Honda TV spot debut surprises IRL's F...

Honda TV spot debut surprises IRL's Fisher

There are 40 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Sep 26, 2007, titled Honda TV spot debut surprises IRL's Fisher. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Helio Castroneves wasn't the only Indy-car driver to make a national television appearance this week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Sarah slowing down

United States

#25 Sep 27, 2007
That robot was getting action shots in the last race. It passed her twice and got that second shot in to use on the commercial.

Since: Jul 07

Indianapolis, IN

#26 Sep 27, 2007
"What the hell?" C'on Sarah! You can give us a better quote than that. Is that what Butler taught you? Charm us; don't reveal some of your NASCAR-West bad habits.
Chad

Louisville, KY

#27 Sep 27, 2007
BUDDY RICE wrote:
why is honda using sarah fisher? her career ended with the last race in chicago. she finished on the lead lap once this entire year and most races she was mulitple laps down while running (no mechanical issues). she is horrible, scared, and should not be out on the track. she was a road block for the rest of the field and the only reason she was out there is: low car count and exploitation.
Exploitation, no she is well paid, low car count, no that would make it more difficult to obtain a ride.
Chad

Louisville, KY

#28 Sep 27, 2007
BUDDY RICE wrote:
<quoted text>
FYI...Champ Car cancelled 17% of it's races this year. they are no better off than the IRL.
I think it is safe to say the CCWS is in far worse shape than the IRL. That is a large part of the reason a merger will not happen. The CCWS would add very little to the IRL.
Chad

Louisville, KY

#29 Sep 27, 2007
stew pit wrote:
<quoted text>
Congratulations!
Your last post just earned you the title of Gomertard.
You now qualify to join the IRL DownsForce fan club where you will intermingle with dozens of others just like you and be given one free tour of the IMS facilities on tOneYs short bus driven by his very own inheritor....Speshul Ed.
May the DownsForce be with you!
Sorry stew-pit, but he is right and you are wrong. The only engine anyone wanted was the Honda, so why hang around and produce an expensive product no one wants to lease. See unlike NASCAR a real racing series realizes the engine choice in an important consideration and the correct choices should be rewarded. NASCAR on the other hand just evens everything out by penalizing intelligence and innovation. Of course their target market would never notice anyway.
Get Down with Sartre

Milford, CT

#30 Sep 27, 2007
Scott Chandler wrote:
Anything to boost Indycar is great , sick and tired of all the NASCRAP hipe .
It's spelled "hype". Learn to spell before you speak out again.
Get Down with Sartre

Milford, CT

#31 Sep 27, 2007
Chad wrote:
<quoted text>I think it is safe to say the CCWS is in far worse shape than the IRL. That is a large part of the reason a merger will not happen. The CCWS would add very little to the IRL.
But from a marketing perception sense, a merger would make sense. Tony George's quest to put his competition completely out of business is almost akin to Inspector Javert chasing down Jean Valjean for decades. The corporate dollars see a fractured sport whose main benefactor is more concerned with settling grudges than with growing or unifying his sport. Unless Tony George is removed, open-wheel racing will cease to exist within a decade.
INDY 300 CCWS style

Indianapolis, IN

#32 Sep 27, 2007
Chad wrote:
<quoted text>I think it is safe to say the CCWS is in far worse shape than the IRL. That is a large part of the reason a merger will not happen. The CCWS would add very little to the IRL.
Actually it was the CCWS that saved the IRL from implosion in 2000 when TCGR brought back excitement to the 500 in the form of their CART success and JPM's pure dominance in "the cars so easy to drive your grandmother could drive one".

CCWS at this point no longer cares to entertain tOney gOrGes ill conceived folly and quite frankly rescue them again.
Hell, even a Judge in a court of Law ruled against tOneY gOrGe and determined him to be an unfit leader with bad intentions.

