Tony Stewart, John Andretti brighten day for Riley Hospital patients

Jul 24, 2008 Full story: www.indystar.com 14

Two-time NASCAR champion Tony Stewart was the featured guest at Wednesday's Kroger Race for Riley, a fundraiser benefiting Riley Hospital for Children.

Full Story

Since: Aug 07

Indianapolis

#1 Jul 24, 2008
I wondered if Tony was doing any of these charity things this year since I had not seen any mention of it. Glad he hasn't abandoned his Indiana folk, although the more he gets involved with his North Carolina-based team, the less we'll see of him in Indiana.
Megan

Sterling, IL

#2 Jul 24, 2008
indycatmom20 wrote:
I wondered if Tony was doing any of these charity things this year since I had not seen any mention of it. Glad he hasn't abandoned his Indiana folk, although the more he gets involved with his North Carolina-based team, the less we'll see of him in Indiana.
He made no mention of being there when it was in the Star. We thought about going to Dismores track since John Andretti would be there but cancelled, he's a sneaky one, lol. But what I'm thinking is he's in Central Indiana and he's showing up places. I look for him to run at the Speedrome he used to show up there every once in a while. But I wont hold my breath I'll watch him run Sunday.

“just win Baby”

Since: Jan 08

Eau Claire, WI

#3 Jul 24, 2008
The pictures are awesome.. Smoke is looking great.. and that boy just looks thrilled.. thanks for posting

“just win Baby”

Since: Jan 08

Eau Claire, WI

#4 Jul 24, 2008
Just noticed in one of those shots Smoke has a WATCH ON!!!!!!!!! LOL I didn't think he owned one of those
luvtonyseyes

Northfield, VT

#5 Jul 24, 2008
Those are great pictures. I think it's cool how he gets right down to their level to talk with them. He really does look happy.

And I still think he's got cute feet. LOL
Eastside

Knightstown, IN

#6 Jul 24, 2008
smokespafan wrote:
Just noticed in one of those shots Smoke has a WATCH ON!!!!!!!!! LOL I didn't think he owned one of those
They give you one when you become a business owner. LOL
Cornfed

United States

#7 Jul 24, 2008
Did you see how he looked at that little boy and giving him full attention, that was sweet. And I agree he does have the cutest feet along with a few other things.

Since: Jan 07

Charlotte NC

#8 Jul 24, 2008
Do you suppose the watch is so he will be on time for business meetings. :) I do like how he gives these kids his full attention.

“Smoke and the Rocketman”

United States

#9 Jul 24, 2008
I love Tony....
when I went to the home Depot signing in Richmond in May, there were little kids at the corner in the front of the line and he went straight to them and knelt down by them and everyone in the line went "awwww"..I think Tony Stewart is the absolute best NASCAR driver in the way of his caring, besides his driving talents and I am so glad to be able to enjoy all that he shares of himself with race fans. He is such a good role model for people of all ages.

“Smoke and the Rocketman”

United States

#10 Jul 24, 2008
as for the watch, Tony said on the radio show that he is not even answering his phone so maybe he needs the watch to tell him the time instead of his phone.. maybe it is a heartfelt gift from someone..maybe Haas told him that he needs to be more prompt now that he is a team owner? MAYBE... he has so many things going on now a days that he actually needs to have the time so he doesn't miss connections of getting from one place to another..

“That's Mrs. Stewart to you! ;)”

Since: Mar 08

Huntersville, NC

#11 Jul 24, 2008
Oh. HOW SWEET is he?! I love this man.

And the watch... That is SO hot. Call me shallow, but that's one of the first things I notice about Zippy...not that either of them really need anything to help make them hotter. LMAO. ;)

“Go Tony!!!”

Since: Jun 08

Bear, De

#12 Jul 24, 2008
Thanks for posting. Nice pictures! People (the haters) try to say that it's all for the PR but his face looks sincere, that smile :0)

“Just Me!”

Since: Jul 08

AOL

#13 Jul 24, 2008
DOES HE HAVE ON A WATCH??????!!!?
truth

AOL

#14 Jul 24, 2008
photo opp........just like his X. they really were a matched set........haha

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

John Andretti Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Robby Gordon Attempting to Defend his 2008 Flop... (Aug '09) Sep '09 Dillinger 7
Robby Gordon attempting to defend his 2008 FLOP... (Aug '09) Aug '09 nasfan55 8
Kahne Holds off Stewart for 1st Road Course Win (Jun '09) Jun '09 mrbreeze 3
Drama at Indy for Andretti, Hunter-Reay (May '09) May '09 Ski 2
Pair of drivers save best for last (May '09) May '09 Lucky Dog 24 1
New World to Conquer: Car owner Petty, with Joh... (May '09) May '09 Fitzgerald 1
N-Word invasion speculation (Apr '09) May '09 Mr Breeze 18

John Andretti People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE