Dixon's long wait worth it with win

Full story: The Indianapolis Star

The IndyCar Series raced like it wanted to get home Sunday afternoon after a long weekend at Nashville Superspeedway.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of165
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
nice race

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2007

Race ok, sarah not. get off the track when ur 10 mph slow and causing mishaps. good thing she has aaa insurance.
Will

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2007

I just wanted to laugh hearing Danica Patrick whining about lap traffic yesterday. Lap traffic not moving is ridiculous, but it is always something or someone elses fault why she does not win. Its becoming a joke.
Grandma

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2007

This race was a perfect example of just one of the many things that keeps open wheel racing from being as popular as NASCAR .... Lapped Traffic!! Move over!! Let us see a real racing finish!!
not worth the wait

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2007

That race was a joke.

Barnhart... either get rid of the damn blue/yellow flag entirely, or GROW THE BALLS TO THROW A BLACK FLAG!

I didn't tune in to see a race for 13th-15th.

Dixon never had to lift a bit when he came through these guys and Dario had to check up for every one?

Ed Carpenter between Danica and Franchitti for no reason at all?

This is a complete joke.

Speaking of black flags... you already engineered Hornish's 500 win by letting him slide by driving away with the fuel probe attached.

Lets get real Barnhart, pulling away with a probe still in the car is every bit as dangerous to the crew as running over an air hose.

Helmets weren't mandated until everybody got ran over, running over airlines wasn't penalized until somebody got hurt... if you want to pretend you've got the safest thing in the racing world.. lets start practicing it.
not worth the wait

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2007

Seriously Barnhart... Danica threw some blatant blocks... watching TV we knew she was getting warned. Throw a flag.

Last week you were 5 miles up Helio's backside when he was blocking Dixon going into 1 and we didn't see a flag all race.

You want your drivers to follow the rules? Enforce them every once in a while.

Go watch a Rolex Series Race and see what happens when somebody punts another car out of the way... there are consequences and nobody argues, the rules are clearly enforced there.
staggerlee

Wisconsin Rapids, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2007

Instead of whining maybe bottom feeding Danica should try making a pass from the outside once.
I know, I know, there wasn't much passing on the outside from all the drivers but I recall Weldon making an outside pass on Franchitti...and as for Danica she was just as guilty at blocking as anyone else yesterday.
Joe

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2007

Racing is about getting in front of the person in front of you being for a position change or if they are a lap(s) behind. Having them move over on purpose or throwing artificial yellow flags before the end (NASCAR is known for this) to "adjust" the field so that those in front of the field can be bunched together with no lapped cars in between is BOGUS racing. A driver who works their way ahead of others and puts lapped cars between him and those chasing him defeats his hard work and that of the team. Why bother then? Just run with a yellow flag till the last lap then throw the white and green at the same time. That is what NASCAR is anyway. And that lucky dog is again just manufactured racing. Real racing is just that racing withour artificial manipulation of the field
Joe

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2007

staggerlee wrote:
Instead of whining maybe bottom feeding Danica should try making a pass from the outside once.
I know, I know, there wasn't much passing on the outside from all the drivers but I recall Weldon making an outside pass on Franchitti...and as for Danica she was just as guilty at blocking as anyone else yesterday.
Well at least Danica is on the right team "Whinedretti" Racing....They are not a four car team but two-two cars teams. You have the racers Dario and Kanan lead by Kim Green and you have the whiners Danica and Marco lead by King Whiner Mickey. They should just split the team in half.
Poop du Jour

Mount Eden, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2007

These comments are funny as the majority of the handful who care enough to post are from the gomeratti who bought the revision of the vision part deux X 10 version.

Memo to the gomertards:

If you are stoopid enough to buy the vision then sit back, relax and enjoy the sheeit sammich that Barnfart shoves down your throat every "race".

Rememmber, they told you it would taste good. When you complain that it doesn't they will make you another and tell you it tastes better.

Keep whistling past the graveyard.
(with your sammich in hand)

Ski

“Is It Friday Yet?????”

Since: May 07

Smalltown New York

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2007

Joe wrote:
Racing is about getting in front of the person in front of you being for a position change or if they are a lap(s) behind. Having them move over on purpose or throwing artificial yellow flags before the end (NASCAR is known for this) to "adjust" the field so that those in front of the field can be bunched together with no lapped cars in between is BOGUS racing. A driver who works their way ahead of others and puts lapped cars between him and those chasing him defeats his hard work and that of the team. Why bother then? Just run with a yellow flag till the last lap then throw the white and green at the same time. That is what NASCAR is anyway. And that lucky dog is again just manufactured racing. Real racing is just that racing withour artificial manipulation of the field
I agree Joe. Dixon had no problem getting by the lapped traffic. If some others didn't, maybe it's because they aren't as good a driver in traffic. Lapped traffic is part of the race.

