IRL fines Matsuura for his foul language

Panther Racing driver Kosuke Matsuura was fined an undisclosed amount by the Indy Racing League for foul language he used in television and radio interviews Sunday at the Honda Grand Prix of St. Full Story

SPM

Since: Jan 07

Indianapolis, Indiana

#1 Apr 4, 2007
I kinda thought he cussed on the broadcast but was not sure. His english leaves a lot of questionable words in there.
IRL weaksauce

United States

#2 Apr 4, 2007
undisclosed amount????

that is weak weak weak by the IRL.

dale jr got a large announced fine and probation by nascar forsaying sh*t on air.

kosucke dropped major F bombs.

shame on you IRL. you are spineless.
legion

United States

#3 Apr 4, 2007
Sticks and stones.

Was Simmons penalized?
He's going to hurt someone.
Still Watches

Elmhurst, IL

#4 Apr 4, 2007
Hobbs, Indiana does protest but apparently doesn't miss a lap...
SidRGurney

Pompano Beach, FL

#5 Apr 4, 2007
The IRL fine to Matsuura, whatever the amount was, doesn't mean a darn thing to the rich kid. What would mean something significant is for all race fans in general, and all IRL fans in particular, to boycott Panasonic brand products for the rest of the year. That would get everyone's attention. Maybe Panther should fine Matsuura like Tony Stewart was punished by JD Gibbs Racing and The Home Depot a couple of years ago.
hey

Indianapolis, IN

#6 Apr 4, 2007
Go IRL, Who cares about that story anyway.
champcarfan in denial

Indianapolis, IN

#7 Apr 4, 2007
IRL weaksauce wrote:
undisclosed amount????

that is weak weak weak by the IRL.
shame on you IRL. you are spineless.
"weak" and "spineless" because they didn't disclose the amount? LOL

I'm wouldn't use NASCAB as a measuring stick, after all its nothing but WWF on wheels...
Richard Ginn

Clay, NY

#8 Apr 4, 2007
Why an undisclosed amount????

NASCAR was fully upfront with the fines and penalties that the Michael Waltrip camp got at the start of the season.
small details

Indianapolis, IN

#10 Apr 4, 2007
who cares how much he was fined?
and it really doesn't matter that CRASHCAR released fines amounts.
he was fined, let it go, let's get back to racing.
hey

Indianapolis, IN

#11 Apr 4, 2007
Has the Sultan been the recepient? After all you do live in the hotbed for such activity.
Scott

Indianapolis, IN

#12 Apr 4, 2007
Richard Ginn wrote:
Why an undisclosed amount????

NASCAR was fully upfront with the fines and penalties that the Michael Waltrip camp got at the start of the season.
Because the IRL NEVER discloses the amounts of fines. They just don't. However, that being said, rumor has it that past fines have been quite large ($50K+).
LARRY

Tulsa, OK

#13 Apr 4, 2007
" NASCAB "" ?? thats funny...can I use it without royalties??
Larry
LARRY

Tulsa, OK

#14 Apr 4, 2007
I don't think he should be fined at all...thats what they get for sticking a mic in his face after a crash... reality baby!!!
larry
heres the deel

Mount Eden, KY

#15 Apr 4, 2007
panther couldn't afoord the fine. theyr are alaredy on toney gorges payroll because i know my dad works there and his checks come from mr george.
they just ssaid they got a fine and matsura dosn't have to pay it. barhart was laughfing with him about it because he didnt know that fuk was a bad word in engrish. he just thougt it meant like pissed off.
plus they cant do nothin to him anyways since hes goin to japan for the next race and the irl needs him bad there and honda would be pissed.
barnhart is really cool.
Scott

Indianapolis, IN

#17 Apr 5, 2007
LARRY wrote:
" NASCAB "" ?? thats funny...can I use it without royalties??
Larry
Yes, unless the NFL owns it.
Corn pone and cornbread

Mount Prospect, IL

#18 Apr 6, 2007
The Sultan of Snipe wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical Indiana ingornance.
"You tell me whar a man gits his corn pone, en I'll tell you what his 'pinions is." - Mark Twain

Funny, California has a different spelling for ignorance. Are you sure California is a virtual nation state? The dictionary I bought in Indiana says a nation state is an "autonomous state inhabited predominantly by a people sharing a common culture, history, and language." Given California's diversity, I don't think that works. One last thing, corn pone is cornbread that is made without milk or eggs. It comes baked or fried and it is a Southern food. Calling Indiana people cornbread might work better, although people from California like cornbread with their chili, so that is really not an insult.

Anyway, back on topic. I like Kosuke and I am pretty sure he didn't realize the f-word was English. When I was stationed in Japan, I saw kids with f-word patches on their backpacks, when I told them what it meant, it was usually gone the next day. They thought English words were cool, but they didn't always know what things meant. It is kinda (for people in California that means "kind of") like people in the United States, who get tattoos of Chinese characters, but don't know what they mean. Fortunately, Kosuke's English is pretty rough, so I don't think most kids caught it.
Wishin U really knew

United States

#19 Apr 10, 2007
After reading this little tid bit you masterfully wrote.. Are you a Nascar Fan by chance ?
heres the deel wrote:
panther couldn't afoord the fine. theyr are alaredy on toney gorges payroll because i know my dad works there and his checks come from mr george.
they just ssaid they got a fine and matsura dosn't have to pay it. barhart was laughfing with him about it because he didnt know that fuk was a bad word in engrish. he just thougt it meant like pissed off.
plus they cant do nothin to him anyways since hes goin to japan for the next race and the irl needs him bad there and honda would be pissed.
barnhart is really cool.
IRL Fan

Oswego, IL

#21 Apr 12, 2007
I would say that Kosuke's English skills are better than yours.
heres the deel wrote:
barnhart is really cool.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Panther Racing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Meira Ready For First Win (Apr '08) Feb '14 Triple C 2
Danica Patrick: 7 Reasons Her Move to NASCAR Ha... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Barr 3
Dario Franchitti has his third Indianapolis 500... (May '12) May '12 Sons of Liberty 2
Danica at 30: From NASCAR novelty to winner? (Mar '12) Mar '12 big 3 5
IndyCar removes Barnhart from race control (Nov '11) Feb '12 acrim 3
Jimmie Johnson calls on IndyCar to quit ovals (Oct '11) Feb '12 Hunglo 5
Power set for 2012 after tragedy (Jan '12) Feb '12 Jeff 3

Panther Racing People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE