Huge names in Rolex 24

Huge names in Rolex 24

There are 38 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Jan 24, 2008, titled Huge names in Rolex 24. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

A star-studded cast led by the defending champions from Ganassi Racing headline this weekend's 46th Rolex 24 Hours of Daytona at Daytona International Speedway.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Beav

Erlanger, KY

#2 Jan 25, 2008
My money is on the Vision team. I think those guys are just swell.
RM SAYS

Erlanger, KY

#3 Jan 25, 2008
The star won't print this so here's what Robin Miller is reporting. Read the entire article http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/champcar...

Free cars. Free engines. Long Beach, Toronto, Edmonton, Mexico City and Australia added to the Indy Racing Leagueís schedule. A unified open-wheel series for 2008.
SPEEDtv.com has learned thatís what Tony George proposed to Champ Carís ownership group several weeks ago during meetings here in Indianapolis.
According to a well-placed source inside the open-wheel community, George presented his plan to Gerald Forsythe, the primary co-owner of Champ Car with Kevin Kalkhoven, along with minority owners, Dan Pettit and Paul Gentilozzi.
Indyfan

Marblehead, MA

#6 Jan 25, 2008
It's good to see Dario and Juan comming out of retirement to race again. They could pick up some spectators to take to the track in their taxis they drive now.

Since: Feb 07

Chicago, IL

#7 Jan 25, 2008
Thank goodness I can Nicole Manskeís fine ass soon again without having to update to a higher sports package to get Speed.
Paul Page

Indianapolis, IN

#8 Jan 25, 2008
"Rusty Wallace shifting to studio duty"
Thank goodness... He was almost as bad as me!!!

“My problem is your solution...”

Since: Dec 07

Greenwood, Indiana

#9 Jan 25, 2008
Dick wrote:
Curt,
Your headline should have been:
Tony George to Drive at Daytona
That was the shocker to me. To have the Speedway boss driving in a race as famous as the 24 Hour race in Daytona is really unusual. When did a businessman like that, associate with the sport, ever drive in a non celebrity race: maybe Bill Frace back in the 1950's. Tony is either crazy or desreves great credit.
I've seen TG race sprint cars...lets just say THANK GOD he paid his own way.
I hope he stay out of the way
Roger Clemens

United States

#10 Jan 25, 2008
I just got McNamee to inject me with NoDoz and I entered a team with me as the sole driver. It's over for the pampered boys at Ganassi!
Marcus Hunsinger

Rensselaer, NY

#11 Jan 25, 2008
I'm really upset not to see Tony Stewart name in the 24 hours at Daytona. I do enjoy watching this race, but it stinks that he is not racing in it.

Since: Aug 07

AOL

#12 Jan 25, 2008
Chad wrote:
The Champ Car driver doesn't see an F-1 opportunity in his "near future" and wouldn't consider leaving if there is a strong single entity in U.S. open-wheel racing.
In other words, he wants the IRL and Champ Car to become one.
"If we can get open-wheel racing back to like it used to be, I see no reason to go to Formula One," he said. "Personally, I love living here. There's nothing wrong with having a successful career here.
"The problem is, you're never going to be able to get the kind of credibility that people like my dad (Bobby) and others got because of the way the series are split."
Yeah sure Graham, the current open wheel drivers have no talent or credibility. To be honest this putz doesn't have the brains or work ethic to ever be an elite driver. He is just a spoiled punk kid with good equipment.
OK this had no crediblity what so ever. Are you so mad at Champ going under that you feel the need to degrade a 19 year old kid who by the way is only 1 of 2 in the US that has potential to go. You just sound out there.

AOL

#13 Jan 25, 2008
Dick wrote:
Curt,
Your headline should have been:
Tony George to Drive at Daytona
That was the shocker to me. To have the Speedway boss driving in a race as famous as the 24 Hour race in Daytona is really unusual. When did a businessman like that, associate with the sport, ever drive in a non celebrity race: maybe Bill Frace back in the 1950's. Tony is either crazy or desreves great credit.
Uh Tony George has ran in the 24 before. He is a former racer, having competed in the 1989 Indy Lights championship, finishing 12th in points and capturing 5 top-tens.

AOL

#14 Jan 25, 2008
RM SAYS wrote:
The star won't print this so here's what Robin Miller is reporting. Read the entire article http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/champcar...
Free cars. Free engines. Long Beach, Toronto, Edmonton, Mexico City and Australia added to the Indy Racing Leagueís schedule. A unified open-wheel series for 2008.
SPEEDtv.com has learned thatís what Tony George proposed to Champ Carís ownership group several weeks ago during meetings here in Indianapolis.
According to a well-placed source inside the open-wheel community, George presented his plan to Gerald Forsythe, the primary co-owner of Champ Car with Kevin Kalkhoven, along with minority owners, Dan Pettit and Paul Gentilozzi.
I posted it in the Indycar forum 2 days ago and yes the star printed it. http://www.topix.com/forum/indycar/T7Q0M541DQ...
Mr Happy

