No job, so Rahal considers NASCAR

No job, so Rahal considers NASCAR

There are 5 comments on the Indystar.com story from Feb 24, 2010, titled No job, so Rahal considers NASCAR. In it, Indystar.com reports that:

Forgive Graham Rahal for not having the Olympic-like spirit that's sweeping through the Izod IndyCar Series.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Indystar.com.

Graham Fan 2010

Escanaba, MI

#1 Mar 2, 2010
I have been an avid supporter of Indycar / Champcar since 1980. 30 years of up's and downs from Bobby Rahal's 1986 Indy 500 victory and Graham's first win! I have attended over 100 events and was a volunteer official for the series for 4 years. Never have I been so dismayed,(including the split in the mid 90's) than I am now with Graham not having a ride!! Sarah Fisher, Hideki Mutoh, Mike Conway, you have got to be kidding me. I spend many thousands of dollars traveling around the country to races and this is how loyal American fans are treated. Sponsers with money (which there are many) Graham Rahal is a star and your name could be on his car. Open your ears and your pocketbooks as drivers like Graham Rahal and Jonathan Summerton deserve to drive in this series. Izod has commercials all over, including the Super Bowl and Graham and Katie in Times Square. It isn't too late yet, but it may be in another week. Please step up to the plate and promote your company!! Graham will win for you!!

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

#2 Mar 2, 2010
Why does every lackluster open wheeler that can't get a ride in the IRL think he can walk over NASCAR and get the red carpet rolled out to him. If he isn't good enough to keep a ride in open wheel, he's in for a rude awakening in NASCAR. NASCAR fans don't give a sh*t who his father was. He's not an Allison, Earnhardt, Petty or Waltrip.
WWE CRASHCAR 2010

Florham Park, NJ

#3 Mar 2, 2010
Whoyakidding wrote:
Why does every lackluster open wheeler that can't get a ride in the IRL think he can walk over NASCAR and get the red carpet rolled out to him. If he isn't good enough to keep a ride in open wheel, he's in for a rude awakening in NASCAR. NASCAR fans don't give a sh*t who his father was. He's not an Allison, Earnhardt, Petty or Waltrip.
Why, because that's NASCAR. It doesn't matter how good you are, if you can get sponsor money you're in. Rahal will once push a more deserving driver out of the way and get a ride. This is why NASCAR is more like the WWE then a real competitve sport.

Ski

“Is It Friday Yet?????”

Since: May 07

Smalltown New York

#4 Mar 2, 2010
Whoyakidding wrote:
Who...Graham is a lackluster driver?
It is apparent that you are a NASCAR fan and not a racing fan.

“points on the line”

Since: Jun 08

Where's the ball???

#5 Mar 9, 2010
The man needs a job.

Let him drive in ARCA or the truck races to see if he can compete. His name alone would help either series sell some seats.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Graham Rahal Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Grand Prix Notebook: Rahal-Andretti Fued After ... (Apr '12) Apr '12 F1 Funatic 1
News Nov. 10: On Dan Wheldon and Tony Stewart (Nov '10) Nov '10 debrobeaudean 4
News March 19: On Sarah Fisher and Ana Beatriz (Jun '10) Jun '10 jesse maloney 1
News All you need to know about the Indy 500: A to Z (May '10) May '10 RonTon 1
News IRL concept car takes radical wing (Feb '10) Feb '10 Sam 1
News 11/10 :: In full swing (Nov '09) Nov '09 Neon18 1
News Rahal earns second pole at Kansas Speedway, wil... (Apr '09) Apr '09 Yep 1
More from around the web