McGee: Castroneves under fire

McGee: Castroneves under fire

There are 8 comments on the ESPN story from Mar 19, 2009, titled McGee: Castroneves under fire. In it, ESPN reports that:

The Helio Castroneves tax-evasion trial took its version of a yellow flag on Wednesday afternoon, a needed four-day pause after a five-hour courtroom session that consisted of long periods of wearisome tax-law discussion punctuated by moments of combativeness.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ESPN.

Marcos Pontes

Brazil

#1 Mar 20, 2009
I hate this guy. I hope he will spend years in Jail. Our country does't need tax-evasion people. He is corrupt. He did the same in Brazil.
Donna Gilson

Beachwood, OH

#2 Mar 21, 2009
How can he be blamed for the money when he left it up to the managers????????? I bet none of the drivers know any of their finances... I hope to see Helio back in his car in a few weeks
Chris Gilbert

Addison, IL

#3 Mar 22, 2009
Our country does't need tax-evasion people.
When his jail time is up here in the U.S
He should be Barred from this country.
BYE BYE Helio!
Ann

Coxs Creek, KY

#4 Mar 22, 2009
Marcos Pontes wrote:
I hate this guy. I hope he will spend years in Jail. Our country does't need tax-evasion people. He is corrupt. He did the same in Brazil.
I hate him too. I hope he goes to jail, he thinks he can't do any wrong

Since: Jun 07

AOL

#5 Mar 23, 2009
Wind Tunnel said that several NASCAR drivers have the same financial manager that Helio does. So..for all of you Helio haters, maybe some of your NASCRAP drivers will be cell mates with Helio.
Oceans 18

Irving, TX

#6 Mar 23, 2009
Maybe the back taxes can be used for real drivers ed in Florida....
Also the entire Pagoda should be checked out for tax fraud... All the way to Japan, Italy, and Australia.... Sad for America-

Also, IRL has lost their best advertiser; without Helio, IRL is nothing but a circus.
FRITZ

Hollywood, FL

#7 Mar 23, 2009
He's a good person. Driving at 250 mph is enough, there's no time to think about technicalities of your accountant. I think he was a mere passenger in this issue.
Cherie Jenkins

United States

#8 Apr 8, 2009
You can't blame Helio he had financial advisors as other race car drivers. He is a good person. He helps childern who belong to YMCA. Also Roger Penske backs him 100% says he isn't guilty. Heilo hasn't recieved the money they are talking about. It is like our 401k you pay taxes when you want the money. I think the IRS should pay more attention to our goverment its known that their are a few people in Washington who hasn't paid their taxes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Helio Castroneves Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Celebrity Wife Swap RECAP 5/27/14: Larry Birkhe... (May '14) May '14 lolita26 1
News IRS Waves Black Flag At Race Car Driver Juan Pa... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Virginia 1
News Power wins in Sonoma after late Dixon penalty (Aug '13) Aug '13 TexasRaider 1
News IndyCar penalizes Team Penske after Helio win (Jun '13) Jun '13 TexasRaider 5
News Detroit Grand Prix 2012: Kid Rock, Helio Castro... (Jun '12) Jun '12 Kingfish 2
News Danica at 30: From NASCAR novelty to winner? (Mar '12) Mar '12 big 3 5
News Castroneves Takes Indy Pole On Wild Qualifying Day (May '10) Feb '12 F1 Funatic 5