Promotions off and running

Full story: Long Beach Press-Telegram

Throughout downtown, "Welcome Race Fans" banners deck restaurants. Along Broadway, bars are festooned with checkered flags.
Comments
1 - 5 of 5 Comments Last updated Apr 15, 2009
GasPassEr

Raleigh, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2009

Judged:

Nice
Jim P

Fredericksburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2009

Judged:

And those of with any brains stay way the heck away from downtown...too many "race fans" think they are also race drivers and that traffic laws don't apply to them and the city seems to encourage it. Go stand along Broadway down at about Magnolia (right by where the LBPD detectives park their cars in the bus stop for weeks at a time "because I'm a cop, that's why"...genuine answer when I asked why) and count the number of serious moving violations per hour..."Red lights? We don't heed no stinkin' red lights...we're here to partay man!"

“**************** **”

Since: Dec 08

Mooresville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2009

heed partay
you've partied
to much
crazy
LBFamily

Long Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2009

Hey Jim P, does the P stand for, prude, party pooper, or P i s s e d at the world...relax, it is just one weekend a year.

And hey, "you knew there was a race track there when you bought downtown."
J-Koo

Iowa City, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2009

Hey, it's Scott Dixon, not Scott "Dickson"

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Team Rahal Discussions

Search the Team Rahal Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Grand Prix Notebook: Rahal-Andretti Fued After ... (Apr '12) Apr '12 F1 Funatic 1
IndyCar returns to Milwaukee, but crowds dont (Jun '11) Jun '11 Cindy Horath 1
Auto racing: Rahal happy with second in Sao Pao... (May '11) May '11 FreeloaderFred 1
Rahal finishes second in rain-postponed Sao Pau... (May '11) May '11 F1 Funatic 4
Auto racing | IndyCar: Rahal excited about new ... (Mar '11) Mar '11 I have some doubts 3
24 Hours of Daytona: Rahal matches dad's 1981 w... (Jan '11) Feb '11 I am Indy 3
Auto racing | IndyCar: Rahal eager to work with... (Dec '10) Dec '10 TimL 9
•••
•••
•••