No penalty for Patrick's push

Danica Patrick won't be penalized for her grab-and-push of Dan Wheldon after Sunday's Indy-car race in Milwaukee. Full Story

Ski

“Is It Friday Yet?????”

Since: May 07

Smalltown New York

#136 Jun 7, 2007
Mike

Calm down. Wheldon's Indy 500 deal was two years ago. I have neither seen nor heard anything about it from him since. As for Sarah Fisher not getting the press...it's a shame. She is much more deserving than Danica is. And I doubt any other driver would have appologized had they been in Wheldon's shoes. As said earlier...HER TEAM MATES appologized to Wheldon for HER actions! Why would they do that if HE was wrong?

Ski

“Is It Friday Yet?????”

Smalltown New York

#138 Jun 7, 2007
I stand corrected. I mis-read your last comment.
It doesn't change the fact though.
Hickville

Collinsville, MS

#139 Jun 7, 2007
Zeke wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to be pushing the "teenage boy" angle pretty hard here and in other posts. Is there something you'd like to share with the class?
Somebody named Zeke that lives in Greewood? You're probably a sheep farmhand. Are you stalking my my comments, Bubba?
Nicole

Wixom, MI

#140 Jun 7, 2007
http://sports.espn.go.com/keyword/search...
Watch the "Five Good Minutes" video.
GO DAN!

“Waiting to inhale”

Since: Feb 07

Chicago

#141 Jun 7, 2007
Ski...don't let cyberspace cloud our conversation. I like talking racing with you guys.
Ski wrote:
Mike
Calm down. Wheldon's Indy 500 deal was two years ago. I have neither seen nor heard anything about it from him since. As for Sarah Fisher not getting the press...it's a shame. She is much more deserving than Danica is. And I doubt any other driver would have appologized had they been in Wheldon's shoes. As said earlier...HER TEAM MATES appologized to Wheldon for HER actions! Why would they do that if HE was wrong?
ajwilli32

United States

#142 Jun 7, 2007
Just what I saided she has not earn the right to drive a car. Come up the
hard way be thankful you got one of the best machines to drive. She thinks
she is good. AG wanted some more money
for their cars with the one driver
Marco afraid to drive certian ovals.
Stop this before you get hurt or hurt
someone else. Great day to be a Raider
lots of love, Paris got out of joint.
RaiderNation
MaD SouthSider

United States

#143 Jun 7, 2007
Ok, so here I was at the IMS track with my kids getting driver autographs, guess who snubbed my 2 boys to sign only 1 autograph ( a lil girls )... yes you guessed it.. the queen Danica. Guess what my boy said... "She isnít very nice is she dad".. this was from a 5 yr old.

Ski

“Is It Friday Yet?????”

Smalltown New York

#144 Jun 7, 2007
Mike

No Worries !
It's good to have spirited discussions. Seems like there are alot more intelligent people who enjoy racing here than on the USAToday sites.
I don't have an issue with women in the IRL or racing in general. I have an issue with the media inflating someones ego based on their gender. What made it worse for me was how she handled it and the way she continues to handle it. Now it appears that the IRL is trying to make good on the hype and AGR is getting preferential treatmentnin the process.
I don't want the IRL to become the circus that NASCAR has become.

Ski

“Is It Friday Yet?????”

Smalltown New York

#145 Jun 7, 2007
Just got home and getting ready for dinner.
I will talk to you tomorrow hopefully.
Good Night All

“Waiting to inhale”

Chicago

#146 Jun 7, 2007
Back at ya, guy. I don't think NASCAR invented the idea of driver personalities though...it was going on in open wheel racing decades before NASCAR's modern popularity.

Looking forward to this weekend. A cool Texas and Portland race!
Ski wrote:
Mike
No Worries !
It's good to have spirited discussions. Seems like there are alot more intelligent people who enjoy racing here than on the USAToday sites.
I don't have an issue with women in the IRL or racing in general. I have an issue with the media inflating someones ego based on their gender. What made it worse for me was how she handled it and the way she continues to handle it. Now it appears that the IRL is trying to make good on the hype and AGR is getting preferential treatmentnin the process.
I don't want the IRL to become the circus that NASCAR has become.