Delaware, OH

#18 Jan 25, 2008
Marcus Hunsinger wrote:
I'm really upset not to see Tony Stewart name in the 24 hours at Daytona. I do enjoy watching this race, but it stinks that he is not racing in it.
I do not know if this is the same Tony, this is from the 24 Hours of Daytona site: 20 DP CITGO - Howard - Boss Motorsports Andy Wallace, England; Jan Lammers, Netherlands; Tony Stewart, Rushville, IN Pontiac Crawford

How about an 82 year old driving. 79 DP Newman Racing/ Silverstone Racing Paul Newman, Westport, CT; Michael Brockman, Milford, CT; Sebastien Bourdais, France; Cristiano da Matta, Brazil Ford Crawford Newman Racing

Paul had this to say in 1995 "At the age of 70, he became the oldest driver to be part of a winning team in a major sanctioned race, the 24 Hours of Daytona in 1995. Newman told an Associated Press journalist in March 2005 that he'll "probably race for another year".

AOL

#19 Jan 25, 2008
Gomer Condre wrote:
<quoted text>
FTG is as much of a 'racer' as you.
How old were you in 1989? Can you describe for us the Indy Lights 'field' of the year, and the equipment variables?
How many laps do you think FTG will 'drive' that garbagetruckotype around Daytona?
We anxiously await your 'wisdom'. Ha ha ha.
It was about him racing at all, not the quality of the driver. I simply let them know it's not a new development, catch up.

AOL

#20 Jan 25, 2008
Gomer Condre wrote:
<quoted text>
FTG is as much of a 'racer' as you.
How old were you in 1989? Can you describe for us the Indy Lights 'field' of the year, and the equipment variables?
How many laps do you think FTG will 'drive' that garbagetruckotype around Daytona?
Goober everytime you come out you say the same stuff. Why bother?
Gomer Condre

West Palm Beach, FL

#21 Jan 25, 2008
Lets go racing wrote:
<quoted text>Goober everytime you come out you say the same stuff. Why bother?
Uh, no I don't. I could take the easy way out and ask why you 'bother' to mercilessly pound at that keyboard with utter disregard to reality, instead I'll take the high road.

And ask once again:

AOL

#22 Jan 25, 2008
Gomer Condre wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh, no I don't. I could take the easy way out and ask why you 'bother' to mercilessly pound at that keyboard with utter disregard to reality, instead I'll take the high road.
And ask once again:
Oh yeah you know all of this and guess what you won, I have no desire to wipe you, feed you and stroke your mental streak. I don't have to tell you anything about me, you know I've only talked to you 760 times you and all your fake names. You should figure out why you can't let Tony George go, he holds a big spot in your life you can't move on and it's sad. Now go change your name and Ip quick.

AOL

#25 Jan 25, 2008
Gomer Condre wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep accusing me of 'fake names' and proxies yet you are an alleged moderator of this abomination.
If topix is willing to turn over the records, I'd love to see you in court.
One more time, with feeling:
In court? Delusional... Hey Buddy it's 2008 you have to move on from Tony George, Indy lights and you're 20 year old hang ups. Good luck with it, you will need it.
Hey

Noblesville, IN

#26 Jan 26, 2008
Let it go gomer. Your bait and troll mentality is wearing thin. Your bias is apparent and sort of irritating in a childlike way. You should take advantage of the few cart posts that are available while they are still around. I don't know how a court case could come out of your delusional thought process. Get out of the basement.

“"Racing Rules"”

Since: Dec 06

NHRA

#27 Jan 26, 2008
Jack Harington wrote:
Kids, it's race time...Start Your Engines
AMEN TO THAT!
For all those who don't know,the Rolex 24hrs of Daytona is on FOX at 1:00pm till 2:30 when it switches over to Speed channel!(Part one of course and ET time)Have a great weekend everyone!

Ski

“Is It Friday Yet?????”

Since: May 07

Smalltown New York

#28 Jan 26, 2008
It is a waste of time to argue with the lurker and all of his personalities. He can't keep them all strait anyhow.
He is stuck in 1995 and will never leave there. He is the type that takes EVERYTHING personally.

Come on lurker...move out of mom's basement and join us in the 21st century. Holding on to the past is eating you alive. Your mom will thank you for it. She is getting tired of the stench drifting up thru the floor boards.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dan Wheldon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Danica Patrick: 7 Reasons Her Move to NASCAR Ha... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Barr 3
Dan Wheldon nude (Jun '12) Jun '12 Efrain 1
News Dario Franchitti has his third Indianapolis 500... (May '12) May '12 Sons of Liberty 2
News Danica at 30: From NASCAR novelty to winner? (Mar '12) Mar '12 big 3 5
News IndyCar removes Barnhart from race control (Nov '11) Feb '12 acrim 3
News Jimmie Johnson calls on IndyCar to quit ovals (Oct '11) Feb '12 Hunglo 5
News Power set for 2012 after tragedy (Jan '12) Feb '12 Jeff 3
More from around the web