Huge names in Rolex 24

Huge names in Rolex 24

There are 38 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Jan 24, 2008, titled Huge names in Rolex 24. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

A star-studded cast led by the defending champions from Ganassi Racing headline this weekend's 46th Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona at Daytona International Speedway.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“"Racing Rules"”

Since: Dec 06

NHRA

#29 Jan 26, 2008
Ski wrote:
It is a waste of time to argue with the lurker and all of his personalities. He can't keep them all strait anyhow.
He is stuck in 1995 and will never leave there. He is the type that takes EVERYTHING personally.
Come on lurker...move out of mom's basement and join us in the 21st century. Holding on to the past is eating you alive. Your mom will thank you for it. She is getting tired of the stench drifting up thru the floor boards.
Hey Ski,are you getting more excited now!? Hey shoot me an e-mail once in a blue moon,lol! When i go back home i hope to have time at O'Hare to meet Indycar Mike for a drink!That would be great if i had an hour before boarding! I usually have 45 min to one hour! at least this time,come Feb it won't be like it was before the Holidays!(a complete mess,lol)I am glad that Fox is having coverage for those who don't get the Speed channel!
Have a great day Ski! Enjoy the race today!GO GANASSI!
staggerlee

Wyocena, WI

#30 Jan 26, 2008
Paul Page wrote:
"Rusty Wallace shifting to studio duty"
Thank goodness... He was almost as bad as me!!!
I don't know about being as bad as Paul Page but I was hoping that Wallace retired that it meant we wouldn't hear his whining voice again. I thought ABC / ESPN using Wallace as a commentator for IRL races was grossly insulting to open wheels fans. He was a taxi cab driver and an overrated one at that.

Since: Aug 07

AOL

#31 Jan 26, 2008
staggerlee wrote:
<quoted text> I don't know about being as bad as Paul Page but I was hoping that Wallace retired that it meant we wouldn't hear his whining voice again. I thought ABC / ESPN using Wallace as a commentator for IRL races was grossly insulting to open wheels fans. He was a taxi cab driver and an overrated one at that.
I like Rusty but hey it's just my opinion, by the way you're in a Nascar forum so why insult the cars? like it or not they're number one!

AOL

#32 Jan 26, 2008
Ski wrote:
It is a waste of time to argue with the lurker and all of his personalities. He can't keep them all strait anyhow.
He is stuck in 1995 and will never leave there. He is the type that takes EVERYTHING personally.
Come on lurker...move out of mom's basement and join us in the 21st century. Holding on to the past is eating you alive. Your mom will thank you for it. She is getting tired of the stench drifting up thru the floor boards.
You're so right he's not worth any of it, lol, It blows my mind how I step out for 4 hours to return and see he devoted an hour to spewing hate over the IRL and Tony George. It's amazing he survives and when does he work? My God I hope I never see him in public :)
Mary Anne

United States

#33 Jan 26, 2008
Qualifying in the Sprint Series is a joke. It should be the fastes 43 race no matter who you are or who your sponsor is. If you aren't in the top 43, you don't race. It means you didn't do your job that day and we'll see you next weekend. Money and sponsors are ruining another sport.
Mary Anne

United States

#34 Jan 26, 2008
Qualifying is a joke in the Sprint Cup Series. There should be no top 35 rule. The top 43 should race no matter who you are or who your sponsor is. If you're not fast enough to get in the top 43, you don't race. It means you didn't do your job and we'll see you next weekend. Money and sponsors are ruining another sport.
Chad

Louisville, KY

#35 Jan 27, 2008
Lets go racing wrote:
<quoted text>OK this had no crediblity what so ever. Are you so mad at Champ going under that you feel the need to degrade a 19 year old kid who by the way is only 1 of 2 in the US that has potential to go. You just sound out there.
Just what the hell does Champ Car dissolving have to do with Graham Rahal being a spoiled marginally talented loud mouthed punk ? At this point in his career he has never won anything. Face the fact if his last name wasn't Rahal this guy would be swinging a hammer while nailing shingles on someones roof.
VAindycar

Braddock Heights, MD

#36 Jan 27, 2008
"The IRL's June 28 race at Richmond (Va.) International Raceway will be lengthened to 300 laps -- an increase of 50 -- and will begin later (8 p.m.) for a more natural night-time effect...."

This is great news! Race was too short and will benefit from an additional pitstop. Good call IRL!!!

