IndyCar series expects close, exciting racing again this season

It's hard to imagine any closer competition in the IndyCar series than last season, when the championship was decided on the last lap of the last race -- and then a tiebreaker. Full Story
American

South Vienna, OH

#2 Mar 8, 2007
Come on, Star, quit shilling for this crapola low-talent, second-rung series.

The IRL was the answer to the question nobody asked, and over ten years after its unwanted formation, it has never made a nickel, and the Indy 500 now gets worse ratings than 2/3 of the NASCAR schedule.

Tony George is a failure, as is his lamentable series.

It's time to pull the plug on the IRL, or CARTLite, as it should properly be called.
Dumb Redneck

San Francisco, CA

#3 Mar 8, 2007
American wrote:
The IRL was the answer to the question nobody asked, and over ten years after its unwanted formation, it has never made a nickel, and the Indy 500 now gets worse ratings than 2/3 of the NASCAR schedule.
It's time to pull the plug on the IRL, or CARTLite, as it should properly be called.
Agreed. NASCAR with wings, except there are only half the amount of cars. Thank god they changed the wing angle for more side by side racing. Remember when the 500 was about inovation & balls? That's okay, no one else does either. Maybe this year will be the year that a car makes it into the stands and takes out a handful of fans. Don't lament the loss though. At least they'll die doing what they loved.
unbelievable

Jeffersonville, IN

#4 Mar 8, 2007
its time to just shut down both open wheel series - no one cares anymore
Old Fan

United States

#5 Mar 8, 2007
Did anyone clear this story with Robin Miller?
amazing

Belle Vernon, PA

#6 Mar 9, 2007
Same people posting the same uneducated comments about something they know nothing about. Get on with your perfect lives.
Open Wheeler

Baden, PA

#7 Mar 9, 2007
Dumb Redneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. NASCAR with wings, except there are only half the amount of cars. Thank god they changed the wing angle for more side by side racing. Remember when the 500 was about inovation & balls? That's okay, no one else does either. Maybe this year will be the year that a car makes it into the stands and takes out a handful of fans. Don't lament the loss though. At least they'll die doing what they loved.
There you have it. The dumb ol' redneck hoping fans at IMS die as a car jumps into the stands. Can any comment, any thought sum up the napcar crowd from the rest of us humans. Did you ever notice some people aren't happy unless they are absolutly miserable?
Clay

AOL

#8 Mar 10, 2007
American wrote:
YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY RIGHT! I often wonder why Tony's mother and sisters don't take his expensive IRL toy away from him!
KJKolar

Union, IL

#9 Mar 10, 2007
Actually, you're absolutely wrong, American. Despite what all you defeatists snipe about, you're fighting a lost cause. There is no CART, it ain't comin' back, and the remnant is on its last legs. The IRL IS open-wheel racing now, and either you embrace it, or you watch ... I don't know, NASCAR? Or nothing.

Go to it, then, I say. Whine all you want about the way things used to be, but the IRL is the present day reality, and the only future. And as much as y'all hate it, I love it, cuz it's tons of fun to watch!. And I'm sure I'm not the only one. And whatever sophistry you spew, it ain't gonna change that.
Rocketman

Annapolis, MD

#11 Mar 11, 2007
KJKolar wrote:
The IRL IS open-wheel racing now, and either you embrace it, or you watch ... I don't know, NASCAR?
After ten years, the split is meaningless to the fan base. Both series ought to move on, wish the other well, and get on with peddling their own product.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Panther Racing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Meira Ready For First Win (Apr '08) Feb '14 Triple C 2
Danica Patrick: 7 Reasons Her Move to NASCAR Ha... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Barr 3
Dario Franchitti has his third Indianapolis 500... (May '12) May '12 Sons of Liberty 2
Danica at 30: From NASCAR novelty to winner? (Mar '12) Mar '12 big 3 5
IndyCar removes Barnhart from race control (Nov '11) Feb '12 acrim 3
Jimmie Johnson calls on IndyCar to quit ovals (Oct '11) Feb '12 Hunglo 5
Power set for 2012 after tragedy (Jan '12) Feb '12 Jeff 3

Panther Racing People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE