NASCAR is a dying sport

NASCAR is a dying sport

There are 31 comments on the Alabama Live story from Jun 3, 2012, titled NASCAR is a dying sport. In it, Alabama Live reports that:

NASCAR is dyingA I couldn't help but notice the empty stands in Dover. I understand it is a Saturday afternoon race, but what else is going on in that part of the town? It is pathetic.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Alabama Live.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“smokes~ mojo”

Since: Dec 06

kepin' the ears on the big dog

#1 Jun 3, 2012
Is Nascar a dying sport?
duh

Columbus, OH

#2 Jun 3, 2012
yep it is. drivers do not race for the fun & thrill anymore.
goose slayer

Pittsburgh, PA

#3 Jun 3, 2012
yep it is so boring now,without dale, plus jr sucks, iam tired of wasting my sundays watching nascar,the no points race sucked to
pogo daytona beach fl

Port Orange, FL

#4 Jun 3, 2012
you got to be kidding last time i'll ever watch the texas and kansas if thats racing you can have it all ,,trust me next yr i'll not be there nascar is all about the money now look at the patrick deal do you really believe she should racing sprint cup
HEy1223

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#5 Jun 3, 2012
Barr

Temperance, MI

#6 Jun 3, 2012
NASCAR is losing peoples interest fast. Way to much money for the flea bag motels people have to use in the small town areas of the south where most of the races are held. Not necessarily NASCARs fault there it is what it is. Tickets aren't to bad.
who cares

Oak Hill, WV

#7 Jun 3, 2012
Notice how skilled the cameramen are getting at scanning real fast past all the empty seats?

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#8 Jun 4, 2012
I think the economy is killing NASCAR along with has prices and such. The stereotypical NASCAR fan doesn't make a lot of money but the money it takes to run a competitive race team keep growing with each tic of the clock
F1 Funatic

Reynoldsburg, OH

#9 Jun 4, 2012
Come to the Dark Side!

The Formula 1 Grand Prix of Canada is Sunday June 10th at 2pm EDT on SPEED!

The Dark Side has left AND right turns and races in the rain!
Mary

Washington, DC

#10 Jun 4, 2012
F1 Funatic wrote:
Come to the Dark Side!
The Formula 1 Grand Prix of Canada is Sunday June 10th at 2pm EDT on SPEED!
The Dark Side has left AND right turns and races in the rain!
F1 Funatic

Reynoldsburg, OH

#11 Jun 4, 2012
Mary wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =WinlGmqlFNUXX
pffft... http://www.youtube.com/watch...
big 3

Plymouth, IN

#12 Jun 4, 2012
the points chase is keepin it to clean the cars r so much alike the older guys wanted to win the race points will come along now you have 1 bad race your in a hole the cost of a car over the top dont beat it up they need use the bumpers an race
X Jr Fan

Cleveland, TN

#13 Jun 5, 2012
Probably because there is no reason to watch the first 26 races because they don't count. The real season starts in September. It doesn't matter if Biffle builds up a huge points lead now or not, he probably won't be the leader after they reset the points.The real champion gets robbed each year by this.
ThomasA

Gadsden, AL

#14 Jun 5, 2012
who cares wrote:
Notice how skilled the cameramen are getting at scanning real fast past all the empty seats?
They also paint the seats in color blocks to hide the empty seats. The sports reporters spend too much time on a few drivers and ignore the rest of the pack that bust their asses to make up the field. It's like all the Tiger,Tiger,Tiger in the golf reporting even when he wasn't playing or winning. It seems logical to fill the stands with cheaper seat prices and make it up on the high priced beer and concessions. If not,fans will get into other activities and be busy doing something else on their weekends.
Jorge

Lady Lake, FL

#15 Jun 6, 2012
What are the money sources for NASCAR? How much comes from butts in seats, advertising, sales of stuff to fans, tv revenues, etc?
WWE CRASHCAR 2012

Florham Park, NJ

#16 Jun 6, 2012
X Jr Fan wrote:
Probably because there is no reason to watch the first 26 races because they don't count. The real season starts in September. It doesn't matter if Biffle builds up a huge points lead now or not, he probably won't be the leader after they reset the points.The real champion gets robbed each year by this.
The Chase is stupid; the lucky dog rule is really stupid, and the stupidity in NASCAR never ends. Someone should tell the morons running NASCAR that if they make a few more stupid rule changes only idiots will be willing to attend NASCAR races and most of them can't afford to.
CheersForKyle

Perry, GA

#18 Jun 7, 2012
They are committing suicide, ie. the suspension of Kurt Busch for his answer to a slimy reporter!! Next, they will suspend a driver for spitting on the track....I expect to find Kyle, or Tony or any other dirver with a backbone...standing in the corner in the big tent!!! Been a fan for over 50 years and the racing rules today are laughable!! Give me the Cale and the Allison brothers!!!
barr

Temperance, MI

#19 Jun 7, 2012
Someone in NASCAR has decided they don't want Kurt Busch. Suspending him for what he said to a slimball reporter is stupid. NASCAR knows the reporter is one that only looks to stir up shit and never does any truthful reporting on NASCAR.
Jorge

Lady Lake, FL

#20 Jun 7, 2012
Bet the next suspension will be from a driver (profanely) criticising Dwarfica's crappy, tentative driving that puts the field at risk.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#21 Jun 7, 2012
I'm really glad that they looked at the situation and the context and especially they reporter and the history that the reporter has knowing that Busch has a temper and says whatever is on his mind had a lot to do with the reporter baiting him to say such

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Andretti Autosport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Patrick's solid day ends up in the wall Jun 10 tom wingo 2
News Danica Patrick confronts Denny Hamlin after col... Apr '15 joe glazer 22
News Danica Patrick was the center of attention duri... Feb '15 Bubba 2
News Danica Patrick: Latest News, 2014 Sprint Cup Ra... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Cale 11 2
News Female crew chiefs could be next for NASCAR (Aug '14) Aug '14 WWE CRASHCAR 2014 4
News Danica Patrick Indianapolis result (Jul '14) Jul '14 Dwarfica 2
News Like her or not, Danica Patrick still moves the... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Jorge 1
More from around the web