“"Racing Rules"”

NHRA

#37 Jan 27, 2008
VAindycar wrote:
"The IRL's June 28 race at Richmond (Va.) International Raceway will be lengthened to 300 laps -- an increase of 50 -- and will begin later (8 p.m.) for a more natural night-time effect...."
This is great news! Race was too short and will benefit from an additional pitstop. Good call IRL!!!
Thank you! This is what i was hoping for and said last year about the race being too short on the laps! Thanks for the heads up! ;-)
Cooper

Indianapolis, IN

#38 Jan 27, 2008
Ganassi wins his third straight 24 hours of Daytona. Chip get most of the credit, but there is a local boy from Roncalli High School and Purdue that is more responsible for these wins as anyone including Mr. Ganassi, He is Mike Ogara. Mike has been the engineer for all three races. This accomplishment has NEVER occurred before. Congratulation Ganassi Racing and Congratulation Mike Ogara. Job well done.

“"Racing Rules"”

NHRA

#39 Jan 27, 2008
Cooper wrote:
Ganassi wins his third straight 24 hours of Daytona. Chip get most of the credit, but there is a local boy from Roncalli High School and Purdue that is more responsible for these wins as anyone including Mr. Ganassi, He is Mike Ogara. Mike has been the engineer for all three races. This accomplishment has NEVER occurred before. Congratulation Ganassi Racing and Congratulation Mike Ogara. Job well done.
Thank you for this post! ;-)
MAX THE AX

Hamilton, Bermuda

#40 Jan 27, 2008
Race was won the Pruett, Montoya etc..The Gainsco Lowes car was second, and The Penske car came third, great job Roger. Who finished 4th?
MAX THE AX

Hamilton, Bermuda

#41 Jan 27, 2008
Finally the firt REAL Race of 08, this race in my opinion was better than lasts yeasrs Rolex 24
VAindycar

Braddock Heights, MD

#42 Jan 27, 2008
MAX THE AX wrote:
Race was won the Pruett, Montoya etc..The Gainsco Lowes car was second, and The Penske car came third, great job Roger. Who finished 4th?
Pretty impressive finish for both Penske and Stallings given their early setbacks. Looking forward to my "10 hours of TIVO" over the next week.

AOL

#43 Jan 27, 2008
Cooper wrote:
Wait a minute is this Sarah Fishers husband? or his brother? It sounds so familiar I hope if he's one of the two he'll be in charge of her IRL program this year since he's good!Interesting :)

AOL

#44 Jan 27, 2008
VAindycar wrote:
Really? Wow that is great, now I want them to say they'll have the merge and run all the races on both schedules of course not the ones the same day but you get my drift. I want those tracks back on the schedule. I want them to Merge like now.

AOL

#45 Jan 27, 2008
Chad wrote:
<quoted text>Just what the hell does Champ Car dissolving have to do with Graham Rahal being a spoiled marginally talented loud mouthed punk ? At this point in his career he has never won anything. Face the fact if his last name wasn't Rahal this guy would be swinging a hammer while nailing shingles on someones roof.
You are like 100 % wrong about him that's what I'm saying when you dog the IRL you it's usually because your feelings are hurt over the split that happend a long time ago. But your post must have been offensive it's gone.

Ski

“Is It Friday Yet?????”

Since: May 07

Smalltown New York

#46 Jan 27, 2008
Cooper wrote:
While Mike does play a part in the win, You cannot say he is more responsible for the win than anyone else.
It was a team effort...the ENTIRE team is responsible for this win, not just one engineer. There are machinists, fabricators, painters, electricians, carbon guys, truckies...a whole slew of people behind the scenes who seldom get any credit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dan Wheldon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Danica Patrick: 7 Reasons Her Move to NASCAR Ha... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Barr 3
Dan Wheldon nude (Jun '12) Jun '12 Efrain 1
News Dario Franchitti has his third Indianapolis 500... (May '12) May '12 Sons of Liberty 2
News Danica at 30: From NASCAR novelty to winner? (Mar '12) Mar '12 big 3 5
News IndyCar removes Barnhart from race control (Nov '11) Feb '12 acrim 3
News Jimmie Johnson calls on IndyCar to quit ovals (Oct '11) Feb '12 Hunglo 5
News Power set for 2012 after tragedy (Jan '12) Feb '12 Jeff 3
More from around the web