Drivers hope heat breaks monotony

Full story: The Indianapolis Star

The Indy Racing League's top drivers are hoping Iowa Speedway warms up today as much as weather forecasters predict for the inaugural Iowa Corn Indy 250.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
Sooo Sad

Carmel, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jun 24, 2007
 
Wow racing in a bowl how exciting, maybe next weekend the IRL can stage a race at the White River Park Velodrome. What a great idea go somewhere to hold a race where there is absolutely nothing else to do to ensure a big crowd. Wow 35,000 corn shuckers watching 19 high powered race cars drive around in a bowl.
Big Snarky Swede

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jun 24, 2007
 
Your life must really suck...
Sooo Sad wrote:
Wow racing in a bowl how exciting, maybe next weekend the IRL can stage a race at the White River Park Velodrome. What a great idea go somewhere to hold a race where there is absolutely nothing else to do to ensure a big crowd. Wow 35,000 corn shuckers watching 19 high powered race cars drive around in a bowl.
FCC

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jun 24, 2007
 
Would you say the same about the 160,000 NASCAR fans who go to Bristol, TN to watch more than 40 high-powered cars go around a .533 mile bowl TWICE a year?
Sooo Sad

Carmel, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jun 24, 2007
 
FCC wrote:
Would you say the same about the 160,000 NASCAR fans who go to Bristol, TN to watch more than 40 high-powered cars go around a .533 mile bowl TWICE a year?
Would you expect anything different out of Neck Car fans? They must enjoy getting dizzy watching five hundred laps of bowl racing.
Big Snarky Swede

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jun 24, 2007
 
Well...please, then, don't equate a true open-wheel set up, with big-league open wheel cars set to eat it alive, with NASCAR. The "bowl" you denegrate is what open wheel racing invented, nut bag!
Sooo Sad wrote:
<quoted text>Would you expect anything different out of Neck Car fans? They must enjoy getting dizzy watching five hundred laps of bowl racing.
Indy Fan in Georgia

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jun 25, 2007
 
Will PJ Chesson ever drive in a Indy Car Series race again ??

Sean Guthrie, hope your foot heals soon !

Looks like Alex llyod will be making his Indy Car Series debut at the Chicagoland Race with Roth Racing !

Maybe they put too much banking in this track.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••