So while you lemming type, kool aid chugging, IRL locksteppers say the CCWS is in worse shape, I believe your little League gone astray is long over and done with....mercifully and thankfully nobody got killed or maimed too severely in the catapaulting crap shuttles.....and The Champ Car World Series is still racing internationally.

For more information on the series that is still racing this year and doing so in front of hundreds of thousands of fans, visit:

www.champcarworldseries.com .

Next up: The Lexmark INDY 300 from the Gold Coast of Australia.

....snicker...Indy 300...snicker....Indy 300... Indy Racing courtesy of Champ Car...Bwahahahaha!

“Waiting to inhale”

Since: Feb 07

Chicago

#34 Sep 27, 2007
Devotion to accuracy: It was actually CART, not CCWS, that slowly re-entered the Indy 500 beginning in 1998 with Robby Gordon. Then Ganassi was the first break-away major CART team owner to recoginize that you have to race at the Brickyard in this sport or you're just jergin off.

My guess: Robert Clarke is hanging around the CCWS paddock to convince KK that the North American market is Honda's biggest market; CCWS is not IN the North American market any longer...and he should fold up his tent and take HIS engine company over to the IRL in order to start some real, major league open wheel competition again.

As one of my favorite fellow posters would say..."just one man's guess..."
INDY 300 CCWS style wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually it was the CCWS that saved the IRL from implosion in 2000 when TCGR brought back excitement to the 500 in the form of their CART success and JPM's pure dominance in "the cars so easy to drive your grandmother could drive one".
CCWS at this point no longer cares to entertain tOney gOrGes ill conceived folly and quite frankly rescue them again.
Hell, even a Judge in a court of Law ruled against tOneY gOrGe and determined him to be an unfit leader with bad intentions.
So while you lemming type, kool aid chugging, IRL locksteppers say the CCWS is in worse shape, I believe your little League gone astray is long over and done with....mercifully and thankfully nobody got killed or maimed too severely in the catapaulting crap shuttles.....and The Champ Car World Series is still racing internationally.
For more information on the series that is still racing this year and doing so in front of hundreds of thousands of fans, visit:
www.champcarworldseries.com .
Next up: The Lexmark INDY 300 from the Gold Coast of Australia.
....snicker...Indy 300...snicker....Indy 300... Indy Racing courtesy of Champ Car...Bwahahahaha!
mikeys trainer

Indianapolis, IN

#35 Sep 27, 2007
Indycarmike57 wrote:
Devotion to accuracy: It was actually CART, not CCWS, that slowly re-entered the Indy 500 beginning in 1998 with Robby Gordon. Then Ganassi was the first break-away major CART team owner to recoginize that you have to race at the Brickyard in this sport or you're just jergin off.
My guess: Robert Clarke is hanging around the CCWS paddock to convince KK that the North American market is Honda's biggest market; CCWS is not IN the North American market any longer...and he should fold up his tent and take HIS engine company over to the IRL in order to start some real, major league open wheel competition again.
As one of my favorite fellow posters would say..."just one man's guess..."
<quoted text>
since you're nitpickin...

I said CART.. ubumbledick.

And actually Chip was just toying with the earl dogsled mushers by stealing their prize from them like candy from a bunch of whiny babies and awarding it to his CEO buddy at Target.

And your smokin some IRL issue opium if you're believing the misinformationaganda you're spewing about CCWS not being a North American series.

Indytardmike.....the HQ of the Worlds Greatest Open Wheel Series, The CCWS, is a stones throw from the spudway, as you well know.

C'mon...is this the best you can do trying to yank a chain?

Hey do you not know that you post underneath the post you're quoting from??

Take it really slow CARTmikey...we'll help you get there.

“Deport All Illegal Aliens!!”