Saint Louis, MO

#147 Jun 7, 2007
I think Danica has handled all the media stuff really well since it has been going on for so long. Weldon did chop her and she usually has her facts right when she complains. Score one for Danica on this one!(I'm not a huge Patrick fan nor an AGR fan, but I think she's right on this one.)

“Waiting to inhale”

Chicago

#148 Jun 7, 2007
Saw this before hitting the hay...I suddenly find myself agreeing 100% with Robin Miller. Either he or I are mellowing...

http://www.speedtv.com/commentary/37857/
IndyCarFan

Noblesville, IN

#151 Jun 8, 2007
Indycarmike57 wrote:
IMS scares Junior. And he's also young enough and effected enough by the split that he doesn't "get" Indy. Tragically, that's like a lot of guys coming up.
Arie told him that he's got to get over that or forget about this form of racing.
<quoted text>
So, what is he doing now?
IndyCarFan

Noblesville, IN

#152 Jun 8, 2007
Ski wrote:
Mike
But Sarah does look nice in her new "I Gotta Man" commercial. She's finally embracing her feminine side. I'll bet she has a new PR person or something. I remember when she started, she didn't want to be know as the "female driver". I think maybe she's realizing that wouldn't have been a bad thing given what it's done for Danica.
IndyCarFan

Noblesville, IN

#153 Jun 8, 2007
MaD SouthSider wrote:
Ok, so here I was at the IMS track with my kids getting driver autographs, guess who snubbed my 2 boys to sign only 1 autograph ( a lil girls )... yes you guessed it.. the queen Danica. Guess what my boy said... "She isnít very nice is she dad".. this was from a 5 yr old.
And, I believe she's been the most requested driver to sign autographs. Unfortunately, people need to realize the drivers can't possibly grant that request to everyone.
IndyCarFan

Noblesville, IN

#154 Jun 8, 2007
Indycarmike57 wrote:
Saw this before hitting the hay...I suddenly find myself agreeing 100% with Robin Miller. Either he or I are mellowing...
http://www.speedtv.com/commentary/37857/
Yes, I agree as well.

“Waiting to inhale”

Chicago

#155 Jun 8, 2007
Well, I'd just be surprised if we ever saw him at Indianapolis.
IndyCarFan wrote:
<quoted text>
So, what is he doing now?

“Waiting to inhale”

Chicago

#156 Jun 8, 2007
Last month I was standing along the Tower Terrace fencing across from Danica's pits (which was a mob scene)and watched her finally walk up, not golf cart up, from Gasoline Alley and immediately begin signing kids autographs who were there waiting for probably at least a half hour. I shot a Flix of the scene on my cell phone and still have it.

Danica was an absolute sweetheart with those kids. When she finally had to stop and put her helmet on to go drive 230 mph she told the one's still waiting that she was so sorry but she had to go to work.

...kinda brought a tear to my eye. I think she does pretty darn well considering all of the directions she gets pulled.
IndyCarFan wrote:
<quoted text>
And, I believe she's been the most requested driver to sign autographs. Unfortunately, people need to realize the drivers can't possibly grant that request to everyone.

“YNWA”

Since: Jun 07

Greenwood, IN.

#157 Jun 8, 2007
Isn't she just a little angel!!!! If only she would smile once in a while and stop blaming everyone else for the fact that she hasn't won a race yet she might be even more liked

“Waiting to inhale”

Chicago

#158 Jun 8, 2007
Of course...I was having a little fun with the "tear to my eye" comment!:)
HinUSA wrote:
Isn't she just a little angel!!!! If only she would smile once in a while and stop blaming everyone else for the fact that she hasn't won a race yet she might be even more liked

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dan Wheldon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Danica Patrick: 7 Reasons Her Move to NASCAR Ha... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Barr 3
Dan Wheldon nude (Jun '12) Jun '12 Efrain 1
Dario Franchitti has his third Indianapolis 500... (May '12) May '12 Sons of Liberty 2
Danica at 30: From NASCAR novelty to winner? (Mar '12) Mar '12 big 3 5
IndyCar removes Barnhart from race control (Nov '11) Feb '12 acrim 3
Jimmie Johnson calls on IndyCar to quit ovals (Oct '11) Feb '12 Hunglo 5
Power set for 2012 after tragedy (Jan '12) Feb '12 Jeff 3
More from around the web