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
WHY are you Libs such passionate defenders of the U.S. Constitution, and teh RIGHTS and LIBERTIES it protects EXCEPT The Second Amendment RIGHT which protects an INDIVIDUAL'S RIGHT to own weapons including firearms ?! Why ?
And it IS the RIGHT of an individual, not just "members of the militia".
Care to explain that position ?
I do not advocate DENYING people's right to carry a firearm and protect themselves. I simply point out that it's not the best choice for everyone, nor even most people.

Littleton, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2014

Judged:

RalphB wrote:
<quoted text>
"Was" is the correct word. He was a former pastor with the Set Free Ministries. There is an international organization with that name, but I'm not sure if this was part of that, or some stand-alone group. I did find this on the founder of Set Free Ministries:
http://www.people.vcu.edu/~dbromley/undergrad...
Not sure if it is the same organization.
Sounds like a most enlightening organization. It's kind of hard to figure out how people from such a fine organization could possibly have anything to do with trickery and theft, isn't it?

“ WOOF ! ”

Since: Nov 12

33.00, -111.51

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2014

Judged:

nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not advocate DENYING people's right to carry a firearm and protect themselves. I simply point out that it's not the best choice for everyone, nor even most people.
Being in New Hampshire, I imagine its quite common to see people openly carrying firearms in public.

Being from New York, it was quite uncommon to see the average citizen openly carrying firearms in public.

Soon after moving here to southern Arizona from New York 2 years ago, I noticed on the street these metal boxes on stands. They look similar to the mailboxes you see on my street, and other streets nearby. But the were much smaller than the mailboxes. And each door had a key in them. One day, out of curiosity, I turned one of the keys, opened the door ad looked inside. Of course it was empty. I was mystified as to what they were for, because there was no sign or anything else indicating their purpose.

One day, I had to go down to the office of the local water company, and they had the same type of boxes outside their building. I asked one of the women inside what the heck those boxes outside were for. She looked at me surprised, as if knowing what they were for was as common as knowing that the sky is blue. She said to me: "That's where you put your gun of course, before coming into our building." I never saw that type of box before on the street.

Since: Oct 10

San Francisco

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2014

Judged:

Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Being in New Hampshire, I imagine its quite common to see people openly carrying firearms in public.
You are not in New Hampshire.

“ WOOF ! ”

33.00, -111.51

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2014

Judged:

GoldenGator wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not in New Hampshire.
I'm not. The person whom I was addressing is.(sposed to be in the 80's here this week.:))

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

St. Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2014

Judged:

nhjeff wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like a most enlightening organization. It's kind of hard to figure out how people from such a fine organization could possibly have anything to do with trickery and theft, isn't it?
Yeah, I am simply amazed that there is such enlightened understanding. Oh, and yeah, that is sarcasm.

Since: Dec 08

Toronto, ON, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2014

Judged:

nhjeff wrote:
Never bare false witness. Nor covet your neighbors ass.
Sound like he did not do much of a job of coveRing his ass!

Littleton, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2014

Judged:

Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless they're hunting, on-duty for law enforcement, or members of the legislature, it's exceptionally uncommon.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Since: Feb 09

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2014

Judged:

Gremlin wrote:
Another hypocrite "christian"has been exposed.
Hypocrite Christian is redundant: ALL Christians are hypocrites.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2014

Judged:

Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
I've bought and sold cars on craigslist with never a problem, but I do believe it is a fairly dangerous media to advertise on, whether you are buying or selling. I've also bought and sold cars on ebay, which I think is much safer.
If you are going to use craigslist for anything at all, DON'T meet someone just by yourself. Bring someone along with you. And exercise your Second Amendment RIGHT to be armed for protection.
I can see that Comrade Sheepie is using the judgits.

Sounds like good advice to me. I would think you would want to meet in a restaurant or a bar that has a camera so everyone who enters is recorded.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2014

Judged:

GoldenGator wrote:
Preachers haves been robbing people of their minds and money for centuries. It's no surprise they'd start using guns and handcuffs.
Excellent point, I wish I had thought of that. Good one.

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2014

Judged:

Fa-Foxy wrote:
<quoted text>
A paintball gun ?! LOL
And if YOU are going to meet someone, avail yourself to your Second Amendment RIGHT to be armed. And being "armed" is NOT limited to firearms.
You may be talking about knives and baseball bats, so do Martial Arts count?

“THERE IS NO GOD”

Northern California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2014

Judged:

Pierre wrote:
I don't believe this story for one minute.
No one cares what you believe.

“ WOOF ! ”

33.00, -111.51

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2014

Judged:

Reverend Alan wrote:
<quoted text>
I can see that Comrade Sheepie is using the judgits.
Sounds like good advice to me. I would think you would want to meet in a restaurant or a bar that has a camera so everyone who enters is recorded.
That's an excellent idea. I've heard to many bad stores about craigslist transactions over the years. I'm very wary of it.

(I did however purchase a good car on craigslist this past August, and I'm happy with the car and the price. It was a repo).
Gremlin

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2014

Pierre wrote:
I don't believe this story for one minute.
The amazing Pierre. He knows all ! He sees all! LOL!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Craigslist. Discussions

Search the Craigslist. Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Joe Soucheray: An iPad for every kid is just an... Jun '14 PB in Saint Paul 1
Consumer 10 Report | Scamming of veteran a caut... May '14 128 million users... 1
Kincade brothers plead not guilty (Dec '13) Apr '14 free kincade brot... 3
'Craigslist Bandit' surrenders to police Mar '14 Moe 1
With new design, Facebook delivers the Paper (Feb '14) Feb '14 Deb 1
Neighbor banned from Web after naked man shows ... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Deb 1
Woman, 35, spiked her husband's Visine with BLE... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Rick in Kansas 2
•••
•••