Stargazing: Helio Castroneves splits ...

Stargazing: Helio Castroneves splits with real-life partner, Ti...

There are 511 comments on the Kansas City Star story from Oct 22, 2007, titled Stargazing: Helio Castroneves splits with real-life partner, Ti.... In it, Kansas City Star reports that:

Gentlewomen, start your engines He's leading the field on 'Dancing With the Stars' -- catch another elimination tonight.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Kansas City Star.

First Prev
of 26
Next Last
H AND J MADE 4 EACH OTHER

Spring, TX

#1 Oct 23, 2007
SOME THINGS ARE SIMPLY MENT TO BE AND HELIO GOING
TO DWTS IS ONE OF THEM. HE WAS DESTINE TO MEEET
JULIANNE. SHE WAS BORN TO BE WITH HIM AND ANYONE
WITH HALF A BRAIN CAN SEE IT. THEY DON'T HAVE TO
TRY AT ANYTHING THEY JUST SIMPLY ARE, FOREVER SOLE
MATES FOR NOW AND ALWAYS. THANK GOD THIS STILL
HAPPENS IN REAL LIFE. IT MAKES THINGS REAL.
TuffBronco

Miami, FL

#2 Oct 23, 2007
why is he still making pretend hes engaged?
maybe hes gay? he sure looks it.

Since: Jun 07

AOL

#3 Oct 23, 2007
When it was first announced that Helio was getting married, I was so happy for him and I think some of my responses have been fully supportive of him and Allie. However, after her "interview" at the final IRL race, I am glad he is no longer with her. She kept going on that she was glad he was learning to dance..."because I am Cuban and we Cubans love to dance..." so, why then didn't she hook up with a Cuban unless there aren't any rich ones for her to sink her hooks into. Anyway, whatever decision Helio comes to, I wish him happiness.(PS I hope it is with Julianne)
Deb

Edison, NJ

#4 Oct 23, 2007
What kind of interview was it that Ali gave? Is it anywhere that I can read or view?
When it was first announced that Helio was getting married, I was so happy for him and I think some of my responses have been fully supportive of him and Allie. However, after her "interview" at the final IRL race, I am glad he is no longer with her. She kept going on that she was glad he was learning to dance..."because I am Cuban and we Cubans love to dance..." so, why then didn't she hook up with a Cuban unless there aren't any rich ones for her to sink her hooks into. Anyway, whatever decision Helio comes to, I wish him happiness.(PS I hope it is with Julianne)
bigan

Tampa, FL

#5 Oct 23, 2007
hey candijean
where did you see that interview? id love to check it out
anamaria

Paramaribo, Suriname

#6 Oct 23, 2007
He Helio,

Is it really true that you are breaking up??

Since: Jun 07

AOL

#7 Oct 24, 2007
bigan wrote:
hey candijean
where did you see that interview? id love to check it out
It was an on air interview at the very last IRL race. Allie came across very arrogant. Funny thing is Julianne was there at the race, also!!!!
Deb

Edison, NJ

#8 Oct 24, 2007
What else did she say besides about the how Cubans like to dance?

I also wonder why they continue about the marriage when it has been written that they have broken up?

Did it sound like maybe they are just postponing or its totally off?
TuffBronco

Miami, FL

#9 Oct 25, 2007
There are some rumors going around on other boards about Helios sexual preference.
I wonder what has triggered this and how the racing world will react.
Indy lover

United States

#10 Oct 25, 2007
Im from miami, and there is alot of buzz around here surrounding the breakup. Some believe it was becuase he was always gone. Others believe it was because she was not ready for it. There is some specualtion amongst others that Helio is gay. I for one have seen Helio around town. He appers to be a normal fellow. I saw them once at dinner and they were so happy. He was nice enough to even give me an autograph. What ever the rumors are i just hope hes happy. I know he had a rough 2007 season. Was it because of her, who knows? Will Julianne make his 2008 better, who knows..I just want him happy
Deb

United States

#11 Oct 25, 2007
So there is some truth to it.
I read it in Star Magazine but haven't read or heard of it anywhere else so wasn't sure how true (or not) it really was.
There is still mention of the wedding so...maybe there want to avoid the publicity of a breakup until have DWTS.
I agree just want him happy
Deb

