George's team adds Foyt for its 3rd I...

George's team adds Foyt for its 3rd IRL car

There are 6 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Jan 4, 2007, titled George's team adds Foyt for its 3rd IRL car. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Tony George's Indy-car team is expanding with one of the sport's more familiar names.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

Nellie of the North

Carlsbad, NM

#1 Jan 4, 2007
It's about time Anthony got another IRL ride.
Bob

Franklin, TN

#2 Jan 4, 2007
Finally T.G. is helping an American Race driver.
tenderloindood

Deputy, IN

#3 Jan 4, 2007
I admyre toney gorge so much I rote this tribeaut to him.
TLD.

<spellcheck mode on>
Copyright 2006 Tenderloindood Publishers Clearinghouse

The Early Years.

Anton spent his formative years in a somewhat dull, uninspiring, non eventful, ordinary place known as Clabber Girl Farms just outside of the Midwestern City of Terre Haute, Indiana. It is in this atmosphere that he developed the same personality he carries today. This was the foundation for the future leader of motorsports worldwide. Young Tony was provided with everything he needed materially. He wanted for nothing as the silver spoon was never far away in his life. On the inside young Tony yearned for more. He was alone and had no friends except for his parents.He had a face that only parents could love. And love that little face they did. Mother used to look into young Anton's eyes and ask him why he was squinting all the time. Tony said he was having visions so his mother immediately began taking him to joint therapy sessions with renowned 1960's Terre Haute Psychologist Dr. Milo Feelgood. The good Doctor was a positive influence on Tony's life however he sadly committed suicide after serving as the family psychologist for over 30 years. With no friends on the horizon, doting father, Elmer bought little Tony a shetland pony. Tony loved the little white pony and named his cute little steed Eightball.
How appropo that Tony would spend much of his adult life behind the eightball. Tony loved Eightball so much he would pretend to talk to him in his own language. It wasn't so much talking as it was snorting with eightball. Not to be outdone in the gift department, mother Mari got Tony a gift of his own. A stablehand to take care of Tony and his Eightball and follow them around all day long cleaning up their crap. Tony still has these type of people on his staff to this day. The young strapping stablehand was no ordinary Guy. He was a man who wanted desperately to be a father figure to young Tony. The problem was Guy was always sick. Just like Elmer was always sick. It seems they always had really bad coughs and both of them had to drink cough syrup that they carried with them all day long. Little flat brown bottles they carried in their back pockets and chest pockets and boots and saddles and quite frankly everywhere. It must have worked because they were always laying around the farm sleeping their coughs away. Days at a time.
Sadly one day Elmer came home from town early and young Anton was out riding Eightball on the training circle all by himself. Going around and around and aound and around and around. Daddy Elmer asked little Tony where stablehand Guy was and Tony yelled back," inside, inside, inside, inside". Elmer said " but he was there when I left" and little Tony yelled back to daddy " still there, still there, still there". Well Elmer went inside and sure enough stablehand Guy was nailing more than just horseshoes so Elmer pulled out his his bowie knife from his boot and said "stop giving her CPR, she ain't sick" and a surprised Guy turned around and accidentally shot him with a load from his weapon. Elmer died and is still buried to this day. Young Tony decided from that day forward to lead the motorsports world to honor his father. A tribute fitting for a great man.
Chelsea

Crawfordsville, IN

#4 Jan 9, 2007
I am so excited!
Foyt will prove himself

Houston, TX

#6 Jan 9, 2007
I am so happy for Foyt IV! Sfter his disastrous NASCAR ride I was scared if we were going to see him race again. I thought Ray Evernham knew something about race car drivers. I guess not since Erin Crocker seems to have his attention. Finally Foyt has a good car and team to really prove himself with. Look what Foyt did with Andretti-Green at Homestead, he had one of his best races, even he led a lap. Foyt IV your Grandad was my idol and I am your #1 fan. I am hoping that Foyt will come back to NASCAR someday though with a decent ride. Good Luck at Indy!
Nellie of the North

Phoenixville, PA

#7 Jan 10, 2007
He led three laps (under yellow) at Chicagoland Speedway when he drove for Andretti-Green. I was at that race.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Tomas Scheckter Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News MILLER: iRacing's Virtual Pro Race of Champions II (Dec '12) Dec '12 Sakkie 1
News Scheckter returns to IndyCar Series (May '09) May '09 derschu 1
News Jan. 7: On Detroit, Montreal and Houston (Jan '09) Jan '09 zak 1
News Looking Back: 2008 IndyCar Season Finale At Chi... (Sep '08) Sep '08 Lets go racing 1
News Detroit Belle Island 2008 (Aug '08) Aug '08 mindy 76
News Despite all he and his crew did leading up to S... (Jun '08) Jun '08 Lets go racing 1
News Youthful Pair Sweeps...Graham Rahal on Pole nex... (May '08) May '08 Lets go racing 1
More from around the web