Can Danica Patrick Win the Daytona 500?

Feb 11, 2012 Full story: Stock Car Spin 61

Danica Patrick is beginning her journey to the NASCAR circuit this year as she begins her full-time ride in the Nationwide Series, and her part-time ride in the Sprint Cup Series.

Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Thom

Clinton, MD

#1 Feb 12, 2012
Really? The only possible hypothetical chance she would have, is if she caused the "BIG ONE" and took out the other 42 drivers, she could possibly win. Other than that, not a chance in hell. She's a joke as a driver and nothing but publicity. She causes accidents every time she's on the track and when she does, clearly causing a wreck, she bitches about someone else causing it. I'm all for anyone racing if he/she deserves to be on the circuit and has paid their dues. What did she do in open wheel? The same she'll do in NASCAR......nothing.

“smokes~ mojo”

Since: Dec 06

kepin' the ears on the big dog

#2 Feb 12, 2012
I hope not. Tony or Ryan yes Danica no...

“smokes~ mojo”

Since: Dec 06

kepin' the ears on the big dog

#3 Feb 12, 2012
Agree.. she gives decent women who want to earn their place with their driving a bad name.She is what they call a media ho
Joe Krupinski

Great Neck, NY

#4 Feb 12, 2012
ruttrosmokesmojo wrote:
Agree.. she gives decent women who want to earn their place with their driving a bad name.She is what they call a media ho
First of all, I hope I'm around when you guys have to eat your words about Danica.

And I don't get what you are trying to say, Smoke. What do you mean 'giving decent women a bad name'? There is nothing indecent about this lady except for what dodo birds like you say about her.
'A media ho'? You've gone over the line with that line. It's unacceptable on this thread, you half-arse jerk. I am looking forward to Danica Patrick showing up you and your chauvinism. There is also another term for twerps like you: Misogynist,'a man who hates women.' That's you in a nutshell. It may be latent in your mind but it's there. May I suggest that you get the help which you so desperately need.

“smokes~ mojo”

Since: Dec 06

kepin' the ears on the big dog

#5 Feb 12, 2012
First off I am a women. JMO No women should have to resort in whoring herself for a ride. A true female racer would do it with her driving period. It degrades and sets women back to do it any other way. She is not setting a good example for other female racers. It just perpetuates the the good old sleep your way to the top mentality.Sex sells...(whether she is or isn't, her portrayal in her ads screams it). Let your driving speak for itself and respect will follow. It is hard to respect a women who portrays herself and nothing but t&a.JMO though
Carolyn

Erie, PA

#6 Feb 12, 2012
Joe Krupinski wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, I hope I'm around when you guys have to eat your words about Danica.
And I don't get what you are trying to say, Smoke. What do you mean 'giving decent women a bad name'? There is nothing indecent about this lady except for what dodo birds like you say about her.
'A media ho'? You've gone over the line with that line. It's unacceptable on this thread, you half-arse jerk. I am looking forward to Danica Patrick showing up you and your chauvinism. There is also another term for twerps like you: Misogynist,'a man who hates women.' That's you in a nutshell. It may be latent in your mind but it's there. May I suggest that you get the help which you so desperately need.
Danica does no favors to women with those trashy commercials she is in. I suppose you enjoy seeing her almost naked body. Draped over the hood of a car in a skimpy bikini is decent?

“smokes~ mojo”

Since: Dec 06

kepin' the ears on the big dog

#7 Feb 12, 2012
Exactly...Respect in the sport will come from her driving not her T&A show.
Cleo

Marquette, MI

#8 Feb 12, 2012
Like all plate race tracks, Daytona is a crap shoot. So yes, she does have a chance to win. Then again, so do I, if I get in it.

Will she do it? Dunno...how many years did it take Earnhardt Sr to win his?

I do hope that she improves with her chosen profession, I just wish that her brand wasn't just selling sex.

Perhaps they could get Elliott Sadler to wear a thong and sprawl out spread-eagled across a hood? After all, this is suppose to an equal opportunity sport!

“smokes~ mojo”

Since: Dec 06

kepin' the ears on the big dog

#9 Feb 12, 2012
lol yea Elliot OK but I do not want to see Tony in a thong for love or money. Kasey might be good, 'dinger too...but now I am just objectifying...lol

“I am the Illuminati :):) ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#10 Feb 12, 2012
I agree with Cleo on the fact its a crap shoot as to who wins the 500 .Trevor Bayne proved this last yr. My only problem with DP is I am a firm believer in women's rights.And woman have worked to hard to be considered equals. And for DP to let a man buy her way into a starting spot is to me a slap in the face to the generation of women that fought so hard to get where we R today. If it was me & if I could not get in qualifying or racing my way in I would walk away. And this is JMPO

