NASCAR won't be good for Danica's soc...

NASCAR won't be good for Danica's social life

There are 15 comments on the autos.canada.com story from Jul 13, 2009, titled NASCAR won't be good for Danica's social life. In it, autos.canada.com reports that:

A move to NASCAR could bear fruit for Danica Patrick, but the punishing stock car schedule may not appeal to motor sport's best known woman driver, according to Indy car team owner Michael Andretti.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at autos.canada.com.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#2 Jul 14, 2009
Andretti should know her preety good by now.
I am hearing AGR is going to do a big overhaul
at years end.
My friend works for them and he said a lot of
changes are on the way.
They need changes if they plan on ever beating
Penske and Ole Chip's bunch.
WWE NASCAR

Florham Park, NJ

#3 Jul 14, 2009
NASCAR can promote a Danica / Jr love affair. The fans love that stuff more than the race. I can see the headlines now: "Danica and Jr caught slapping bellies in the #88 hauler after yet another DNF"
Joe

Richmond, VA

#4 Jul 14, 2009
WWE NASCAR wrote:
NASCAR can promote a Danica / Jr love affair. The fans love that stuff more than the race. I can see the headlines now: "Danica and Jr caught slapping bellies in the #88 hauler after yet another DNF"
That would probably be a better show than the race!

Location hidden

#5 Jul 14, 2009
WWE NASCAR wrote:
Danica has a husband to slap bellies with and he travels with her.You can mark this one off your list...
WWE NASCAR

Florham Park, NJ

#6 Jul 14, 2009
snow wrote:
<quoted text>
Danica has a husband to slap bellies with and he travels with her.You can mark this one off your list...
That makes it even better!

Location hidden

#7 Jul 14, 2009
WWE NASCAR wrote:
<quoted text>
That makes it even better!
Do you really think Danica really want's to move to nascar? The Irl drivers thinks she is doing this hoping someone else will pick her up in IRL and pay her more than AGR is paying her.
Voice of Reality

Colonial Heights, VA

#8 Jul 14, 2009
snow wrote:
<quoted text> Do you really think Danica really want's to move to nascar? The Irl drivers thinks she is doing this hoping someone else will pick her up in IRL and pay her more than AGR is paying her.
I think that Danica has ridden about as far as she can hope to go in the IRL. Danica is a somewhat good driver who is not very good in traffic and has had average results in superior equipment her whole IRL life. Her promotion, by the IRL, and continued false center piece approach by the organization is wearing thin with other drivers, sponsors and yes, even real race fans. The blush is obviously off the IRL rose for Danica.
NASCAR is the logical option for her and I guess that Tony Stewart and Gene Haas might be swayed by the promise of built in big sponsors for anybody who would supply Danica with a ride. Danica would have a 3 to 4 year "Honeymoon" period with NASCAR until NASCAR fans get tired of her whining, blame game, lack of results tactics become clear. Then, Ms. Patrick can retire and forever be known and spoken of in the same breath with the little blond tennis player from Russia who for a number of years captured the hearts and press with very limited talent and a bucket full of T&A appeal. I know that she had a win in Japan, however, considering the level of equipment she has had, one win for a career does not a good driver make.
WWE NASCAR

Florham Park, NJ

#9 Jul 15, 2009
snow wrote:
<quoted text> Do you really think Danica really want's to move to nascar? The Irl drivers thinks she is doing this hoping someone else will pick her up in IRL and pay her more than AGR is paying her.
You're right. The best scenario for the IRL and Danica would be for Danica go to a team and become a contender. I don't think she would be too successful in NASCAR.

Location hidden

#10 Jul 15, 2009
WWE NASCAR wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right. The best scenario for the IRL and Danica would be for Danica go to a team and become a contender. I don't think she would be too successful in NASCAR.
Are you going to make it to the Brickyard?

Since: Jan 09

MN

#11 Jul 15, 2009
She will never come to NASCAR. Never.
WWE NASCAR

Florham Park, NJ

#12 Jul 15, 2009
snow wrote:
<quoted text>Are you going to make it to the Brickyard?
No, but a few of the people I went to the 500 are going. My sister and brother in law live in Lowell, In. He's also going to get 12 tickets for next years 500.

Location hidden

#13 Jul 15, 2009
WWE NASCAR wrote:
<quoted text>
No, but a few of the people I went to the 500 are going. My sister and brother in law live in Lowell, In. He's also going to get 12 tickets for next years 500.
Then you can plan on next year....Our cars will be racing in Ohio but I will be at the brickyard.
Wyatt earp

Santa Barbara, CA

#14 Jul 16, 2009
Every one knows some races is fixed. she would win at daytona thats a fact.

Location hidden

#16 Jul 16, 2009
Wyatt earp wrote:
No Wyatt earp everyone don't know that.I attend to many races to ever buy that bill of goods.
Ricky Booby

AOL

#17 Jul 16, 2009
Wyatt earp wrote:
If races could be fixed, don't you think Dale Sr. would have won the Daytona 500 sooner and Rusty might have at least won one of them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Michael Andretti Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hunter-Reay charges to first IndyCar title (Sep '12) Sep '12 Will fan 2
News Andretti finding better teamwork without Danica (May '12) Jun '12 Jorge 13
News Adam Carolla, Michael Andretti axed in Celebrit... (Mar '12) Mar '12 Barry 4
News Aug. 30: On Wheldon, Bernard, KV and Kanaan (Oct '11) Oct '11 eddie 1
News Andretti appears ready to realize potential (Aug '11) Aug '11 Pagoda prince 1
News Danica Patrick Returns to NASCAR For Better or ... (Jun '10) Jun '10 alpinedigital 16
News Lesson Learned (Mar '10) Apr '10 AGman 4
More from around the web