Webmasters messing with us

Webmasters messing with us

There are 10 comments on the My Name Is IRL story from Feb 11, 2008, titled Webmasters messing with us. In it, My Name Is IRL reports that:

A few weeks ago Tomas Scheckter disappeared from the Vision Racing driver roster , and now it appears AJ Foyt IV has vanished as well.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at My Name Is IRL.

Since: Aug 07

AOL

#1 Feb 11, 2008
My guess is sponsorhip problems. One thing I know Foyt Jr. says that when Anthony left he doesn't plan on giving him another ride but I hope he would for Indy if nothing else. I think Anthony will end up with a ride, but who knows ?
I think Scheckter may end up at Rahal, if big if, Lloyd isn't rented out by Ganassi to them.
Foyt Fan

AOL

#2 Feb 12, 2008
I have been stressing about this for a week now (that's when Sheckter and Four disappeared off the website). I would assume that with a major change like that and George being in the media's eye, there would have been an announcement of some sort. I can't believe that two drivers would be dumped off a team with no one knowing about it. I think it just sucks for those two because they've both just moved to Indianapolis again and settled their lives thinking they were going to be with Vision. Tony George has a little explaining to do!!
Sprint

AOL

#3 Feb 12, 2008
Foyt Fan wrote:
I have been stressing about this for a week now (that's when Sheckter and Four disappeared off the website). I would assume that with a major change like that and George being in the media's eye, there would have been an announcement of some sort. I can't believe that two drivers would be dumped off a team with no one knowing about it. I think it just sucks for those two because they've both just moved to Indianapolis again and settled their lives thinking they were going to be with Vision. Tony George has a little explaining to do!!
So you're an open wheel Foyt Fan and don't know how the system works? OK! Maybe someone with patience can explain to you but I think everyone knows the deal with this and you know too!
Sprint

AOL

#4 Feb 12, 2008
Blah!!!!!!!!!!
Foyt Fan

AOL

#5 Feb 12, 2008
bah humbug..... yes i know how the system works, i understand what goes on and how people just disappear into nowhere like they never even raced in the first place..... i'm just expressing my opinion at how i'd really like to have george sit down and explain himself..... i'm not an idiot, i know it'll never happen, but thank you for pointing out the pessimism that has run rampant through this sport for the last two years, making it almost impossible to really enjoy the actual sport of it

Since: Aug 07

Fort Thomas, KY

#6 Feb 13, 2008
Foyt Fan wrote:
bah humbug..... yes i know how the system works, i understand what goes on and how people just disappear into nowhere like they never even raced in the first place..... i'm just expressing my opinion at how i'd really like to have george sit down and explain himself..... i'm not an idiot, i know it'll never happen, but thank you for pointing out the pessimism that has run rampant through this sport for the last two years, making it almost impossible to really enjoy the actual sport of it
I'm sure that Tony told Quatro why he's not coming back ! A.J. Foyt Jr. by the way is Tony Georges Godfather! Results! You produce or move on, name of the game. I'm pretty sure it was a "favor" to Foyt anyways!!!!!
If you think he didn't tell him why you're wrong that's all.

No offense unless you're the IRL troll then be gone! It knows who it is :)
JHA

Westmont, IL

#7 Feb 24, 2008
Lets go racing wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sure that Tony told Quatro why he's not coming back ! A.J. Foyt Jr. by the way is Tony Georges Godfather! Results! You produce or move on, name of the game. I'm pretty sure it was a "favor" to Foyt anyways!!!!!
If you think he didn't tell him why you're wrong that's all.
No offense unless you're the IRL troll then be gone! It knows who it is :)
Is that was Tony told Ed, too? Produce or move on? Don't worry, I know Ed is the stepson.

I think the IVth will be back with Vision this year but that a contract has not yet been finalized and that is why his name and picture have been removed from the Vision website. With the business of unification on TG's front burner, I think we can wait a little more patiently to see how this ends up.
Foyt Fan

AOL

#8 Feb 27, 2008
Well it's been officially announced on the Vision webpage..... Foyt is their second driver. Now all the speculation can stop and we can all focus on getting ready for Homestead and a full roster of drivers from both IRL and Champ Car coming together to make it one of the best seasons ever!!!
JHA

United States

#9 Feb 27, 2008
Absolutely!

Someone told me yesterday that although Alex Lloyd is a Ganassi driver, he's going to actually be in the third car for Vision. I haven't found an official announcement of that, buy my friend is usually right about these things.
Foyt Fan

AOL

#10 Feb 28, 2008
There has been talks of that running around Indycar.com and stuff. But so far I think he's only going to run the #22 for the Indy 500 so that Ganassi can run another person to make a full field.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tomas Scheckter Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News MILLER: iRacing's Virtual Pro Race of Champions II (Dec '12) Dec '12 Sakkie 1
News Scheckter returns to IndyCar Series (May '09) May '09 derschu 1
News Jan. 7: On Detroit, Montreal and Houston (Jan '09) Jan '09 zak 1
News Looking Back: 2008 IndyCar Season Finale At Chi... (Sep '08) Sep '08 Lets go racing 1
News Detroit Belle Island 2008 (Aug '08) Aug '08 mindy 76
News Despite all he and his crew did leading up to S... (Jun '08) Jun '08 Lets go racing 1
News Youthful Pair Sweeps...Graham Rahal on Pole nex... (May '08) May '08 Lets go racing 1
More from around the web