Penske dumps 2-time Indy champ Castro...

Penske dumps 2-time Indy champ Castroneves

There are 9 comments on the SI.com story from Jan 16, 2009, titled Penske dumps 2-time Indy champ Castroneves. In it, SI.com reports that:

Helio Castroneves, a two-time Indy 500 winner and one of the most colorful drivers in IndyCar Series history, will be replaced on Tuesday when Team Penske announces its driver lineup for 2009.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at SI.com.

Claire

New Braunfels, TX

#1 Jan 26, 2009
I don't even know what to say. I hope works out if Helio is found not guilty. I hope he'll be able to get his life back.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#2 Jan 26, 2009
When the Federal boys come after you its usually bad. They usually have a good case to go that far.
Looks like his sister an attorney is in the mix
also.
Junior Nation

Bethesda, MD

#3 Jan 26, 2009
snow wrote:
When the Federal boys come after you its usually bad. They usually have a good case to go that far.
Looks like his sister an attorney is in the mix
also.
Helio won't have to worry. The Government is about to set it up for all tax evaders to get off scott free if they appoint Geithner to oversee our IRS. Kind of can't enforce laws on 1 set of people and yet reward others that do the same thing.
Mary

Richmond, VA

#4 Jan 26, 2009
Mardeth won't like that at all!

Does that mean I have to put up with her Paul Tracy!? I really don't want to!

If Helio is not guilty, who will give him a ride!?

Location hidden

#5 Jan 26, 2009
Junior Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
Helio won't have to worry. The Government is about to set it up for all tax evaders to get off scott free if they appoint Geithner to oversee our IRS. Kind of can't enforce laws on 1 set of people and yet reward others that do the same thing.
Is he the crook that did not pay his own taxes? If so they need to lock him up instead of giving him a job.....I pay and pay and it honks me off when the rich don't pay and get away with it.

Location hidden

#6 Jan 26, 2009
Mary wrote:
I have not a clue. Looks like most all the good rides are taken.
Junior Nation

Bethesda, MD

#7 Jan 26, 2009
snow wrote:
<quoted text>Is he the crook that did not pay his own taxes? If so they need to lock him up instead of giving him a job.....I pay and pay and it honks me off when the rich don't pay and get away with it.
Yes Ma'am. He sure is. I'm with you 100%. If it was you or I we sure wouldn't be offered a job running the same department that we just ripped off. We would be locked up and the key thrown away.
Nope

Greenfield, IN

#8 Jan 26, 2009
Talk about old news. Will Power will be in Helios car when needed only.
http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Motorsports/2009/01...

[The way I look at it is we have three drivers. We'll determine who drives which one of those two cars depending on how everything sorts out."]

He's Far from dumped!
Nope

Greenfield, IN

#9 Jan 26, 2009
Mary wrote:
Absolutely anyone! He wont have any problems landing a ride. Believe that!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Helio Castroneves Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Celebrity Wife Swap RECAP 5/27/14: Larry Birkhe... (May '14) May '14 lolita26 1
News IRS Waves Black Flag At Race Car Driver Juan Pa... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Virginia 1
News Power wins in Sonoma after late Dixon penalty (Aug '13) Aug '13 TexasRaider 1
News IndyCar penalizes Team Penske after Helio win (Jun '13) Jun '13 TexasRaider 5
News Detroit Grand Prix 2012: Kid Rock, Helio Castro... (Jun '12) Jun '12 Kingfish 2
News Danica at 30: From NASCAR novelty to winner? (Mar '12) Mar '12 big 3 5
News Castroneves Takes Indy Pole On Wild Qualifying Day (May '10) Feb '12 F1 Funatic 5
More from around the web