“I am the Illuminati :):) ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#11 Feb 12, 2012
ruttrosmokesmojo wrote:
First off I am a women. JMO No women should have to resort in whoring herself for a ride. A true female racer would do it with her driving period. It degrades and sets women back to do it any other way. She is not setting a good example for other female racers. It just perpetuates the the good old sleep your way to the top mentality.Sex sells...(whether she is or isn't, her portrayal in her ads screams it). Let your driving speak for itself and respect will follow. It is hard to respect a women who portrays herself and nothing but t&a.JMO though
You GO Girl LOL

“smokes~ mojo”

Since: Dec 06

kepin' the ears on the big dog

#12 Feb 12, 2012
Manic depressive wrote:
I agree with Cleo on the fact its a crap shoot as to who wins the 500 .Trevor Bayne proved this last yr. My only problem with DP is I am a firm believer in women's rights.And woman have worked to hard to be considered equals. And for DP to let a man buy her way into a starting spot is to me a slap in the face to the generation of women that fought so hard to get where we R today. If it was me & if I could not get in qualifying or racing my way in I would walk away. And this is JMPO
Agree too. Forgot he has bought her way in the 500....

“smokes~ mojo”

Since: Dec 06

kepin' the ears on the big dog

#13 Feb 12, 2012
And every other women who has competed had to qualify their way in....

“I am the Illuminati :):) ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#14 Feb 12, 2012
Did anyone read that DP commercial had the lowest rating . Of all the SB comersials. LOL

“smokes~ mojo”

Since: Dec 06

kepin' the ears on the big dog

#15 Feb 12, 2012
Manic depressive wrote:
Did anyone read that DP commercial had the lowest rating . Of all the SB commercials. LOL
Not surprised , they have run that idea into the ground. Need to come up with a better marketing strategy.... that one is old and worn out.
debrobeaudean

Bronx, NY

#16 Feb 12, 2012
Tony Stewart will be Danica's partner.. there is a very good possibility that she can stay on his front bumper the entire race and WILL indeed win this race.. I listen to Sirius NASCAR channel and those people would LOVE for her to win.. they all believe it will be good for the sport..
I seriously see Tony, as team owner putting his focus on making sure the 39 and the 10 both do well. Restrictor plate tracks are where a driver is pushed by another to a win.. Tony is uaually abandoned late in these races.. I am EXCITED for him to finally have a full race partner.. I am sure he and Danica have been practicing as much as they can to be sure they can ride together all race long..Danica is not looking for an easy ride and she deserves respect.. she is no different from Joey ...so I think people need to give her the benefit of a doubt that she is going ot be prepared. we KNOW Tony would not even put himself in a car too early.. so I think he is sure Danica is ready, as Zippy said he believes she is
Joe Krupinski

Great Neck, NY

#17 Feb 12, 2012
Well, Beaudean, it sounds like you got it all figured out.Ho-\pe you right because I like Danica.
CatRod53

Fort Wayne, IN

#18 Feb 12, 2012
Thom wrote:
Really? The only possible hypothetical chance she would have, is if she caused the "BIG ONE" and took out the other 42 drivers, she could possibly win. Other than that, not a chance in hell. She's a joke as a driver and nothing but publicity. She causes accidents every time she's on the track and when she does, clearly causing a wreck, she bitches about someone else causing it. I'm all for anyone racing if he/she deserves to be on the circuit and has paid their dues. What did she do in open wheel? The same she'll do in NASCAR......nothing.
A lot of good answers here - but I'm with you on this one.

“smokes~ mojo”

Since: Dec 06

kepin' the ears on the big dog

#20 Feb 12, 2012
beaudean is debi...lol

Since: Feb 12

Brockton, MA

#21 Feb 12, 2012
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Who the hell is Beaudean? If you intended that to be a slap then I do not feel as much sympathy for New York because of 9-11 as I once did. I wonder how many Beaudeans showed up to help the New York Cinder Men and Women?
I hope U realize the IP addresses on here mean Jack sh!t. If U R using a devise that uses a cell tower your IP address is going to say any thing from NYS TO Cali. I live in upstate NY even when my IP does state NY it is usually some place in western NY.. J/S

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Danica Patrick Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Danica Patrick: Latest News, 2014 Sprint Cup Ra... Aug '14 Cale 11 2
Female crew chiefs could be next for NASCAR Aug '14 WWE CRASHCAR 2014 4
Danica Patrick Indianapolis result Jul '14 Dwarfica 2
Like her or not, Danica Patrick still moves the... Jul '14 Jorge 1
Danica Patrick hoping for better luck on NASCAR... Jul '14 IceMan PJN 3
Patrick making steady progress -- whether you b... Jun '14 WelbyMD 15
Danica Patrick has already won respect heading ... (Feb '12) Jun '14 I fly 158

Danica Patrick People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE