Honda TV spot debut surprises IRL's Fisher

Helio Castroneves wasn't the only Indy-car driver to make a national television appearance this week. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Whiskey Falls

Pryor, OK

#2 Sep 27, 2007
She was also good in the AAMCO commercial with Whiskey Falls. More exposure for her, more exposure for the band too.
Scott Chandler

Lexington, KY

#4 Sep 27, 2007
Anything to boost Indycar is great , sick and tired of all the NASCRAP hipe .
indyfan

United States

#5 Sep 27, 2007
Woooooooooooooooooo! Finally some promotion. we need this kind of exposure to influence the Nielson family pop culture lemmings into actually watching some RACING and not a drama filled production called NASCAB.
Bob of Nobletuckey

Collinsville, MS

#6 Sep 27, 2007
Honda must be trying to market to retiress w/ Sarah on the commercial. Maybe she can land a sponsorship w/ AARP next.
Dario

United States

#7 Sep 27, 2007
The last time I saw Sarah she was being lapped.
indyfan

United States

#8 Sep 27, 2007
The last time I saw Sarah she was on the track and YOU weren't.
Dario Flipped

Indianapolis, IN

#9 Sep 27, 2007
indyfan wrote:
The last time I saw Sarah she was on the track and YOU weren't.
OUCH!

hear the sizzle...smell the burn...
HomerHutch

Collinsville, MS

#10 Sep 27, 2007
Scott Chandler wrote:
Anything to boost Indycar is great , sick and tired of all the NASCRAP hipe .
"Hipe?"

Spell much, southern Hoosier?

Ski

“Is It Friday Yet?????”

Since: May 07

Smalltown New York

#11 Sep 27, 2007
HomerHutch wrote:
<quoted text>
"Hipe?"
Spell much, southern Hoosier?
Lurker...dental hygienist and english taecher. You spend too much time under the stairs.
BUDDY RICE

Indianapolis, IN

#12 Sep 27, 2007
why is honda using sarah fisher? her career ended with the last race in chicago. she finished on the lead lap once this entire year and most races she was mulitple laps down while running (no mechanical issues). she is horrible, scared, and should not be out on the track. she was a road block for the rest of the field and the only reason she was out there is: low car count and exploitation.
HoMoCo Go Go

Indianapolis, IN

#13 Sep 27, 2007
BUDDY RICE wrote:
why is honda using sarah fisher? her career ended with the last race in chicago. she finished on the lead lap once this entire year and most races she was mulitple laps down while running (no mechanical issues). she is horrible, scared, and should not be out on the track. she was a road block for the rest of the field and the only reason she was out there is: low car count and exploitation.
Because she symobolizes Honda's involvement with the IRL coming to a screeching halt.

It's actually brilliant marketing on their part. It fulfills a contractual obligation and sends a message to tOneY gOrgE that they like competition and they aren't getting it in the IRL so they will take their yEn over to ALMS(moreso) and eventually to the hallowed land of marketing and competition, Nascar.

Robert Clarke can be found at all Champ Car races these days so I'd expect an announcement there as well.

“Deport All Illegal Aliens!!”

Since: Jul 07

Speedway, Indiana

#15 Sep 27, 2007
And why is Honda the sole supplier to the IRL? Toyota and Chevrolet could not compete with them so they pulled out. And that is Honda's fault?!? Come back and compete, you cowards.
BUDDY RICE

Indianapolis, IN

#16 Sep 27, 2007
HoMoCo Go Go wrote:
<quoted text>
Because she symobolizes Honda's involvement with the IRL coming to a screeching halt.
It's actually brilliant marketing on their part. It fulfills a contractual obligation and sends a message to tOneY gOrgE that they like competition and they aren't getting it in the IRL so they will take their yEn over to ALMS(moreso) and eventually to the hallowed land of marketing and competition, Nascar.
Robert Clarke can be found at all Champ Car races these days so I'd expect an announcement there as well.
FYI...Champ Car cancelled 17% of it's races this year. they are no better off than the IRL.

