Dave Albee: IRL organizers take half-full outlook at half-empty...

Full story: Marin Independent Journal

Spectators watch several Indy cars race into turn 2 during the IndyCar Series PEAK Antifreeze & Motor Oil Indy Grand Prix of Sonoma County at Infineon Raceway in Sonoma, Calif.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4
Todd

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2008

Maybe if you actually knew what you were talking about you would have known that Helio was excited about winning because he finished 2nd 7 times this season and this was his first win this year. Also, it keeps his IndyCar championship hopes alive - that's why he was floating around on "cloud 9" after winning. Also, looking like a contestant on the Price is Right? Please!
Ivo

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2008

How does a chainsaw fit in with being "more sophisticated"? I hate culturally divisive comments like that anyway. I suppose I could get pigeonholed in the highly educated, high earning wine sipping 49er loving crowd, but seriously. I suppose I'm drawn to open wheels because I grew up partly in Europe, too.

But so what? I plan to go see NASCAR next year and I won't feel a need to change into my hillbilly clothes before I get there.

Maybe I'll get Bud instead of Heineken, though, just to be in the spirit of the thing...;-)
Iowa Cornfield

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2008

Let's face it. These cars weren't intended to run road courses. They're built for oval racing. That's what they do best. Just give up the street and road races. They don't draw anything but flies at those races.
As far as personality is concerned, open wheel racing is a big dud these days. NASCAR's big stars can also win races. Indy Car has who? A couple of sons of famous fathers is all they have. So far they haven't done squat. The only time there is any news aobut Indy Cars is when the drama queen throws a hissy fit. Sorry, but that's getting old real fast. If she can't back up the rhetoric with results than she's just there for window dressing.
If Indy Car can't come up with a better package of cars (Please!!) and drivers then they may as well pack it up and wait for May. Fans may laugh at our little podunk crop circle here in Iowa but we had a better race than Sears point did.
I hope this whole Indy Car deal gets better soon. Otherwise I'll just stay happy as can be watching NASCAR.
larry davis

Hanover, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2010

I watched the IRL race for about five minutes and turned the TV. It was follow the leader racing. Kind of boring. I was out at Sonoma for the NHRA race and have been there for a Nascar race. NHRA was definitely the most exciting race. NHRA also outdraws the IRL race since they draw good crowds for 3 days.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Tony Kanaan Discussions

Search the Tony Kanaan Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Tony Kanaan's 2014 options may include NASCAR r... (Sep '13) Sep '13 WHOYAKIDDING 4
Racing For Cancer Teams with Hippino (May '13) May '13 What 1
Ball State students design permanent housing op... (May '13) May '13 fukuda 1
Brazilian driver fumes over Dancia Patrick's co... (Sep '11) Sep '12 Jorge 20
F1: Williams Would Be Better With Me - Barrichello (Aug '12) Aug '12 F1 Funatic 1
Dario Franchitti wins 3rd Indy 500 (May '12) May '12 TexasRaider 5
Dario Franchitti has his third Indianapolis 500... (May '12) May '12 Sons of Liberty 2
•••
•••
•••