Drivers ... and Danica ... start your engines

Feb 24, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: News Observer

The Oscar-nominated actor is giving drivers the command to fire their machines, a duty that is normally carried out with the most famous words in racing: "Gentlemen, start your engines." Of course, this year is different.

Comments
1 - 20 of 20 Comments Last updated Mar 30, 2013
Julie

Elmhurst, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Feb 24, 2013
 

Judged:

3

1

1

So tired of hearing about Danica! Seemed like a bogus caution just cuz she was losing position. I call foul
shortcut

Farley, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Feb 24, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

That was absolutely the most boring race EVER!!! Maybe there will be -- maybe cars passing each other during the next Danica 500.!!
499 laps of follow the leader and 1 lap of 2 cars passing, congrats to Jr for actually breaking the freight train and passing someone.
its no mystery why ASSCAR has lost viewers!!
Barry Goldwater

Lockport, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Feb 24, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

It only took ten years but America finally realized what crap Nascar is.
WWE CRASHCAR 2013

Trumbull, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Feb 24, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

What happened, I was sleeping by lap 5.
Belinda

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Feb 24, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Julie wrote:
So tired of hearing about Danica! Seemed like a bogus caution just cuz she was losing position. I call foul
Thank you!!! I am so tired of the "Danica Show". Nascar thinks they are attracting fans by their constant focus on Danica, but I think they are ticking off more than they are making happy. Yesterday when the big wreck happened Jennifer Jo Cobb was running 10th and Danica was somewhere in the back of the pack, but Nascar never mentioned Jennifer. If a money team were to put Jennifer behind the wheel of a decent car, she could run circles around Danica. GIVE US A BREAK NASCAR!!!! ENOUGH OF DANICA ALREADY!!!!!!
Belinda

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Feb 24, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

shortcut wrote:
That was absolutely the most boring race EVER!!! Maybe there will be -- maybe cars passing each other during the next Danica 500.!!
499 laps of follow the leader and 1 lap of 2 cars passing, congrats to Jr for actually breaking the freight train and passing someone.
its no mystery why ASSCAR has lost viewers!!
You said it. It was absolutely the "Danica 500". It's getting sickening.
Bubba

Gloversville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Feb 24, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Belinda wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you!!! I am so tired of the "Danica Show". Nascar thinks they are attracting fans by their constant focus on Danica, but I think they are ticking off more than they are making happy. Yesterday when the big wreck happened Jennifer Jo Cobb was running 10th and Danica was somewhere in the back of the pack, but Nascar never mentioned Jennifer. If a money team were to put Jennifer behind the wheel of a decent car, she could run circles around Danica. GIVE US A BREAK NASCAR!!!! ENOUGH OF DANICA ALREADY!!!!!!
I said that before , not against women in nascar but a women should earn her way , like Cobb has , I also said if any other drivers had the record that Danica and Jr have between them 1 win in 4 years , they would be unemployed .
Duh 1

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Feb 24, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

AND Franko is a stupid idiot. he shoud have said, drivers start your engines . stupid boring race and I really detest he person who won!!!!!!!!. I could not watch the entire race. boring boring. they are losing more fans after today.

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Feb 24, 2013
 

Judged:

4

2

2

I thought it was pretty insulting of him myself...The way he said it, he didn't acknowledge Danica as a driver. A lot of times in Indy car they say Ladies and Gentlemen Start Your Engines since there are several female drivers there now and Gentlemen has the better ring to it than Drivers and they are still politically correct.
Hilton Head

Deland, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Feb 25, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

1

Anyone watching the races this year had better get used to hearing the Patrick show especially while lame brain DW is announcing. It's sad that so many good upcoming young drivers get no mention at all while NASCAR struggles to fill seats. I imagine that attendance will continue to drop with that type of mentality. The only reason I can see that attendance was good in Daytona was because of the name. Same reason that Earnhardt Jr. Is popular.
Paul

Johnstown, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Feb 25, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

its bad when even the starter of the race Franco dosen't think Danica is a driver
dick head

Shawano, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Feb 26, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

1

TexasRaider wrote:
I thought it was pretty insulting of him myself...The way he said it, he didn't acknowledge Danica as a driver. A lot of times in Indy car they say Ladies and Gentlemen Start Your Engines since there are several female drivers there now and Gentlemen has the better ring to it than Drivers and they are still politically correct.
your right...he should have said drivers and dumb box danitwat stay out of the way lol
Jorge

Lady Lake, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Mar 1, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

5

Danica is not young and we'll see if she is upcoming. With clearly the fastest car on the track, an 8th place finish may not be so impressive. Still, she was in top ten.
duh6

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Mar 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

yep, he is a creap, how did he get invited to ths. he knows zero about racing.
Jorge

Lady Lake, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Mar 2, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

5

Never mind - dwarfica is back where she belongs - 40th at Phoenix

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp...
WWE CRASCAR 2013

Trumbull, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Mar 3, 2013
 
Jorge wrote:
Never mind - dwarfica is back where she belongs - 40th at Phoenix
http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp...
Phoenix is more about the driver, Daytona is all about the illegal car.
stick13

Hartland, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Mar 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

WWE CRASCAR 2013 wrote:
<quoted text>
Phoenix is more about the driver, Daytona is all about the illegal car.
Illegal car?? You may know something we don't.
Jorge

Lady Lake, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Mar 4, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Illegal or not, dwarfica had the best car on the track at Daytona.
Bubba

Northville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Mar 15, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

its funny shes on the pole at Daytona , then starts 40th , 37th , and 41st , yep shes good ....
Jorge

Lady Lake, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Mar 30, 2013
 
In fact, the line is correct. Danica is neither a driver nor a lady. He said it nicely - consider the alternative - "Drivers and short, incompetent wanna-be aka Danicant start your engines".

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••