Patrick staying positive amid struggles on track

May 22, 2013 Full story: Seattle Times 11

Danica Patrick refuses to get down on herself even though her first full season on the Sprint Cup series has been a struggle.

Full Story
barr

Temperance, MI

#1 May 22, 2013
Is Danica struggling? I wouldn't think so listening to the media. Anybody can get lucky and place well or win at Daytona or Talladega. Just ask Jr or Mikey.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#2 May 22, 2013
Its hard to be negative when you're making a million a month
The Truth

Dryden, Canada

#3 May 23, 2013
I didn't think she was struggling? Tony says T-Shirt sales are great, not like she was hired for her racing ability so she's achieving as per plan
WWE CRASHCAR 2013

Trumbull, CT

#4 May 23, 2013
Don't worry Danica fans, even at her current dismall performance, Danica will continue to be a NASCAR superstar for at least another 15 years. A sure hall of famer.
RichK

Brunswick, OH

#5 May 23, 2013
The fact that this over-rated adultress got the fan vote for entry into the NASCAR All Star event is laughable. She is as far removed from being an all star as any driver can get!

She absolutely does not belong at the Cup level in NASCAR!
Jorge

Lady Lake, FL

#6 May 23, 2013
I'm positive too - positive she's a no-talent parasite.
JCT

Princeton, WV

#9 May 24, 2013
barr wrote:
Is Danica struggling? I wouldn't think so listening to the media. Anybody can get lucky and place well or win at Daytona or Talladega. Just ask Jr or Mikey.
I like this example better than the followups since it is critical without any put downs. Yes anyone could get lucky at Daytona evidenced by Tevor Bayne, whose career has yet to take off. He may win again a few years down the road and succeed, I am aware of that. Danica could do well on road courses but that may be it.
Danica was a one trick pony in the IRL, she always ran good there and wasnt far from sneaking a win, everywhere else she was average at best or not good at all.

She is in year three of stock cars, something she never originally trained for, I think she will never risa to star status on the track but with more time she will be able to avoid hitting others or avoid getting into other wrecks a little better and she will finish on the lead lap more.

No comment on Danaca being a superstar on TV, she throws the f bombs as much as any of them do on the radio, she talks sh2t. Nascar should not market the sport based on any one driver or favor such esp when it doesn't show on the track.
JCT

Princeton, WV

#10 May 24, 2013
Correction from above, she always ran well at Indy, everywhere else she was average at best or not good at all.
Jorge

Lady Lake, FL

#11 May 26, 2013
She generally ran well at Indy - not "always." She had a DNF and a failure to qualify, the latter marked by her trademark blame game (that time the car).
Triple C

Edwardsville, IL

#12 May 26, 2013
Finished 29th at Charlotte, still only two finishes better then 25th all year long and she has fallen to 30th in the points.

In my opinion she has about as much talent as Timmy Hill only she is in A-/B+ equipment and Mr. Hill is in D-/F which is why she finishes 28th and he finishes 33rd most weekends.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#13 May 27, 2013
She will end up back in IRL within a few years. Her and Ricky will split up too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Danica Patrick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Danica Patrick: Latest News, 2014 Sprint Cup Ra... Aug '14 Cale 11 2
Female crew chiefs could be next for NASCAR Aug '14 WWE CRASHCAR 2014 4
Danica Patrick Indianapolis result Jul '14 Dwarfica 2
Like her or not, Danica Patrick still moves the... Jul '14 Jorge 1
Danica Patrick hoping for better luck on NASCAR... (Jun '14) Jul '14 IceMan PJN 3
Patrick making steady progress -- whether you b... (May '14) Jun '14 WelbyMD 15
Danica Patrick has already won respect heading ... (Feb '12) Jun '14 I fly 158
More from around the web