Indy 500: Marco Andretti hit by Mario...

Indy 500: Marco Andretti hit by Mario Moraes on first lap

There are 3 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from May 25, 2009, titled Indy 500: Marco Andretti hit by Mario Moraes on first lap. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Will the Andretti Jinx at the Indy 500 ever end? The latest bad luck example came Sunday afternoon courtesy of driver Mario Moraes.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

davehimes

Morrisville, PA

#1 May 27, 2009
Marco already had his line established when Moraes decided to turn right. It's a 500 mile race. He wanted to cut Marco off in the turn but Marco was already up against the wall and had no place to go. Just because he wasn't smart enough to pick the best line in the first turn is no reason to try to make it up before the next turn. He should have just driven the lower line and lost a couple of positions on the first lap(big deal)..I think if he had done that to Danica she would have gotten out of the car and smacked good.
MarioAndretti

East Olympia, WA

#2 May 29, 2009
Marco is just another in a long line of drivers whose name got him into a sport he never would have seen except from the grandstands otherwise.
Andretti never even had a full tire to the outside of Moraes right rear when they touched. If Andretti had one microgram of common sense he would have seen the drift coming and backed off. Punk.
The Truth Detector

High Springs, FL

#3 May 31, 2009
I remember when Marco first popped onto the racing scene. He was almost as cocky as his grand father but not quite. In his short career, he has stacked-up several race cars and if it wasn't for the family connection, he would be looking for another ride. Danica detractors can say what they want but she usually brings the car home and turns-in a top ten finish, as well. Look at Indy this year. She made a Third. Look at Marco. Crash! Jinx? How about "stupidity"?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mario Moraes Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Briscoe beats Patrick in Indy race at Texas (Jun '10) Jun '10 zach_ 3
News Danica Patrick scheduled to test at WGI Tuesday (Jun '09) Jun '09 LBR 1
mario moraes (May '09) May '09 davehimes 1
News INDY 500: Meira goes through day of survival (May '09) May '09 jcherb14 1
what a bumb ass (May '09) May '09 whatever 2
News Paul Tracy to race in Indianapolis 500 for KV R... (Apr '09) Apr '09 PTfan 1
News Vasser, Tracy trying to bring 'Thrill' back. (Jan '09) Apr '09 i am indy 6
More from around the web