United States

#12 Oct 25, 2007
I also think that the article sounds misleading because right after the blurb of his breakup, there is the article about the fashion industry and this Tm Gunn guy.
TuffBronco

Miami, FL

#13 Oct 25, 2007
Indy lover wrote:
Im from miami, and there is alot of buzz around here surrounding the breakup. Some believe it was becuase he was always gone. Others believe it was because she was not ready for it. There is some specualtion amongst others that Helio is gay. I for one have seen Helio around town. He appers to be a normal fellow. I saw them once at dinner and they were so happy. He was nice enough to even give me an autograph. What ever the rumors are i just hope hes happy. I know he had a rough 2007 season. Was it because of her, who knows? Will Julianne make his 2008 better, who knows..I just want him happy
hey indy where did you see him? and what did he sign?
Frank

United States

#14 Oct 25, 2007
First and foremost i want to wish Helio the best on DWTS. I watch his performances every time he dances and they amaze me every time. For a man to be so talented not just behind the wheel of a car but also behind the wheels of a beautiful woman amaze me. He drives like a man with a vengence but he dances with so much grace. I for one am glad to hear this news about the break up. I dont think a marrage is good for him right now. He needs to concentrate on his dancing not some nagging fiancee. As for cuban being good dancers, honey hes brazilian, hes got rythem. Im not wishing for him to get with his dance partner neither. He needs to focus first on Penske racing and secondly on his dancing. He has the makings to be a great ball room dancer once his race career is over. Good luck Helio. Good luck
Mary

Coral Gables, FL

#15 Oct 25, 2007
I'm also from Miami and I think he is loosing a great lady. But I wonder if this some sort of publicity or just that Helio is not ready to leave his controlling sister side??????
Deb

Edison, NJ

#16 Oct 25, 2007
For those in Miami...What is the buzz on the breakup? Who broke up with who?

I can't imagine its true since it really is not published except for the article in Star. There are no other articles on it.

Whatever the case, hope he gets far in DWTS and his racing!
Frank

United States

#17 Oct 26, 2007
Mary, i follow Helios career very closely. I would like to call myself his number one fan. I thought i knew everything there is to know about him. This is the first i hear about a controlling sister. I also have a very controlling sister. It can be very very stressful at times. After hearing this i began to think that maybe shes the reason he did not fair so well this past season. I was thinking it was because of his fiancee Aliette. Shes cuban and i know how bitchy cuban woman are. They are the worst. Constantly nagging and need so much attention. I feel sorry for him having that cuban fiancee as well as a controlling sister. I just want him happy.
TuffBronco

Miami, FL

#18 Oct 26, 2007
My best friend from college lives in Miami. He says there’s a lot of buzz on the streets about this issue. The fans are 50/50 split. 50% think this in not true and 50% believe it is. I’ve heard a lot of speculation about him being gay on other chats on others that they are already married. Wow I wonder how all this will come end up in the end when all is said and done.
Deb

United States

#19 Oct 26, 2007
Where did the gay come from?
I think that article was misleading because of the following story on the fashion guy, Tim Gunn.
Why would only the Star publish this story about the breakup? The whole thing is strange...
TuffBronco

Miami, FL

#20 Oct 26, 2007
and why is there a cover up????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 26
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Helio Castroneves Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Celebrity Wife Swap RECAP 5/27/14: Larry Birkhe... (May '14) May '14 lolita26 1
News IRS Waves Black Flag At Race Car Driver Juan Pa... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Virginia 1
News Power wins in Sonoma after late Dixon penalty (Aug '13) Aug '13 TexasRaider 1
News IndyCar penalizes Team Penske after Helio win (Jun '13) Jun '13 TexasRaider 5
News Detroit Grand Prix 2012: Kid Rock, Helio Castro... (Jun '12) Jun '12 Kingfish 2
News Danica at 30: From NASCAR novelty to winner? (Mar '12) Mar '12 big 3 5
News Castroneves Takes Indy Pole On Wild Qualifying Day (May '10) Feb '12 F1 Funatic 5
More from around the web