NASCAR is a dying sport

Jun 3, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Alabama Live

NASCAR is dyingA I couldn't help but notice the empty stands in Dover. I understand it is a Saturday afternoon race, but what else is going on in that part of the town? It is pathetic.

Comments
21 - 31 of 31 Comments Last updated Jun 24, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
X Jr Fan

Cleveland, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2012

Judged:

I hope the NFL doesn't change their point system and reset all the points after the 3rd quarter and the team who scores the most points in the 4th quarter wins the game.
acrim

Manhattan Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2012

Judged:

A$$CAR dies more every day...just like the Obama Presidency.
Jorge

Lady Lake, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2012

Winning isn't even the objective of some teams. Sponsor money and marketing are obviously the basis for Dwarfica having a ride.
WWE CRASHCAR 2012

Trumbull, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2012

Judged:

X Jr Fan wrote:
I hope the NFL doesn't change their point system and reset all the points after the 3rd quarter and the team who scores the most points in the 4th quarter wins the game.
Make the NFL like NASCAR:

If a team is trailing by more then a touchdown they will get an extra down; call it the Lucky Dog Rule. If that doesn't make the game closer the refs will throw fake penalty flags.
Jorge

Lady Lake, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2012

Judged:

How would NFL make Dwarfica a star? Maybe she could play in a bikini with beer ads on her butt, no physical contact allowed and all the guys with lead weight on their feet.
zach_

Carrollton, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 8, 2012

Judged:

Read the script. The guy throws out his B.S. on everything including NASCAR. The stands are not full. Good thing the stands do not have to be full to turn a profit. LONG LIVE NASCAR - INDY - F1 - 2WHEEL - WATER -.... My rant is over. See ya tomorrow at the INDY race in Texas. Watchin the Truck race as I "type" (hunt and peck).
ThomasA

Gadsden, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2012

Jorge wrote:
What are the money sources for NASCAR? How much comes from butts in seats, advertising, sales of stuff to fans, tv revenues, etc?
TV time just like the outrageous Super Bowl and it's out-of -sight advertising prices. If the fan base continues to fade,so will the sponsor's money and support.
Jorge

Lady Lake, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2012

Judged:

Thanks Thomas, explains alot. I can see the marketing power of Danica Patrick is more than enough to give her a ride. THe fans sho up to see the race and i can see that their not the priority.
acrim

Manhattan Beach, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2012

It was another A$$CAR round-n-round borefest.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2012

Judged:

Grits wrote:
Should be outlawed! Just a bunch of rednecks!!!! They make money off of trailer trash that really can't afford to attend the stupid event!
Morganton, NC. It wouldn't suprise me if your employment was some way sustained by Nascar.
yupyup724

Zephyrhills, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2012

It sems like I get to see some racing with alot of commercials.I will be dropping NASCAR as my favorite sport.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••