Third female driver to race in Indy

Third female driver to race in Indy

There are 72 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Mar 23, 2007, titled Third female driver to race in Indy. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

The Indy Racing League will have three female drivers for most of the 2007 season after an announcement Friday that Milka Duno will drive in 10 IRL races.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
SuziQ

Charleston, SC

#73 Mar 27, 2007
The Weathermen wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I'm a real weatherman, you weatherist.
LMAO.. my true colors are reveal..a weatherist.
Does that mean I discriminate against those that weather?
Serge A Storms

Chicago, IL

#74 Mar 27, 2007
Krissi C wrote:
pigs
Hey baby.
The Weathermen

Crown Point, IN

#75 Mar 27, 2007
SuziQ wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO.. my true colors are reveal..a weatherist.
Does that mean I discriminate against those that weather?
I'll bet you wouldn't even rent a room to one who weathers.

And actually, I didn't even mean what I said earlier about the three women. I just thought it sounded funny (and you have to admit that it was funny when they did crash into each other a few years back.)

I'm not a sexist. I know what it's like to suffer discrimination because I weather.

Since: Mar 07

Charleston, SC

#76 Mar 27, 2007
The Weathermen wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll bet you wouldn't even rent a room to one who weathers.
And actually, I didn't even mean what I said earlier about the three women. I just thought it sounded funny (and you have to admit that it was funny when they did crash into each other a few years back.)
I'm not a sexist. I know what it's like to suffer discrimination because I weather.
You forget..I'm a woman..I don't have to admit anything..lol ;)
And I would rent a room to one who weathers.. as long as you weather well.. like fine leather.

For some reason, I keep thinking about this song..
John

Carmel, IN

#77 Mar 27, 2007
Peter Fitzwell wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, white trash like Juan Pablo Montoya...who, if I recall, came over to play in the IRL a few years back and put on quite a school for all of those interesting and exciting IRL rookies. I'm not sure if you can call something exciting when you take a bunch of identically prepared cars with identical engines, a FEW talented drivers and a whole bunch of field fillers, and get excited when the FEW talented ones finish in the top 5 within a second of each other while the rest crash each other out every week...sounds a lot like what NASCAR tries to achieve at Daytona and Talladega twice a year with the retarded restrictor plates.
Me likee IRL. No matter the competitiveness, Nascar is hayseeds and rubes. A drawl is like nails on the chalkboard to me. The foreign contingent in the IRL adds spiciness and fun and respectability. On the other hand, Tony Stewart adds Goober with a social disorder.
The Weathermen

Crown Point, IN

#78 Mar 27, 2007
You are cool. Seriously. Great clip.

How about these lyrics (altered slightly for contextual reasons):

I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line
Ive been meaning to phone you but from minnesota
Hell its been a very long time
You weather it well
A little old fashioned but thats all right
Dicks Face

Elmhurst, IL

#80 Mar 27, 2007
I was holding my breath that I wouldn't read this sort of hill-jack crap on an Indycar thread...alas...

Citgo was born an American company, started by Americans, who sold out to the Venezuelan government. So where's your venom for them, first of all?

Citgo employs over 4,000 Americans to this day. Furthermore, ANY gasoline pump you pull up to in America contains at least SOME crude oil from Venezuela. So your money still goes to Hugo Chavez. All the oil companies buy at least some of their crude from him.

So, unless you're willing to go horse and buggy...LAY OFF THIS WONDERFUL YOUNG WOMAN! She has FOUR advanced engineering degrees, she's got to have at least SOME talent in a race car, and she deserves our warm welcome to Indycar racing. Don't be a narrow-minded, nascar dick!

We should also pray that she's safe and not over her head in these cars.
Merle A wrote:
CITGO - I receive nothing but bad grades for this company & not to buy their products. This is reportedly an "Anti-American" organization headed by President Chavez of Venezuela who is reportedly spreading the "HATE AMERICA" message to other South American Countries.
If the reports are true, I question why such a firm would be allowed to sponsor anything in the USA.
cara de pinga

Northbrook, IL

#82 Mar 27, 2007
I'm afraid we'll have to be embarrassed in the stands at Indy, Milka, with a few of the red-neck-dick contingency. Rest assured they're in the majority over at Napcar, but the minority here in openwheel.
gimme a break wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, it does matter. You must be a communist sympathizer.
At best, you're an idiot from Michigan.

Charleston, SC

#83 Mar 27, 2007
The Weathermen wrote:
You are cool. Seriously. Great clip.
How about these lyrics (altered slightly for contextual reasons):
I had nothing to do on this hot afternoon
But to settle down and write you a line
Ive been meaning to phone you but from minnesota
Hell its been a very long time
You weather it well
A little old fashioned but thats all right
LOL..this song is familiar.. ah, yes..Rod Stewart
we should all hope to weather well..
So how's the weather in Indy?
The Weathermen

Crown Point, IN

#84 Mar 27, 2007
SuziQ wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL..this song is familiar.. ah, yes..Rod Stewart
we should all hope to weather well..
So how's the weather in Indy?
I'd tell you, but you wouldn't believe me anyway. Remember? I guess we can't date then since you're not in Indy. Long term internet relationships just don't work. Oh well, I'll just have to keep my eye out for you on Indystar.com .

Lenoir City, TN

#85 Mar 27, 2007
The Weathermen wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd tell you, but you wouldn't believe me anyway. Remember? I guess we can't date then since you're not in Indy. Long term internet relationships just don't work. Oh well, I'll just have to keep my eye out for you on Indystar.com .
Your right.. but at least, we can remember these little moments.. besides my husband doesn't let me date anymore..the nerve of him..lol :)
MsFerrari2003

Grand Rapids, MI

#86 Apr 11, 2007
gimme a break wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, it does matter. You must be a communist sympathizer.
At best, you're an idiot from Michigan.
Ahem, just because my ISP is from Michigan, doesn't mean I'm from Michigan...or an idiot, for that matter.(For the record, I have nothing against those from Michigan.)

Communist sympathizer? No. I'm just some gal that enjoys racing at all levels and I think it's great that ladies, in general, are getting more involved. That's all. I don't care who the sponsors are or where they are from, I just want to see some racing!

So, I think your assumption was slightly inappropriate and I believe I may be owed an appology for being called an "idiot".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sarah Fisher Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Grand Prix Notebook: Rahal-Andretti Fued After ... (Apr '12) Apr '12 F1 Funatic 1
News History lesson: The Women of Indy (Jun '11) Jun '11 pennrandall 1
News Auto racing: Rahal happy with second in Sao Pao... (May '11) May '11 FreeloaderFred 1
News Rahal finishes second in rain-postponed Sao Pau... (May '11) May '11 F1 Funatic 4
News Auto racing | IndyCar: Rahal excited about new ... (Mar '11) Mar '11 I have some doubts 3
News 24 Hours of Daytona: Rahal matches dad's 1981 w... (Jan '11) Feb '11 I am Indy 3
News Auto racing | IndyCar: Rahal eager to work with... (Dec '10) Dec '10 TimL 9
More from around the web