Since: Jul 07

Wayne, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2007

not worth the wait wrote:
Seriously Barnhart... Danica threw some blatant blocks... watching TV we knew she was getting warned. Throw a flag.
Last week you were 5 miles up Helio's backside when he was blocking Dixon going into 1 and we didn't see a flag all race.
Go watch a Rolex Series Race and see what happens when somebody punts another car out of the way... there are consequences and nobody argues, the rules are clearly enforced there.
Danica only threw the blocks because the lapped traffic in front of her blocked her. If she hadn't thrown the blocks she would have lost the position because of an idiot back-marker. I would have been pissed too, if I were Danica.

Wayne, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2007

staggerlee wrote:
Wheldon did not pass Franchitti. That would imply that both were going all out and Wheldon just happened to be fast enough to go around him. Not the case. Wheldon was only able to get by Franchitti because Dixon made that ballsy pass of Franchitti on the inside, and rather than risk wrecking all three of them, Franchitti did the classy thing and checked up, allowing Wheldon to go on through.

Wayne, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2007

I also don't understand your reference to the Rolex Series and punting. No one was punted in that race. Punting and blocking are two completely different things.
Eric

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2007

Well another one groove full throttle oval race is in the history books. The race was boring, one groove full throttle tracks just don't work with an open wheel formula. The estimated 7 to 8 thousand fans in the stands should say enough. Just think of how many of those tickets were free. The number of people who actually buy a ticket for an IRL race is low. Hopefully Dario gets out of this so called racing series and takes a fulltime ride in the American LeMans Series.
Great job

Danville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2007

Ed Carpenter was an idiot. Why did he feel the need to block when he was not racing for position? If he needs a favor in the future... he won't have many friends on the track.

And Sarah Fisher... Sheesh. She nearly caused some serious accidents. She should have been sent to the garages.

Wayne, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2007

Great job wrote:
Ed Carpenter was an idiot. Why did he feel the need to block when he was not racing for position? If he needs a favor in the future... he won't have many friends on the track.
And Sarah Fisher... Sheesh. She nearly caused some serious accidents. She should have been sent to the garages.
Garages? More like sent to the minors. Although I feel like even the you racing leagues are a little too advanced for her these days.
indysince50

Olathe, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2007

Cinder wrote:
<quoted text>
Danica only threw the blocks because the lapped traffic in front of her blocked her. If she hadn't thrown the blocks she would have lost the position because of an idiot back-marker. I would have been pissed too, if I were Danica.
If I was Danica, who has never won anything, I would graciously take my 3rd place finish and not get into the blame game.

It wouldn't have made any difference if there was lapped traffic or not, she was not going to win that race.

It was somewhat disingenuous on her part to imply that slower cars affected the outcome. Afterall, her driving resume is certainly not without on track incidents that have caused problems for other drivers.
Shelborne

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2007

Speaking of black flags... you already engineered Hornish's 500 win by letting him slide by driving away with the fuel probe attached.
Lets get real Barnhart, pulling away with a probe still in the car is every bit as dangerous to the crew as running over an air hose.
Helmets weren't mandated until everybody got ran over, running over airlines wasn't penalized until somebody got hurt... if you want to pretend you've got the safest thing in the racing world.. lets start practicing it.
Hornish was penalized (I think it was a "stop and go" on the re-start lap) in his 500 win for leaving the pit box with the probe still attached.

Ski

“Is It Friday Yet?????”

Since: May 07

Smalltown New York

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2007

Who is Danica going to complain about if she finally DOES win a race? She points the finger at everyone but herself after every race. Will she give praise to her team when and if she wins, or will she accept sole responsibility?
bubba

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2007

I was there, Danica should be happy with third. Dario seemed to have the race in hand but Dixon played it smart and used the slower car to take the lead, I'm glad that Dario knew better then to cause a wreck too. About the flag being thrown for the wreck close to the finish we at the race couldnt figure out why it was'nt put out as the car clearly was on the wall right in front of the flag man and they waited to go yellow after it was in the first turn, guess they were so busy with the blue/yellow get out of the way flag to realize what had happened. All in all it was a good race and will be there again next year, I Am Indy all the way.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of165
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Dan Wheldon Discussions

Search the Dan Wheldon Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Danica Patrick: 7 Reasons Her Move to NASCAR Ha... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Barr 3
Dan Wheldon nude (Jun '12) Jun '12 Efrain 1
Dario Franchitti has his third Indianapolis 500... (May '12) May '12 Sons of Liberty 2
Danica at 30: From NASCAR novelty to winner? (Mar '12) Mar '12 big 3 5
IndyCar removes Barnhart from race control (Nov '11) Feb '12 acrim 3
Jimmie Johnson calls on IndyCar to quit ovals (Oct '11) Feb '12 Hunglo 5
Power set for 2012 after tragedy (Jan '12) Feb '12 Jeff 3
•••
•••
•••