Since: Jul 07

Speedway, Indiana

#36 Sep 27, 2007
stew pit wrote:
<quoted text>
Congratulations!
Your last post just earned you the title of Gomertard.
You now qualify to join the IRL DownsForce fan club where you will intermingle with dozens of others just like you and be given one free tour of the IMS facilities on tOneYs short bus driven by his very own inheritor....Speshul Ed.
May the DownsForce be with you!
Is your post name really Stew Pit or are you just unable to spell stupid?!?!?

Ski

“Is It Friday Yet?????”

Since: May 07

Smalltown New York

#37 Sep 27, 2007
mikeys trainer wrote:
<quoted text>
And actually Chip was just toying with the earl dogsled mushers by stealing their prize from them like candy from a bunch of whiny babies and awarding it to his CEO buddy at Target.
And your smokin some IRL issue opium if you're believing the misinformationaganda you're spewing about CCWS not being a North American series.
Indytardmike.....the HQ of the Worlds Greatest Open Wheel Series, The CCWS, is a stones throw from the spudway, as you well know.
Hey Lurker...
Slow day in the basement? No more mouse turds to munch on? Just remember, some of those nuggets you are gnawing at may be rat poison your mom put down to rid her home of pests. On second thought...maybe she was including you in the list of pests to be gotten rid of. Go ahead and chew away.
Leave the conversing to the adults please. We won't even miss you.
Rob Schetty

Edison, NJ

#38 Sep 27, 2007
This is all nice but shouldn't Honda be back in Japan preparing for the Japanese Formula One race this weekend?
-Robert Schetty

“Waiting to inhale”

Chicago

#40 Sep 27, 2007
You lost me, buddy...maybe I need to go back to that '70's opium (where did you say cart???????)
mikeys trainer wrote:
<quoted text>

“Waiting to inhale”

Chicago

#41 Sep 27, 2007
Devotion to Accuracy Department II:

OK, my man...see how an adult admits his mistake? I get it now. I guess you caught me skimming your posts instead of reading them and studying them carefully. Not nice on my part...

(You still forgot Robby Gordon!!! Bwahahahaha!!!!)
INDY 300 CCWS style wrote:
<quoted text>
in the form of their CART success ...Bwahahahaha!
Marco

Carmel, IN

#42 Sep 27, 2007
I'd lap her.
Dario wrote:
The last time I saw Sarah she was being lapped.
Emma

Manhattan Beach, CA

#43 Sep 27, 2007
Helio can dance well on Dancing with the Stars. He could win it.

Since: Aug 07

AOL

#45 Sep 30, 2007
indyfan wrote:
The last time I saw Sarah she was on the track and YOU weren't.
Oh yeah love it, lol

Since: Aug 07

AOL

#46 Sep 30, 2007
Tony wrote:
<quoted text>Hey, imitation is the best form of flattery. They haven't cancelled that race yet have they?
Cha ching :)
Michael

Tracy, CA

#47 Oct 28, 2007
Buddy Rice - you are obviously NOT Buddy Rice because if you were you would admit Sarah came damned close to MATCHING you in the entire season with the #2 car in a piece-of-shit team. Go look at the lower levels - like the sprint cars. When Sarah is given decent equipment - she'll kick your ASS. Even Jeff Gorden can't win if he's given crap to drive.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sarah Fisher Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Grand Prix Notebook: Rahal-Andretti Fued After ... (Apr '12) Apr '12 F1 Funatic 1
News History lesson: The Women of Indy (Jun '11) Jun '11 pennrandall 1
News Auto racing: Rahal happy with second in Sao Pao... (May '11) May '11 FreeloaderFred 1
News Rahal finishes second in rain-postponed Sao Pau... (May '11) May '11 F1 Funatic 4
News Auto racing | IndyCar: Rahal excited about new ... (Mar '11) Mar '11 I have some doubts 3
News 24 Hours of Daytona: Rahal matches dad's 1981 w... (Jan '11) Feb '11 I am Indy 3
News Auto racing | IndyCar: Rahal eager to work with... (Dec '10) Dec '10 TimL 9
More from around the web