Wheldon must stay in IRL for 2008

Wheldon must stay in IRL for 2008

There are 56 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Aug 27, 2007, titled Wheldon must stay in IRL for 2008. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Dan Wheldon won't be the next open-wheel driver to move to NASCAR so long as team owner Chip Ganassi has the final say.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
I Heart Daniel Wheldon

United States

#1 Aug 27, 2007
Best news yet today!

“YNWA”

Since: Jun 07

Greenwood, IN.

#2 Aug 27, 2007
I just can't see Dan making the switch. Although he has not had a good year he is one of the best drivers in the series with a chance to win most races. In Nascar it would be very different. The Team is everything. If you don't have a good car you don't stand a chance. Also as seen with Montoya he would struggle to win over the American fans and the other drivers would be only too happy to push him around.
To bad

Indianapolis, IN

#3 Aug 27, 2007
It's a shame that Chip won't let Weldon move on. He's by far the most sniveling little Beeoch out there.

“"Racing Rules"”

Since: Dec 06

NHRA

#4 Aug 27, 2007
HinUSA wrote:
I just can't see Dan making the switch. Although he has not had a good year he is one of the best drivers in the series with a chance to win most races. In Nascar it would be very different. The Team is everything. If you don't have a good car you don't stand a chance. Also as seen with Montoya he would struggle to win over the American fans and the other drivers would be only too happy to push him around.
Hi HinUSA how was your B-day yesterday??? Hope you did something fun! I can't see Whelson in Nascar either,if it does eventually happen,i will still be shocked.
pchall

United States

#5 Aug 27, 2007
What real sponsorship has Vision Racing ever had besides Tony George's bank account?
Chief

Fairport, NY

#6 Aug 27, 2007
Things look great for the 2008 IRL season! The faithful cling to an English driver in an italian chassis with a Japanese engine. AGR is at the brink of collapse, Tony George is dropping the car count by 2 and Rahal is tooling around in Europe while the band plays on the deck of the Sonoma. Add in a Belle Isle and Penske taking Hornish to NASCAR, Ludacris singing his crass racist lyrics at the 500 and Princess Danica who goes backwards in races. Sarah Fisher shows just how much her skills have deteriorated and you've got the makings for a great season.

Tony George sold you guys a bill of goods back in 1996. You are now CART, the thing that was most hated. Hypocrites....

Ski

“Is It Friday Yet?????”

Since: May 07

Smalltown New York

#7 Aug 27, 2007
Man...bitterness all around.

“"Racing Rules"”

NHRA

#9 Aug 27, 2007
Ski wrote:
Man...bitterness all around.
Typical Monday aftermath Ski!(lol)

Ski

“Is It Friday Yet?????”

Smalltown New York

#10 Aug 27, 2007
mindy wrote:
<quoted text>Typical Monday aftermath Ski!(lol)
I'm not bitter...today is a rather good day. ;-)
geek49203

Middleville, MI

#11 Aug 27, 2007
Chef proclaims the IRL doomed, but doesn't mention the rumored Rahal effort was denied. Gosh, I thought that "everyone knew" in CCWS that Team Rahal was leaving the IRL, right Chef?

Chef, what was the attendance yesterday in that CCWS race? What were the TV ratings?

Look, I don't mind if you're a CCWS or IRL fan -- either way, that's a great thing. However, being a fan of one series doesn't mean that you have to drink the Koolaide and spend your days slamming the "other series."
May Yam

United States

#12 Aug 27, 2007
Chief wrote:
Things look great for the 2008 IRL season! The faithful cling to an English driver in an italian chassis with a Japanese engine. AGR is at the brink of collapse, Tony George is dropping the car count by 2 and Rahal is tooling around in Europe while the band plays on the deck of the Sonoma. Add in a Belle Isle and Penske taking Hornish to NASCAR, Ludacris singing his crass racist lyrics at the 500 and Princess Danica who goes backwards in races. Sarah Fisher shows just how much her skills have deteriorated and you've got the makings for a great season.
Tony George sold you guys a bill of goods back in 1996. You are now CART, the thing that was most hated. Hypocrites....
Maybe you should change your name to "Chef" as you are definitely trying to stir the pot!

“Waiting to inhale”

Since: Feb 07

Chicago

#13 Aug 27, 2007
I'm very worried about Chief. Someone please hide the Cutco knives...

Ski

“Is It Friday Yet?????”

Smalltown New York

#14 Aug 27, 2007
Seems to be a common thing with some..not all..of the CCWS faithful. Most IRL fans have an appreciation for the CCWS. There are some CCWS fans that do nothing but spew venom towards the IRL fans. Too bad they feel the need to do that. I think they are insecure.

“"Racing Rules"”

NHRA

#15 Aug 27, 2007
Ski wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not bitter...today is a rather good day. ;-)
I know you are not bitter,but every Monday we have this scenerio around the threads! Big Arguments and nastiness everywhere! I will just stay out in the California Sunshine today,take the Doggies for a walk and wait for the UPS man,have a Hunter Salesman for this territory to pick up a few things today and that's about it around here today!;-)

“Waiting to inhale”

Since: Feb 07

Chicago

#16 Aug 27, 2007
Speaking of insecure, did you hear what Lance Briggs of the Bears did to this innocent $350,000 Italian two-seater? There should be a law against treating a finally tuned machine in this manner! And I'm a die-hard Bear fan!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story...

“"Racing Rules"”

NHRA

#17 Aug 27, 2007
Ski wrote:
Seems to be a common thing with some..not all..of the CCWS faithful. Most IRL fans have an appreciation for the CCWS. There are some CCWS fans that do nothing but spew venom towards the IRL fans. Too bad they feel the need to do that. I think they are insecure.
Yeah really! I don't get that! I watch it once in awhile,missed it this early morning Sunday! I never chomp on the bit about any series and i don't get the people that do either.

Since: Aug 07

AOL

#18 Aug 27, 2007
pchall wrote:
What real sponsorship has Vision Racing ever had besides Tony George's bank account?
Hell that's all they need the dude's loaded, lol.
IRL Maggots

Manchester, OH

#19 Aug 27, 2007
Chief nails it square on the head for the IRLstriches and they scurry about like cockroaches in the light trying to hide in fear so they don't get squashed under the mighty shoes of The Champ Car World Series.

AOL

#20 Aug 27, 2007
Chief wrote:
Nice try but no ones buying this b/s. Honey Indiana has enough fans for the 500 alone, you can say we're Cart which is now Champ but as long as there's a track here in Indiana there's a passion for the IRL and the Indy 500. You live elsewhere so you don't have a clue, sorry. Oh and DAnica is just marketing alot of people don't even care about her, including me and I'm a girl.

AOL

#21 Aug 27, 2007
Look people I like Champ, Irl, lemans, arca, isac, nascar and F-1 Racing is racing, why slam other series? That makes no sense to me at all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dan Wheldon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Danica Patrick: 7 Reasons Her Move to NASCAR Ha... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Barr 3
Dan Wheldon nude (Jun '12) Jun '12 Efrain 1
News Dario Franchitti has his third Indianapolis 500... (May '12) May '12 Sons of Liberty 2
News Danica at 30: From NASCAR novelty to winner? (Mar '12) Mar '12 big 3 5
News IndyCar removes Barnhart from race control (Nov '11) Feb '12 acrim 3
News Jimmie Johnson calls on IndyCar to quit ovals (Oct '11) Feb '12 Hunglo 5
News Power set for 2012 after tragedy (Jan '12) Feb '12 Jeff 3
More from around the web