IRS agent says race driver Helio Cast...

IRS agent says race driver Helio Castroneves owes more than $2....

There are 10 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Mar 27, 2009, titled IRS agent says race driver Helio Castroneves owes more than $2..... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

The IRS says Brazilian race driver and "Dancing With The Stars" winner Helio Castroneves owes more than $2.3 million in taxes.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Bubba

Chicago, IL

#1 Apr 17, 2009
Are the thieving, psychopathic KGB Federal prosecutors going to reimburse the defendants for all their legal expenses, pain and suffering? My guess...no. The sadistic Feds tried to destroy this man's life. The Federal perps will walk, and not be wearing orange jumpsuits in front of TV cameras.
Kons

Morton Grove, IL

#2 Apr 17, 2009
Only the rich... and of course politicians
cadman

Carpentersville, IL

#3 Apr 17, 2009
a regular guy or woman has to pay every dime they owe but someone like this does not. For a moment I thought it was only obama's choices that did not pay taxes.
louielouie

San Jose, CA

#4 Apr 17, 2009
cadman wrote:
a regular guy or woman has to pay every dime they owe but someone like this does not. For a moment I thought it was only obama's choices that did not pay taxes.
The Fed made its case and so did the defendants. They had a fair and impartial jury and ruled on the evidence. Where do you, cadman the bad man, get off making the kind of spurious remarks and assumptions that you do? Is it raw green envy of the success of another hard working human being? And why does the president and his choices have to be dragged into every argument? Your ignorance is exceeded only by your stupidity. I suggest you shove your head back up your fanny where it's nice and warm and dark. You are a putz.
Your Creator

Northbrook, IL

#5 Apr 17, 2009
So wait -- the jury found him not guilty of tax evasion but couldn't decide whether or not he was guilty of conspiracy to commit a non-crime? I'd like to hear their reasoning behind this.
Jimbo

Stevensville, MI

#6 Apr 17, 2009
That sucks. Justin Wilson's got much greater potential...
Ryan

Chicago, IL

#7 Apr 17, 2009
Jimbo wrote:
That sucks. Justin Wilson's got much greater potential...
...but not as much sponsor money I suppose- and name recognition.

Since: Oct 08

Cleveland, OH

#8 Apr 18, 2009
Your Creator wrote:
So wait -- the jury found him not guilty of tax evasion but couldn't decide whether or not he was guilty of conspiracy to commit a non-crime? I'd like to hear their reasoning behind this.
And they found the lawyer not guilt of conspiracy...I agree, I would like to hear how 2 foreign nationals may have conspired to evade taxes, but a US attorney absolutely didn't.
allright

La Habra, CA

#9 Apr 20, 2009
What is it with people in this country ? why do they want to see people go to prison for keeping their own money ? maybe fines and penalties to an extent, but prison ? I can tell you the fed. res. and the so called govt. do worse than this every day, when was the last time the irs was audited ?
Manny

Panama

#10 Nov 5, 2009
IRS to set up office in Panama.

Panama banks and attorneys have been catering to wealthy Americans for years by having the niche of finding the ones who have family outside of the USA like Helio Castroneves.

While only having a short flight to Miami where many of the wealthy Latino's live, Panama bank executives can apply their trade and sign up new clients. Trouble is that it is highly illegal in the USA.

The first place they will look is Atlantic Security Bank and their high flying legal representative Marisol Sierra. Sometimes it doesn't help to be the first one in the phone book.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Helio Castroneves Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Celebrity Wife Swap RECAP 5/27/14: Larry Birkhe... (May '14) May '14 lolita26 1
News IRS Waves Black Flag At Race Car Driver Juan Pa... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Virginia 1
News Power wins in Sonoma after late Dixon penalty (Aug '13) Aug '13 TexasRaider 1
News IndyCar penalizes Team Penske after Helio win (Jun '13) Jun '13 TexasRaider 5
News Detroit Grand Prix 2012: Kid Rock, Helio Castro... (Jun '12) Jun '12 Kingfish 2
News Danica at 30: From NASCAR novelty to winner? (Mar '12) Mar '12 big 3 5
News Castroneves Takes Indy Pole On Wild Qualifying Day (May '10) Feb '12 F1 Funatic 5
More from around the web