“Waiting to inhale”

Since: Feb 07

Chicago

#17 Sep 27, 2007
If Honda goes to CCWS I'll proclaim Lurker King of all Posters. Lurker King...I'll take fries and pull over to the side while you drop a hot order for me.

“Waiting to inhale”

Since: Feb 07

Chicago

#18 Sep 27, 2007
Are there really better human beings?
Glad wrote:
Glad Honda chose the Sara over Danica-nt. Sara is a better human being.
King

Indianapolis, IN

#20 Sep 27, 2007
Indycarmike57 wrote:
If Honda goes to CCWS I'll proclaim Lurker King of all Posters. Lurker King...I'll take fries and pull over to the side while you drop a hot order for me.
Lurk-a-size it baby!

For more information on where to find Robert Clarke at future races and if you are a real open wheel fan with a desire to still watch actual racing THIS year ( if your "leeg" has closed shop and shut down prematurely...again) then I invite you to visit:

www.champcarworldseries.com

Next up: The Lexmark INDY 300 from the sun drenched, bikini wonderland, beautiful Gold Coast of Australia.

Hey...ChampCar is rightfully using the INDY moniker....Bwahahahahaha!
cooper

Indianapolis, IN

#21 Sep 27, 2007
Glad wrote:
Glad Honda chose the Sara over Danica-nt. Sara is a better human being.
i like both....
please explain how sara is a"better" human being than danica.
i know sara seems "sweet" and she probably is. also that danica is under much more pressure in every way. it seems no one cares if sara finishes many laps down....but yet all everyone talks about is how danica hasn't won yet. i am just happy to have them both.
stew pit

Indianapolis, IN

#22 Sep 27, 2007
SWT-500 wrote:
And why is Honda the sole supplier to the IRL? Toyota and Chevrolet could not compete with them so they pulled out. And that is Honda's fault?!? Come back and compete, you cowards.
Congratulations!

Your last post just earned you the title of Gomertard.

You now qualify to join the IRL DownsForce fan club where you will intermingle with dozens of others just like you and be given one free tour of the IMS facilities on tOneYs short bus driven by his very own inheritor....Speshul Ed.

May the DownsForce be with you!

Ski

“Is It Friday Yet?????”

Since: May 07

Smalltown New York

#23 Sep 27, 2007
King wrote:
<quoted text>
Lurk-a-size it baby!
For more information on where to find Robert Clarke at future races and if you are a real open wheel fan with a desire to still watch actual racing THIS year ( if your "leeg" has closed shop and shut down prematurely...again) then I invite you to visit:
www.champcarworldseries.com
Next up: The Lexmark INDY 300 from the sun drenched, bikini wonderland, beautiful Gold Coast of Australia.
Hey...ChampCar is rightfully using the INDY moniker....Bwahahahahaha!
Come On Garrett!!! I thought we went over this before. You will never promote your CCWS by advertising on an internet forum. That is why you lost your last race this year.

P.S. How's that new Panoz chassis on the back?
Neil

Raleigh, NC

#24 Sep 27, 2007
I wish there was more than a glimpse of it. I had to rewind the commercial to tell who it was in the garage.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sarah Fisher Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Grand Prix Notebook: Rahal-Andretti Fued After ... (Apr '12) Apr '12 F1 Funatic 1
History lesson: The Women of Indy (Jun '11) Jun '11 pennrandall 1
Auto racing: Rahal happy with second in Sao Pao... (May '11) May '11 FreeloaderFred 1
Rahal finishes second in rain-postponed Sao Pau... (May '11) May '11 F1 Funatic 4
Auto racing | IndyCar: Rahal excited about new ... (Mar '11) Mar '11 I have some doubts 3
24 Hours of Daytona: Rahal matches dad's 1981 w... (Jan '11) Feb '11 I am Indy 3
Auto racing | IndyCar: Rahal eager to work with... (Dec '10) Dec '10 TimL 9
More from around the web